• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered heading to Steam on January 29

I'm not an PC expert but these requirements are kind of high aren't they?

System Requirements:
Supported OS: [Windows 8, Windows 7]
Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 15 GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 4450 / Geforce 8800 / HD 4400

Not at all, my ancient PC that I bought in 2009, has a Radeon HD4670, which surpasses those cards. The CPU requirement is oddly high compared to the low end graphics requirements and 4GB of RAM is nothing too serious.

Basically this thing will run on a toaster, any semi decent PC/laptop made after 2010 should run this easily.

Haha, this is a quite random and out-of-nowhere release. If the later half of the game is still the story-wise mess as it was in the original, I don't get the re-release at all.

Ralemont

not me
It takes a certain kind of genius to have a story fly off the rails as crazily as it did. It's worth playing this game just to describe the plot twists to others afterwards.

I love Fahrenheit. Love it. I don't care that the third act is a crazy fever dream that spins wildly out of control, there are really no other games like it (barring Quantic Dreams other games.) Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit, Beyond: Two Souls - they all have their problems, but I'm damn glad that they exist. Plus David Cage is a really nice guy, I left a comment on their contact page once and he wrote me back a very long email answering some of my questions about how he designs his games and thanking me for being a fan.

GavinUK86

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg

What?

lol forget it then

Seems I was wrong, but I do hate that android versions of certain games are delayed weeks/months. Makes no damn sense.

They recently ported KOTOR to Android, so it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually hits Android.

Yeah, I bought it and thoroughly enjoy playing it when I get the chance. It's translated really well to mobile, but it's annoying we had to wait so long to get it on android.

Its planned according to their website. Just no ETA atm.

Ah cool. I really want to play this on mobile, it's literally perfect for touch controls.

M3d10n

Seems I was wrong, but I do hate that android versions of certain games are delayed weeks/months. Makes no damn sense.

Actually, yes, it does. With iOS you can test your game in half a dozen different devices and you're good to go. With Android you need to test with a lot more devices unless you want a wave of furious users wanting refunds because the game doesn't work on their device, sinking your launch with poor reviews.

Also, this is a premium game, which are known to sell a *lot* less on Android.

Boy. I've read some David Cage hate on the internet in the past, but nothing comes close to some of the posts in this thread.

Also I'm surprised there's no console release for this.

Sendero

It was a very unique game when it came. The very beginning hinted to an experience that even today, it's not something you normaly get from other titles.

It's a sight to see how the story starts to go into ridiculous mode, but still trying to keep a straight face. I mean, if you read What went wrong in David Cage's postmortem, he basically says that the main problem (story wise) was that there was more than 1 enemy. And that he did not devoted enough time to "that one last hour" of the game.

The danger with archetypes is that you have to avoid caricature (I hope I succeeded)...
Thanks David.

Reedirect

This is one of those games that could actually be better with touch controls. I still love this game almost a decade after its release, replayed it around two years ago and the action scenes have aged terribly. Hopefully Aspyr has done some actual work on it.

Lagamorph

Bought.
Now a whole new generation can experience what happens when a murder mystery thriller gets crossed over with Dragonball Z.

GavinUK86

no steam achievments, no trading cards, barely looks better than the original.

great "remaster"

No, it's not a great "remaster" if you can even call it that but I'm just happy it runs widescreen and supports my 360 pad. That's worth the £6.99 alone to me.

edit: streaming here if anyone wants to check it out.

mtodavk

Bought.
Now a whole new generation can experience what happens when a murder mystery thriller gets crossed over with Dragonball Z.

HA. Not gonna lie, that got me pretty good.

Seriously though, I have no idea what happened after the construction yard scene.

You couldn't pay me to play this shit again.

Just play the demo and dream of what could have been.

I remember when the game was first released, I played the demo and was so impressed I went to my local shop and bought the full game that same day.

After finishing the game I distinctly remember the demo being the best part of the game...

johntown

Banned
Finally! I have been waiting for a modded to finish his mod pack for years. Now I don't have to wait any longer.

GavinUK86

it's actually a pretty good port. textures aren't great but they're good enough. the game still can't use the controllers triggers though which is weird.

Top Bottom