• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Has Been Restarted Internally - Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Frustrated World Cup GIF

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah it’s sucks but they really need to get that one right. They do not have anything else like it to rest on. Like If FH5 was bad they still had forza 8.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah it’s sucks but they really need to get that one right. They do not have anything else like it to rest on. Like I’d FH5 was bad they still had forza 8.
I'm the biggest illiterate here dude, get in line.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yeah, for no issue with 4chan since they leaked Bloodborne, but I’ll wait for other reports to back this source up. If it’s true it would be hard to keep a lid on it.

Thabass

Not surprised. We haven't heard a lick of it since the official announcement. If they're switching engines, then Unreal Engine 5 will be fun to see how the game is realized.

Godot25

Banned
Yeah sure...
So they are switching engines...
...and targeting to release the game in less than 2 years time?

Sounds like a complete and utter bullshit.

Also. I find it hard to believe, that they have 15% of a game playable. They are working on this game since 2018. Sure they are game developers and not some retarded monkeys.

Last edited:

Akuza89

Wait so it's unplayable after 2 years, so they're starting over and it's only going to 2 years to make a whole new game from scratch?
yeah maybe drop it for now put it on the back burner..not a good look for microsoft

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
umm...how can the game be ready for 2024 if they were at 15% in august 22 and they have to restart?

Good luck, they are gonna need it.
Well, hopefully they are not rebuilding all the game assets and levels (maybe some work on tools to port them from one engine to the other, but I hope not much).

ungalo

Well if it's true it's another disaster but i don't believe this is a credible leak, doesn't sound right, rebooted for Q4 2024 ?

That's not impossible though.

Last edited:

Jennings

This is actually great news, it shows an erudite and ruthless production team willing to make the hard decisions in order to bring players the absolute best game without all the baggage that comes with trying to flesh out a world on top of rampant foundational faults and fractures. They've just made huge gains in the public eye by showing the entire world they're not stupid enough to go down the fallacious path of the sunk cost.

These special events are what come to pass when all the best minds have the opportunity to work together as a team.

Or the news could be the work of a compulsive Fable addict trying to manipulate Playground Games into going on the defensive and revealing something to prove everything is A-OK. Who's to say?

Last edited:
I call BS on this. If this game is being restarted from scratch, it isn't coming out in 2024 as indicated by the "leaker". AAA games take around 5 years to make.

Godot25

Banned
And you believe Phill Spencer?

Xbox's track record has been doing the talking for the last and current generation.

There is also the rumor of 343i changing Halo infinite's engine to Unreal 5.
Did Spencer said anything about Fable lately? Because I don't think so. So I don't know why did you brought him into conversation, but okay.
And that doesn't mean I will jump on every dumb random rumor from 4chan (4chan JESUS CHRIST).
Rumor that has more logical holes than cheese in my fridge.

Last edited:
Did Spencer said anything about Fable lately? Because I don't think so. So I don't know why did you brought him into conversation, but okay.
And that doesn't mean I will jump on every dumb random rumor from 4chan (4chan JESUS CHRIST).
Rumor that has more logical holes than cheese in my fridge.
Philly Spencer as in a Xbox executive and the head of gaming. (it could be another name).

Logical holes? There has been reports of Playground struggling with their engine while creating Fable.

sendit

This is actually great news, it shows an erudite and ruthless production team willing to make the hard decisions in order to bring players the absolute best game without all the baggage that comes with trying to flesh out a world on top of rampant foundational faults and fractures. They've just made huge gains in the public eye by showing the entire world they're not stupid enough to go down the fallacious path of the sunk cost.

These special events are what come to pass when all the best minds have the opportunity to work together as a team.

Fable 4 since Nov 2021 has been in development for ~4 years. It is now 2023. If these rumors are true, the decision to flip to Unreal happened in 2022. This is 5 years of attempting to prototype sell-able gameplay to management.

Reference

Last edited:
If this rumor comes out that it's true then Microsoft needs to have more control of the developers again. Give them too much. Freedom is just making them lazy. They need some form of vision to get shit done.

Godot25

Banned
Philly Spencer as in a Xbox executive and the head of gaming. (it could be another name).

Logical holes? There has been reports of Playground struggling with their engine while creating Fable.
Like think for a second. Game is in development from 2018. Expectations is that it will come out around 2024. And you want to tell me that PG is switching engines and will still manage to release a game in 2024? Doesn't it sound like bullshit to you? Also, do you really think that developers found out that engine is not suitable for their type of game after 4 years of development? While using ForzaTech since studio was founded? Please.

I mean. Outside of fact that even I can send a random stupid rumor about every videogame on 4chan. At least pick one that is more logical and more probable. Like every Destiny 2 4chan rumor in existence.

And if you are quoting that December thing from Jez Corden about supposed problems with Forza tech during Fable's development, you should also know that Jez extrapolated this "situation" as a classic roadblock during development and not something huge. But of course, triggerhappy people posted "Fable has problems with engine" without his full info. And seeing you, it's really effective.

And I should add that I don't know if they really switched the engines. But I'm sure as shit not believing random 4chan rumor. Because it's 4chan for god sake. How much true vs. bullshit rumors did you saw on 4chan? maybe 1 vs. 1000

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
2024 is too optimistic if this rumor is true. With it being an AAA RPG I'd say 2025 is just hopeful

Realistically I'd say 2026 seems more likely

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
umm...how can the game be ready for 2024 if they were at 15% in august 22 and they have to restart?
2 years cycle with extensive pre-production (which is what 'pre-reboot' work amounts to, essentially) isn't exactly unreasonable. Though admittedly that normally doesn't include rebooting your tech (if that's indeed what's happening).

That being said - when projects run this long (5+ years) you're never gonna get anyone greenlight a +4-5 years for a direction shift, you'll get increments from 6-18 months and try to either get to launch or get another extension at the end of it.

Like think for a second. Game is in development from 2018. Expectations is that it will come out around 2024. And you want to tell me that PG is switching engines and will still manage to release a game in 2024? Doesn't it sound like bullshit to you? Also, do you really think that developers found out that engine is not suitable for their type of game after 4 years of development? While using ForzaTech since studio was founded? Please.

I mean. Outside of fact that even I can send a random stupid rumor about every videogame on 4chan. At least pick one that is more logical and more probable. Like every Destiny 2 4chan rumor in existence.

And if you are quoting that December thing from Jez Corden about supposed problems with Forza tech during Fable's development, you should also know that Jez extrapolated this "situation" as a classic roadblock during development and not something huge. But of course, triggerhappy people posted "Fable has problems with engine" without his full info. And seeing you, it's really effective.
Again. Xbox's track record baby. As simple as that.

At this point, giving them the benefit of the doubt is not in the table.

Sowrry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom