• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

mxgt

Banned
Awesome OT

Don't know if I'll be able to make the league times every week but I'll put my tags down here anyway (will be playing on PC)

Live: MXGT
Steam

Fixed1979 said:
One question though, any idea how you're picking the track or when we'll actually know what the qualifying track will be?
I'm making an executive decision and having the qualifying session be at Melbourne. The first race the week after will be Melbourne too.

Why? Because Lucius and I love Melbourne and it's the only track to rightfully start it on!

Once we know who has qualified for the league I'll set up a poll somewhere where the 16 people (and maybe the reserves) can vote on where the next 8 races should be at. The top 8 tracks voted overall will be our season, and we'll determine their order by what came first in the 2011 season.

:)

I'd like to join the league this year. I lurked 2010's thread but was too tied up in iRacing to join. But my sub ended 2 weeks ago and I'm ready to start racing again :)

I race really clean and completely understand when to pass and be passed, and have a wheel and headset. Can't wait for '11. Looks much improved from last year...

GFWL: NoQuarter2587

Steam: NO_Quarter25

InertiaXr

Add me to the league list, same name here as Steam and GFWL. I do 2010 without assists just fine, getting use to manual gears with the small buttons on the back of my DFGT recently. But what about the racing line, at least in the corners? Is that counted as an assist or are you guys only talking about traction control, ABS, etc.

InertiaXr said:
Add me to the league list, same name here as Steam and GFWL. I do 2010 without assists just fine, getting use to manual gears with the small buttons on the back of my DFGT recently. But what about the racing line, at least in the corners? Is that counted as an assist or are you guys only talking about traction control, ABS, etc.
Racing line will be off, sorry.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
InertiaXr said:
Racing lines were disallowed in the league in F1 2010 and I expect they will be banned for F1 2011 too, sorry.

Edit, darn.

Omiee

Im really looking forward to racing every weekend, cant wait.
Will practice as soon as i get the game. Nice to know qualy will be at melbourne. Do we have a benchmark of what you guys did last year?

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
Racing line will be off, sorry.
But obviously you could use it offline to get a general feel for the track before jumping online, I might do that with india

Angst

Orgun said:
But obviously you could use it offline to get a general feel for the track before jumping online, I might do that with india
Sure, but IMO that tends to hurt more than it helps, at least for me. If I put the line on for a new track, I race the line and not the track, and when I turn it off I'm helpless again. For me it works better to leave it off and learn the track properly - makes for lots of mistakes in the beginning, but once it clicks it's so much better.

mxgt

Banned
With racing line on I found I never really learned the braking points of the track

Looks like I need to learn how to drive (with a pad) without the crutch!

Angst said:
Sure, but IMO that tends to hurt more than it helps, at least for me. If I put the line on for a new track, I race the line and not the track, and when I turn it off I'm helpless again. For me it works better to leave it off and learn the track properly - makes for lots of mistakes in the beginning, but once it clicks it's so much better.
This is exactly why we have all assists off.

Not only is it more about skill, it's also more fun. Hard at first? Sure, but it's worth playing that way because it will make you much better at the game!

Lucius86

Banned
Omiee said:
Will practice as soon as i get the game. Nice to know qualy will be at melbourne. Do we have a benchmark of what you guys did last year?

This was from season 2 in F1 2010 qualifying lap....have gone faster but when the pressure is on for that precious lap....

06phvh.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Omiee said:
Yes
019ijt.jpg

02niu4.jpg

03zebr.jpg

04rh9w.jpg

05pfva.jpg

Of course with KERS/DRS we should be a bit faster, but that should give you an idea.

Edit, also, Lucius exists :p

Angst

Foliorum Viridum said:
This is exactly why we have all assists off.

Not only is it more about skill, it's also more fun. Hard at first? Sure, but it's worth playing that way because it will make you much better at the game!
Exactly, and with other cars blocking your view of the racing line you are pretty much toast if you need it to know where to brake.

Lucius86 said:
This was from season 2 in F1 2010 qualifying lap....

06phvh.jpg
*Ahem* do we expect this to be the cut-off time or did you get the pole? :)

Lucius86

Banned
Angst said:
Exactly, and with other cars blocking your view of the racing line you are pretty much toast if you need it to know where to brake.

*Ahem* do we expect this to be the cut-off time or did you get the pole? :)

I got pole, but I also was caught speeding in the pit lane LIKE A BOSS. With so many people this year, we have no idea what will be a 'good enough' time.

Bungieware said:
Fantastic OT guys. Isn't DRS activation within one second of the driver in front?

Fix number 4.....

Angst

Watching some of the old replays on your Youtube channel I feel like I should have renamed my GFWL profile to "PERSONAL BEST".

Lucius86

Banned
dinosaur_hunter2 said:
I'd like to join the Console League.

Gamertag: IamTurok2
PSN: I_am_Turok2

This thread is amazing, lucius86! Great job.

And Foliorum Viridum - he did the community part :)

Fixed1979

It's going to be a disaster just trying to set up the button config on the wheel. So many new things to play with...

So is anyone going to bite on the TM F1 wheel?

f0rk

Going to try and be competitive in the midfield with a 360 controller. Has anything released regarding the default buttons?

Ark

DieH@rd said:
Hehehe thread name wins [it was mine suggestion, don't make me search to see who wrote it first] .

Weird...I remember writing that somewhere. Nevermind then.

Fixed1979 said:
It's going to be a disaster just trying to set up the button config on the wheel. So many new things to play with...

So is anyone going to bite on the TM F1 wheel?
You have to figure it out and get into the league after I cited you as a successful newcomer in the OP :p

Fixed1979

Foliorum Viridum said:
You have to figure it out and get into the league after I cited you as a successful newcomer in the OP :p

lol I saw that, nothing like putting some more pressure on a rookie! Now I have to set up a 16 race single player season and each track will be Melbourne.

f0rk said:
American's better shut up about the release date grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Just wait until next Tuesday when new videos start getting uploaded to YouTube!

Awesome OT, can't wait for the game to come out!

Put me down in the console league!

PS3 sleeplessnights | man_utd_10

Also, isn't F1 2011 codemaster's third F1 game? There was F1 2009 on the PSP!

Shaneus

Lucius86 said:
Mate.....MATE?!?
Damnit, okay. If Ricciardo is in, I might choose him (so long as performance of all cars are equal) instead. Then change the skin to something like Minardi on my local machine so there's at least *some* relation to the chinned one.

And if you were last year's winner, you should get him. He deserves to be #1.

Chris R

Hopping the game goes on sale on steam during the Winter sales! Looks like they addressed a bunch of issues that 2010 had.

jambo

Would love to be in the racing league this year, yay 3.30am races -__-

Games for Windows Live (GAF Username | Gamertag)
jambo | jambo1977

Steam (GAF Username | SteamID)
jambo | jambo

Shaneus

Warm Machine said:
Is there Microsoft SpeedWheel support for this?
That would actually be pretty cool. I already have a DFGT (that I bought for GT5... had maybe 30 mins use with that lulz) but I see no reason you couldn't use the new wheel if you have the dongle.

Manik

I'm a newcomer to the PC version, but had the 360 version last year. I'm around most weekends so hoping to have a shot at taking part in the league, but will also be around for casual races too :)

Steam and GFWL IDs are both CazzBside if anyone wants to add me.

Looking forward to racing you all soon!

Have the game paid off, pc version, but go on holiday for a week the day after it's out :( a shame but I will get over it somehow.

Will have to trade in a few games and buy the 360 version too just to take on holiday!

Shaneus

Update: I've actually read the guidelines for the league. I don't think I'd be disappointed in getting landed with any of the teams chosen, other than the fact I'm still in love with the green/yellow Lotus livery.

Really looking forward to giving it a fair crack this year. I think I've only put in a couple of hours (literally) into 2010, but I will rectify that with 2011.

Xun

Good work on the OT! Looks superb.

My XBL/PSN username is Volcanux.

I doubt I'll get the PS3 version of the game, but may as well put me there as well.

If no one steps up to organise a console league I may very well do so! But I am busy a lot however so hopefully it wont come to that.

jambo

Forgot to mention, got a G25 yesterday from a mate, he just bought some crazy Fanatec set and no longer needed his.

=D

TylerD

WOOHOO! Brilliant OP and League posts.

Almost ready for the madness to start up again. KERS and DRS are going to be interesting...

Steam ID: aussiefire nickname TylerD

GFWL ID: TylerD951

Ok, I'm going to have to do something other than drink my weekends away as I wait for certain things over the fall/winter, so I'll jump in on this. I don't think I'm in the first 16, so I'll have to lay the hammer down in qualifying.

Steam | FunkyFunction
GFWL | Funky Function

Easy enough. Can't wait.

Mush said:
I can run the damn thing!

Maybe I'll see what this whole league thing is about? ;)
My pc beats the minimum spec for 2010 by a long shot but the game still ran between 30 and 60fps with frame skips due to the older ego engine it was built on.

Hopefully 2011 is smoother like the dirt series which imo are some of the best performing good looking pc games this gen.

Top Bottom