• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

mclaren777

Would you like to test one of these?

Link

fanatec2.gif

VAST highlights of Silverstone from tonight.

Shit track. Shit shit shit shit. Almost as shit as Mclaren's spam. Almost.

SHIT.

I stand no chance this weekend of being competitive because I can't bring myself to pump out the laps. Guess I'll be racing Orgun <3

Crumbs is on a crippled internet this week due to rampant piracy, so this is your chance to really bring the fight to him Phleg/Lucius. Do us proud.

I really hate this game with a controller. It's so freaking hard to have control of the rear. I burn through tires like crazy and lose so much time because it's impossible to tell when the back is kicking out until the revs are skyrocketing.

kharma45

I dunno how Phleg does it with the controller, I had the same experience before I moved to the wheel.

Tires were my biggest problem, and it's a bitch too when you lose it without knowing.

Lucius86

Banned
Silverstone isn't great, but I honestly don't think it's that bad a track at all. The new complex is what annoys me the most on the track, but the rest I think flows well.

kharma45

Won't be able to make it to the race tomorrow, been asked to work all day so if anyone is looking for a spot mine is open for the next two weeks.

I dunno how Phleg does it with the controller, I had the same experience before I moved to the wheel.

Tires were my biggest problem, and it's a bitch too when you lose it without knowing.

He must have the caress of an angel. I feel like a fat-fingered oaf and that's not the case at all. I can tie my shoes in one try every time.

Silverstone isn't great, but I honestly don't think it's that bad a track at all. The new complex is what annoys me the most on the track, but the rest I think flows well.

I think the fact that my video shows you trying to ram me off the road says it all mate. It couldn't hold your attention. SHIT TRACK.

Won't be able to make it to the race tomorrow, been asked to work all day so if anyone is looking for a spot mine is open for the next two weeks.

:( We get back Rambo but lose you?

... Maybe fair trade depending on how much Rambo crashes ...

kharma45

Yeah at least Rambo will bring the entertainment all being well :p

Bit annoyed to be missing Germany too especially when my first race back is fucking Singapore.

Mad_Ban

Anyone up for some practice tonight? I've been at my missus' and parents for the last week so I'm in dire need of practice. :(

Lucius86

Banned
Just practised with Phleg.

Distance between me and him in quali: 0.025 seconds
Distance between me and him for fastest lap in 20% race: 0.012 seconds

Oh boy....

race-bannercfkxv.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

The streets of Valencia were drenched last weekend as the NeoGAF F1 2011 league struggled to keep out of the Spanish walls. Our token Aussie went on to win after gaining a healthy lead from a pile-up on the first corner and managed to defend it after Staab ended up in a wall and brought out a safety car. Defending champ Foliorum was second for most of the race, however a poor tyre choice that forced an extra pit stop and ultimately drove the driver to push too hard and end up in the middle of the pack. When questioned after the race he called his race strategist a "mong" before realising he was talking about himself.

Former champ Lucius86 had similar bad luck with a bad tyre strategy, stupid mistakes and a mismanagement of fuel consumption crippling his attack for a second title. Pictures of fellow Force India driver Phleg apparently sucking fuel out of his engine prior to the race were published this week, but the potential champion insisted he was simply practicing his blowjob skills, not sabotaging his teammate's race.

Speech and Orgun were the big winners of the unpredictable weather and bad choices of the drivers ahead of them, finishing second and third respectively. Further down the field, Kharma failed to maintain the luck of the Irish and ended up in the wall on several occasions, throwing away his blistering pace in the first lap. Kyaw was a victim of the weather and some unfortunate clashes, as was Quiche who not only struggled to find pace but got berated by the defending champ for "blocking" him as he was being lapped.

This week, more rain is likely as we head to drizzly Britain for Silverstone, a track that is most definitely "shit" if you believe most of the paddock. Despite the grid consisting mostly of Brits, the real homecoming was for Crumbs, who visited the site of where his ancestors raped several children before they were shipped off to Australia. Crumbs commented to the media afterwards that it was a "very emotional moment ... and rather arousing".

Can the Aussie hold on to the lead or will misfortune bite him at last and give Phleg and Lucius a chance to eat in to his championship quest?

current-driver-standixpzxz.png

current-constructor-s58zkj.png

Mad_Ban

In the vain hope anyone reads this within the next ten minutes, since Steam is down we can't inform people that the league race is starting very soon. :p Just hop on GFWL if you're coming along

Kyaw

Great race. Stupid pits put me on primes at the first box-in when I wanted options...

Sorry for ramming into Phleg at Brooklands corner early in the race. :p

Salacious Crumb

That race was a bit of a blur to be honest, my head was still in a spin from visiting the actual site where my great grandmother was raped by her father/my great great grandfather. Can you believe that there was still traces of blood and seminal fluid at the site all these years later.

Great race. Stupid pits put me on primes at the first box-in when I wanted options...

Sorry for ramming into Phleg at Brooklands corner early in the race. :p

They put me on fucking full wets the useless twats.

GuessWho

good race, although for some reason i put on a setup for full wet when the race started dry. I was so sloooooow. ANyways my doorbell rang and I had to quit. Was dead last anyways. Hate it when that happens. Oh well hopefully next week.

Good vid, Lucius. We had a very similar race again!

Sorry about ramming you, Orgun. It looks terrible in Lucius' vid. If you look in my vid I look behind me and there's enough space, and when I move over the arrow keeps telling me you're behind me :S

My highlights.

First few corners were a bit mental. I had to fight Lucius for a bit until I made a stupid mistake. Then I was catching Speech until he pitted, and it was a matter of keeping my primes okay for 15 laps then. When I got out of the pits I was trying to keep Kyaw off and managing fuel. I left the last lap in to show you if Kyaw had 2/3 more corners he would have had me.

Very fun race. Maybe not the best video, but managing those tyres was hard as hell. I'm quite proud of myself for not spinning on the dead primes or the inters on the last few laps when the rain fell hard. Wish I did this last weekend!

Mad_Ban

Shoulda gone for primes I think, especially given the 7 extra seconds the Silverstone pit adds. Was a bit (read: very) optimistic hoping I could get back to where I was after going option, prime in the build up to the rain. Then again I was crap in the wet so it likely made no difference. :p

I'm looking forward to Germany. Put countless hours in on that track in PGR3 and 4 and hope it'll be a dry weekend. :p

EDIT: Had a look at the last league up to this point and the points situation is so similar! I'll get the table in a minute up to race 5.

Last year after race 5:
current-driver-standi07jvg.png

kharma45

Yeah Germany is a great, great track. Sad to be missing out on it and having to come back to fucking Singapore.
Sorry Lucius.

Lach

I'm back!! Guys!! Guys!! I'm back!!

And I'm pumped to reenter the league! Was able to watch some of the highlights videos. Great stuff.

Will reinstall the game today or tomorrow to finally get rid of that stupid bug where everything on the track is made of indestructable concrete for me.

Now I'm waiting for the inevitable crash I'm going to have soon. I've been awake for 40+ and need to go on till evening to prevent jetlag. Right now I'm wide awake but tiredness will probably set in soon!

Lucius86

Banned
I'm back!! Guys!! Guys!! I'm back!!

And I'm pumped to reenter the league! Was able to watch some of the highlights videos. Great stuff.

Will reinstall the game today or tomorrow to finally get rid of that stupid bug where everything on the track is made of indestructable concrete for me.

Mark%20Webber%20wins%20the%202010%20Hungarian%20GP.jpg

Top Bottom