• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered heading to Steam on January 29

Eusis

Didn't they cut the sex minigame in the original US release? I can't imagine that causes enough of a stir these days to get an AO again, so that wouldn't be hard to reintroduce.
It only even happened due to San Andreas's Hot Coffee fiasco. Granted, I can imagine the ESRB would still want to go AO just because they went AO originally even if another game with the same exact content showed up and got an M, but the fact it's PC/mobile only likely introduces a simpler solution: don't get it rated again. Then it can be uncensored, and Steam doesn't have to have an "AO" game.

This game has one of those stories where if you tried to explain what happened to someone who never played it they were think you are bullshitting them.

Eidan

This game has one of the dumbest plots I've ever had the misfortune of running across, in any medium. It just starts off so promising and interesting, and just dissolves into complete bullshit at a rate that is honestly mind blowing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've been waiting for a Simon game to come to Steam. Guess I don't have to wait for Hasbro to digitize that.

Nyoro SF

It's too bad that me and a friend already played through this game a few years ago, otherwise I would have been interested. :(

Ridley327

It only even happened due to San Andreas's Hot Coffee fiasco. Granted, I can imagine the ESRB would still want to go AO just because they went AO originally even if another game with the same exact content showed up and got an M, but the fact it's PC/mobile only likely introduces a simpler solution: don't get it rated again. Then it can be uncensored, and Steam doesn't have to have an "AO" game.

Oh, I know it was because of Hot Coffee.

Going by the box art on Amazon, though, it seems to be rated M this time around.

KiDdYoNe

Fuck yes.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Damn, i buy 3-4 games day 1 a year and this will be the first one for 2015.

Love to know i will finally have it on Steam. Just loving it.

Afrocious

Seriously? I understand not liking a game, but attacking people personally for making something you don't like?

If Indigo Prophecy is a good representation of the games he has a hand in, I think he's a hack of a writer.

Holy shit do I think he's a hack of a writer if that's the case.

It's hilarious how bad that game turned.

Peff

Seriously? I understand not liking a game, but attacking people personally for making something you don't like?

SUPERZOMBIE
Oh my god, I've just killed a man! Why did I do it?
Why can't I remember? What's going on?

DAVID CAGE
It was a Mayan Priest. He needs to collect sacrifices to
please his snake-god, so he kills people by taking over
the minds of strangers and having them do the deed
– but you're able to resist his power!

SUPERZOMBIE
Why is that?

DAVID CAGE
Because you grew up in Area 51, where you were
irradiated by an alien metal that made you psychic.

SUPERZOMBIE
Ah, so that's why he picked me to do his murders—he
needed a psychic sensitive for his powers to work on.

DAVID CAGE
Actually, no. He just picked you at random. In fact, it's
your psychic abilities that will allow you to foil him.

SUPERZOMBIE
So, out of all the people in New York he could have
picked to murder a stranger, he picked the one person
with the preposterous psychic ability needed to stop
him? Isn't that extremely contrived?

DAVID CAGE
I'm not familiar with that word, contrived. I think you
meant to say "extremely good writing".

SUPERZOMBIE
Sure, whatever. So I just find and kill the Mayan
Sorcerer. That doesn't sound like too much of a chore.

DAVID CAGE
Ah, but first you're going to have to find out the details
of his plan from the blind lady who teaches you how to
use your powers.

SUPERZOMBIE
Why a blind lady?

DAVID CAGE
It's a well-known fact that blind people know a lot about
Mayans. Look it up.

SUPERZOMBIE
Then I can kill the Mayan Witch Doctor and save the day?

DAVID CAGE
Not if the Internet has anything to say about it!

SUPERZOMBIE
Excuse me?

DAVID CAGE
Haven't you heard? The internet is alive now. It
looks like a character from ReBoot and wants to start
a new ice age. Hence the title.

SUPERZOMBIE
Indigo Prophecy?

DAVID CAGE
The original title, dumbass.

SUPERZOMBIE
Okay, so just to be clear, I have to learn how to
be psychic, kill a Mayan Shaman, defeat the internet—

DAVID CAGE
Rescue the autistic Messiah.

SUPERZOMBIE
—gonna pretend I didn't hear that—and then stop
a new ice age? That about it?

DAVID CAGE
Basically, yes. Also convince your ex-girlfriend to
have sex with you.

SUPERZOMBIE
Well, at least there's that. Hey, can I ask you
something?

DAVID CAGE
Sure.

SUPERZOMBIE
Why does the script refer to me as "SuperZombie"?

DAVID CAGE
You'll find out in about four hours.

Cage fits the bill though...
He has stories that start off interesting with a solid premise but descend into pure lunacy. He needs an editor (multiple) desperately.

Eusis

Oh, I know it was because of Hot Coffee.

Going by the box art on Amazon, though, it seems to be rated M this time around.
Whoops, should've looked at the link... especially as it ALSO says that it's entirely uncut this time. I guess it really is "ESRB cooled down, WON'T arbitrarily treat this game differently."

Afrocious

But yeah, like someone else said earlier in this thread, the game begins its fall after the roller coaster scene. Precisely at that point.

I'm shaking my head right now.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
And it completely omits the two cops and their hilariously unnecessary storylines.

Oh yeah, those guys.
I guess lady cop was at least somewhat connected to the plot but I don't remember what happened to dude cop.
But man, the scene were the "true villain" of the game is revealed. Ho-ly sh-it. That was something else. I doubt Cage will ever be able to top that.

Afrocious

Oh yeah, those guys.
I guess lady cop was at least somewhat connected to the plot but I don't remember what happened to dude cop.
But man, the scene were the "true villain" of the game is revealed. Ho-ly sh-it. That was something else. I doubt Cage will ever be able to top that.

The dude cop had the best storyline in the game since it wasn't filled with stupid like everyone else's. It's just him investigating and then risking his relationship with his girlfriend.

The female cop had necrophilia shit going on.

Siegcram

Oh yeah, those guys.
Her only relevance was her sudden craving for popsicle dick out of nowhere.

The guy was just there to be black, play basketball, be a shit to his gf and then piss off to Florida.

Ridley327

Her only relevance was her sudden craving for popsicle dick out of nowhere.

The guy was just there to be black, play basketball, be a shit to his gf and then piss off to Florida.

I always looked at it as a very convoluted reason to justify putting a Teddy Pendergrass song in the game.

Also, you deserve a medal for coining the term "popsicle dick".

UrbanRats

Those who thought Heavy Rain was bad... Fahrenheit was much, much worse even.
The story is just clichès next to absolute nonsense, and the gameplay is even less interesting than Heavy Rain.
it also looks pretty fucking bad, to boot.

soultron

Banned
Those who thought Heavy Rain was bad... Fahrenheit was much, much worse even.
The story is just clichès next to absolute nonsense, and the gameplay is even less interesting than Heavy Rain.
it also looks pretty fucking bad, to boot.

Still sticking to my guns that the opening third of the game was incredibly strong. It makes the latter parts of the game even more disappointing.

Everyone criticizes the plot, but you forget how actually fucking terrible the game part is.

Remember the book store or library or whatever that was? REMEMBER?!

UrbanRats

Still sticking to my guns that the opening third of the game was incredibly strong. It makes the latter parts of the game even more disappointing.
But even then, the gameplay isn't that good.
Hate Heavy Rain's QTEs all you want, but at least they are contextual, compared to the arbitrary shit Fahrenheit used (Simon Says thing).
And the branching aspect wasn't as strong, since you had one character who couldn't permanently die.

Personally, i think gameplay wise, Until Dawn will probably nail the conept David Cage ran after all these years.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Everyone criticizes the plot, but you forget how actually fucking terrible the game part is.

Well, that's cause people who like the game like it for the story. I think everybody agrees that the gameplay is horrible.
Horrible gameplay + horrible story. Truly a classic.

Can't wait to relive this clusterfuck in HD:

4CP4enU.gif

HVYgYP0.gif

100 percent completely sold on this game now.

How can a game that looks this wacky upset people so much? Enjoy life and laugh. I know I will when I get to this part.

UrbanRats

Remember the book store or library or whatever that was? REMEMBER?!

Don't forget that amazing stealth flashback part.

What, you don't enjoy nonsensical fetch quests by racist chinese men?

REMEMBER THE APARTMENT TRYING TO KILL YOU FOR LIKE SIX MINUTES

Edit: I am apparently a few seconds late on that one.

I can change it to, say, the first person sequence in the Asylum. It's not like we lack terrible scenes to mock!

Nothing surpasses the bugs though. NOTHING.

Not even fighting the internet?

Oh GOD! it's all coming back now!
'namPTSDflashbacks.gif

I don't know that I would say the first third is strong. The opening scene, yes, absolutely. Murdering that guy and then switching to the investigation of that murder was intriguing and cool.

But when you say "the first third" of Fahrenheit, I think of things like rescuing the kid in the frozen lake and the business bugs in the office.

Top Bottom