• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Had some good moments last night.

Really enjoying the track. That cone on T1 is going to fuck so many people up, like it did Speech in that vid. The problem is every lap it respawns so someone (PHLEG I BET IT'S YOU) keeps hitting it and every time I've gone to take the corner it's in the middle of the road and I have to swerve around it, haha.

race-bannercfkxv.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

qualifying-results2sz5j.png

race-results5ibzv.png

current-driver-standisuycg.png

current-constructor-skqlzo.png

Thanks to Kyaw!

Looking interesting with 4 races left.

Mad_Ban

Anyone up for some more laps this evening? This'll be my last chance before saturday afternoon, and I think you'll want some laps in Lucius, before you can't remember a thing. :p

Orgun

I'm probably going to be on iRacing this evenin...or playing Diablo 3.

I'll be up for some practice on Sat morning, early afternoon.

race-bannerprkae.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

Silverstone shocked audiences and drivers alike last week as, despite the track being SHIT, the race was anything but. A wet qualifying session shook up the grid and unpredictable weather meant that strategies were everything. Despite starting in the middle of the pack, 2010 and 2011 GAF champions, Lucius and Foliorum, managed to make their Prime tyres last until the opportune time and snatched the first two places. Despite Lucius pulling out a huge lead, Foliorum was lucky to keep his second place as Kyaw was closing in on the final laps and would have had him if he had a few more corners.

Following his emotional trip last weekend, Crumbs turned up to the track drunk and claimed that his pit crew put on full wets when he requested inters. He screamed over team radio "I'LL DENT YOUR HEAD MATE" to his engineer, but the TV broadcast clearly heard the mentalist ask for wet tyres in a bid to "get those British cunts in this drizzle."

This tyre mishap meant that the Aussie, Phleg and Speech and were in a close battle throughout the race, with Quiche and Badabongkingpoobadong struggling in the difficult conditions. Orgun spent the entire race whistling "Singing in the Rain" on his team radio. Rumours suggest his spirit has finally been broken.

With the championship end getting closer, pressure is starting to pile on for the drivers near the top. The Nurburgring is a much more popular track this weekend, with the "ramp" feature providing many drivers with laughs as they ditch precious practice laps in the name of getting some sweet air. It's a good thing that F1 has been getting all of the media attention in Bahrain this week, however, as Lucius got too drunk last night and started looking for "Jews to put in an oven". Force India have apologised unreservedly for these "out of character" actions.

current-driver-standisuycg.png

current-constructor-skqlzo.png

Xun

I just started playing the game again the other day.

I'm certainly finding it a lot more fun now than I did before, and I'm also weirdly very used to driving with the nose cam now.

I've had a few penalties for stupid shit though, but aside from that it's a blast.

Lach

forgettable race for me....I'm rubbish in the rain and my engineers just kept putting the wrong tyres on.

Will practice a lot more for the next race in...oh god..singapore?!?!?

GuessWho

nice racing with you quiche, but man my first pit stop the crew put wrong tyres on, not sure couldn't of been my mistake. I wanted intermediates but got primes, had to re-pit immediately.

They fuck up tyres all the time. One of the worst bugs in the game. Glad you got to race someone today! You keep joining our wettest races!

My vid is uploading and should be done by the time I get back from Tesco.

Not sure what happened to me. I clicked ready and then got stuck in some pre-race screen and when it loaded you guys had started. Oh well.

Mad_Ban

I hope the 2 second difference that I had with the options and primes at Singapore just now is there in the race! Should make it really interesting. :)

I kinda love the track, but not the performance dips there...

Did you go straight into spectate mode as soon as you joined?

I hit "ready" and it went to this pre-race screen (not my garage) and said waiting for other drivers. Only option I had was "quit" so I waited. Then it went straight to the spectate or quit screen.

Jibbed

Finally picked the game up for a tenner off Amazon, room for one more at the next round? :)

How often do you guys race, by the way? I've watched a few of the highlights videos.. looks like a laugh.

Speech

No disrespect, but I underestimated you today - I was shocked you were a few tenths away on quali, and you had decent pace in the race. You are regularly up there, so I don't know why I was surprised at the time. Good work!

Well, I was runner-up last season! ;p

To be fair I have been pretty bad this season, I feel I am a bit slow on most of these tracks, and all the rain has just made things worse.

Mad_Ban

Thought this was interesting (I'm very bored :p)

Points up to race 6:

FV (last season): 1st, DNF, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st = 111 points

Me: 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 1st = 104 points

Crumbs: 1st, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 5th, 6th = 96 points

Lucius: 2nd, DNF, 1st, 6th, 1st, 2nd = 94 points.

FV you were a consistent sonova! :p

Lucius86

Banned
LOL - nice zoom in on my name Lucius. I knew that shit was coming. That turn caused me so much trouble through out the race. You got the eye of the tiger it seems.

I had my heart in my mouth when I saw you took the first part of the chicane wrong, and saw the rear coming round - I was v. lucky I didn't get caught up, I should have backed off a bit.

Also, quiche fair play to you at the end of lap 1 - you weren't letting me have your place that easily, really enjoyed that.

Points up to race 6:

I had 49 points at this stage last year!

Points up to race 6:

Yep, I'll never replicate that. I had so many brilliant races that came together because of obscene practice and luck. Those races were amazing for me, especially when you consider in our two leagues for 2010 I never once got on the podium!

What a boring nothing race.

Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr4X_rVSLJ4

I was pretty pleased coming out of the first corner, but then...
So weird how that differs to my perspective of your crash!

And here's my vid!

FV, you laughs are legendary.

Crumbs to Orgun: "what are you missing?"

We should have butted in there with some suggestions. And yes, my laugh induces orgasms.

Love this view of my crash!

As fun as having the banter on the videos is, you bastards make it so hard to edit videos :( I'm just going to mute them all to save myself the hassle for our recap video!

race-bannerprkae.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

race-resultsszl83.png

current-driver-standip1y26.png

current-constructor-sr5y6f.png

Singapore next! Depending on how well my practice goes, I may just smash into the pack at T1, retire, then record the chaos that follows as a TV director.

... I'm only half joking ... -_-

Silverstone was shit and brought a great race so who knows. Maybe it will be a good time.

Jibbed

Singapore next! Depending on how well my practice goes, I may just smash into the pack at T1, retire, then record the chaos that follows as a TV director.

... I'm only half joking ... -_-

Silverstone was shit and brought a great race so who knows. Maybe it will be a good time.

Oh god, trial by fire. My copy should be here tomorrow, I'll be game for any practice races going on.

Mad_Ban

Singapore is lovely once you get the hang of it :p

Game wants 4 stops for a 50% race, but I reckon you can get that down to 3, maybe 2 if you're ballsy.

Looking forward to practice because I honestly have no idea if I'm quick of slow here, especially given my street circuit hatred. :p

Jibbed

Singapore is lovely once you get the hang of it :p

Game wants 4 stops for a 50% race, but I reckon you can get that down to 3, maybe 2 if you're ballsy.

Looking forward to practice because I honestly have no idea if I'm quick of slow here, especially given my street circuit hatred. :p

I've driven it a few times before on F1 2010 (360), but that was back when I had a wheel for it.

Going in pretty much blind after a year with a controller is going to be fun!

Xun

I know it isn't realistic, but I somehow managed to get a 1:20:6 on Catalunya during a race.

The fastest lap recorded was by Kimi in 2008, and I beat it somehow.

Jibbed

Become addicted to pCARS. Got zero practice in this week :(

I only got F1 the other day, but I've found myself playing pCARS more too haha. Did a half an hour practise session before on Singapore, beginning to get used to my pad now. Sucks not having a wheel.

Also, I was just wondering.. what format do you guys usually run for each round? Quali/Race length etc

Mad_Ban

I only got F1 the other day, but I've found myself playing pCARS more too haha. Did a half an hour practise session before on Singapore, beginning to get used to my pad now. Sucks not having a wheel.

Also, I was just wondering.. what format do you guys usually run for each round? Quali/Race length etc

We have a 20 minute quali session with a 50% race on dynamic weather. All assists are banned apart from automatic gears.

Top Bottom