• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable has been in production for four years

cormack12

Gold Member
zPI581.jpg

GBeAcw.jpg

D3SCHA1N

Starfield 2022, Fable 2023, TESVI 2024
Optimistic on TESVI I'd say, when has bethesda softworks released 2 games within 2 years of each other? Both games are coming from the same studio right? Or is TESIV being developed in a new studio? And you gotta assume there'll be post launch support of Starfield as well. Maybe Perfect Dark in 2024 and TESVI in 25?

Last edited:

Shut0wen

This is also made by playgrounds 2nd team which opened up not that long ago, it takes awhile to create a new studio especially in this day in age i just hope the rumours of it being an mmo arnt true though

Hoping this game turns out really well and that they don’t cock it up with micro transactions and multiplayer. Fable is the only Microsoft or Bethesda IP I care about so I’d like it done right.

Flintty

I hope it’s worth the wait. I can’t wait to see even just a snippet of gameplay. Fable is right up there for me in favourite Xbox IP. We’re currently at 11 years since the last proper Halo game and that’s fucking absurd.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This is also made by playgrounds 2nd team which opened up not that long ago, it takes awhile to create a new studio especially in this day in age i just hope the rumours of it being an mmo arnt true though
Where did anyone say anything about Fable being a MMO. This is same as the "Halo Infinite costs 500 million dollar to make"(the former denied by multiple people including ZhugeX and Jez Corden and the latter denied by S Stinkles from 343i). Whenever I ask anyone to cite a single reliable source to prove these they will just say "Its not unnatural if you think about it"(I literally got this response from someone last year). Fable will have "online elements" like co-op just like Fable II/III.

Topher

Gold Member
Where did anyone say anything about Fable being a MMO. This is same as the "Halo Infinite costs 500 million dollar to make"(the former denied by multiple people including ZhugeX and Jez Corden and the latter denied by S Stinkles from 343i). Whenever I ask anyone to cite a single reliable source to prove these they will just say "Its not unnatural if you think about it"(I literally got this response from someone last year). Fable will have "online elements" like co-op just like Fable II/III.

I had read those rumors of the game being an MMO as well, but did not know they had been squashed. Thanks for that.

Shut0wen

Thanks for clearing this up, last runour i seen on here about fable was that it was going to be an mmo glad this has been cleared up

niilokin

I hope I can lure townsfolk and wives to be sacrificed for Skorm. The dark british humor is what made Fable for me, along the kickass customizations and good/evil system. also stuff like berserk->assassin Rush made the combat pure havoc.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I don’t care about Fable but after playing the latest Forza Horizon I’ll definitely follow this one. I’m interested in whatever game Playground releases next.

I can't lie to anyone, I really do wish all these Fable games were on every console and PC instead of just Xbox and PC. I used to have an Xbox and 360 and I loved all three games in the Fable series. I no longer do though for budgetary and space reasons and would love to play the Fable games on a system I do own.

At the very least, whenever this game does come out I will try to find a no commentary run of it on YouTube.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I can't lie to anyone, I really do wish all these Fable games were on every console and PC instead of just Xbox and PC. I used to have an Xbox and 360 and I loved all three games in the Fable series. I no longer do though for budgetary and space reasons and would love to play the Fable games on a system I do own.

At the very least, whenever this game does come out I will try to find a no commentary run of it on YouTube.
Id love in uncharted, or halo, or mario were on every platform. But thats not the world we live in. I guess just buy the consoles that have the games you want

Robb

Gold Member
That’s quite a while, hope we get to see some gameplay sooner rather than later.

Maybe look into xcloud? You can play Fable there, it’s not ideal but better than not playing at all :D

Top Bottom