• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

JAFAR

F12011.PNG

Can't wait. Ready for pre-loadz.

Games for Windows Live (GAF Username | Gamertag)
JAFAR | J4F4R

Steam (GAF Username | SteamID)
JAFAR | J4F4R

Can anyone tell me why Codemasters releases this game so late into the season? It seems like every other sports franchise releases their game before, or at the start of, the season.

Shaneus

Rules maybe? But you'd think most of those would be solidified before the first race... as would be the cars (roughly) and tracks. At least, that's probably why 2010 was so late. Releasing 2011 sooner would be considered suicide.

Maybe next year they can release 2012 as DLC early on with minor updates and reset the cycle?

Shaneus

Even the mid-season break would be better than so late in the year. It really is weird.

Oh shit, burning question: For ultra realism, will we be getting a different helmet design for Vettel each race?

AcridMeat

Banned
Can I flash my badge of creating our first league last year in making the executive decision we should have India on our calendar? A new track to everyone, and it looks fairly fun from the videos.

Excellent work guys, can't wait. :)

Shaneus

If I'm in the first league and I get him, I'll be pissed.

Actually, on second thought... I'd just stack him every race, just for spite. The new #2.

GuessWho

What assist you guys play with for Season Gaf?

guesswho | boodongkidonk

guesswho | boodongkidonk

AcridMeat

Banned
Shaneus said:
If I'm in the first league and I get him, I'll be pissed.

Actually, on second thought... I'd just stack him every race, just for spite. The new #2.

Online you're just racing in the car, you don't assume anyone's role. You'll have your profile helmet/etc you select online. At least if it's the same as last year. So you'll always be Webber to us.

Ya creepy mug.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I really loved the F1 game on Dreamcast. What is this like in comparison?

Shaneus

AcridMeat said:
Online you're just racing in the car, you don't assume anyone's role. You'll have your profile helmet/etc you select online. At least if it's the same as last year. So you'll always be Webber to us.
Ah, that's good to hear. And there's no difference between the cars other than cosmetic, yeah? Handling, damage etc. all the same?

PS. Dawww <3

AcridMeat

Banned
Shaneus said:
Ah, that's good to hear. And there's no difference between the cars other than cosmetic, yeah? Handling, damage etc. all the same?

PS. Dawww <3

All the same, equal performance. It's all just the team we're on that's the difference. I like how you neglected to quote the last part. :p

edit: Regarding the assists for our championship.

No assists apart from the option for automatic gears

Also, It should be noted. If you're new to racing with the core group, absolutely don't be afraid to race competitively. I know Fixed was a bit too careful sometimes when racing near us.

Shaneus

AcridMeat said:
All the same, equal performance. It's all just the team we're on that's the difference. I like how you neglected to quote the last part. :p
:D

Shame about not having HRT in it. Would love to be driving around in a car that says "This could be YOU" on it.
Edit:edit: Regarding the assists for our championship.

No assists apart from the option for automatic gears
[/QUOTE]
So is that ABS, traction control... even if there's one for automatic DRS?

Frawdder

Great OT! Well done.

As much as I'd like to participate I won't be able to make the league races at ungodly Australian times, but I'll be putting down some laps in time trial which every can go and beat. :D

GFWL: Frawdder
Steam: Frawdder

Shaneus

Foliorum Viridum said:
I didn't type up all of this info in the OP for nothing, guys!

:(
Sorry, I'm at work so I had to brush through a lot of it. I will give it the time it deserves when I get home. Promise!

Fixed1979

AcridMeat said:
Also, It should be noted. If you're new to racing with the core group, absolutely don't be afraid to race competitively. I know Fixed was a bit too careful sometimes when racing near us.

Part of me being so tentative was coming right from i-racing over to F1, if you mess up in i-racing you end up in a internet yelling match plus you get a driver point deduction. I know I spent the first few races last year just moving to the side of the track instead of risking contact. It's definitely much more relaxed racing with you guys, if I make it in I'll definitely try to be much more aggressive (until I'm a lap down). I'm somehow looking forward to getting my lazy ass out of bed at 6AM to get a cup of coffee and then plunk myself down in my racing seat for the morning.

AcridMeat said:
It amazes me how Vettel completely ignores it.

19Kilo

Great OP!

Ready for pre-load as well. Probably won't get a chance to race on Saturdays but maybe I'll get the opportunity at some point.

Lucius86

Banned
HenryHSH said:
US release date is actually September 19. Other than that, the OT looks good.

Going by wiki and loads of people saying it comes out Tuesday stateside...meh, cba to change it now.

HenryHSH

Steam has it listed as 19th... JAFAR posted a screenie:
F12011.PNG

Edit: Err, I totally forgot about consoles! Those come out on Tuesday, but Steam version is out on Monday.

Salacious Crumb

Fantastic OT. I've started conditioning myself for the 3-4am starts already, and my room is now sufficiently isolated so you'll be able to hear my sweet Neighbours accent every race.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Race Director hmmmm.
Guessing/hoping this enables you to save replays?
Can't fathom why it's not the norm for car games to offer a save replay feature.

Orgun

wiggleb0t said:
Race Director hmmmm.
Guessing/hoping this enables you to save replays?
Can't fathom why it's not the norm for car games to offer a save replay feature.
I don't think you can save the replays, there isn't even a YouTube feature like Dirtv3 :/ Totall baffles me when racing games are designed without replays in mind

Dilly

Banned
Dilly |Dillyracer

Dilly |Dillyracer

I have no idea that I'll have enough time to play in the league, switched from Engineering to Electronics-ICT in college and I have no idea how much time that will or won't free up.

Then again, I'd always like to participate in a non league race.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Orgun said:
My Granturgismo paddle shifters just turned up for my DFGT, just in time for F1 2011 :)

Wait, where the hell did you get them from? Do really want.

Edit: I'm actually nervous about getting into the championship now. if even half the number of people who say they're interested turn up, there's going to be one heck of a session on our hands.

Lucius86

Banned
DieH@rd said:
F1 2011 has been announced as the launch game for Playstation Vita [Dec 17].

Nice.

However, I know jack about the Vita version, so if anyone wants to write up about it, I will include it in the |OT|. Or someone can make a new |OT| dedicated to it.

Juicy Bob

Do we know about the DRS zones being used in the game? Are they going to be 100% true-to-life, as in a single zone on the S/F straight in Melbourne and 2 separate activation points in Valencia, or are they sticking to a single zone on each circuit?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Lucius86 said:
Going by wiki and loads of people saying it comes out Tuesday stateside...meh, cba to change it now.

what does cba mean?

Top Bottom