• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Need to go to work earlier, because muppets on the other shift can't do shit.

Seriously, I have enough of this

Right. I don't much like reviewers to begin with considering they don't add any value to the world. I have never found a reviewer whose tastes could be generally said to align with my own. They always differ some significant portion of the time. So when they act smug like "how dare Ready At Dawn serve us this mediocre game instead of a 10/10 experience" it's like go do something that actually helps people. Thanks.

I guess I shouldn't downplay the catharsis these overly analytic reviewers bring but I consider that of much lesser value to actual media.

One of my favourite things about Shut Up & Sit Down (board games but the point stands) is that they only tend to review stuff that they enjoy playing, and if they don't like a game then at least there's something interesting about it that they want to talk about (see the recent review of 504, interesting mechanics (there are a load of different rulesets that you can mix together in 504 combinations) with not so good execution), but they never insult the game, just say that they didn't enjoy it. They're still funny, but not by being mocking.

Did your fave make it?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How the FUCK is Yue on the list but not Azula?

YOU KNOW NOTHING, WATCHMOJO

aTPg8Lm.gif

I really only like her in season 1.

That scene's still superior in book form. (makeup)

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," she said sadly. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When my womb quickens again, and I bear a living child. Then you will return, my sun-and-stars, and not before."

i cry everytim

FUME5

Beach girl just messaged me, three close friends are leaving to live elsewhere so that's where all her time has gone, been thinking about if we are compatible and apologises for leaving me hanging, really sorry because I am a super nice guy, she hasn't been making romance a priority for way too long, do I think we are compatible or did she just not give it enough time.

Just kill me now.

ssssh

But having Drogo forcing himself into you as your first sexual experience has to leave some mental scars.

Drogo was trash and deserved what he got.

I find the romanticization of Dany and Drogo that the fandom does pretty fucking repugnant. No matter how you slice it she fell in love with her rapist.

Jobbs

Banned
Jrr Martin is a guy sitting in a room with a computer writing stuff from his brain, and it repeatedly involves the rape assault injury etc of underage girls

I don't understand why so few people seem to recognize the ickiness of this guys works

Jrr Martin is a guy sitting in a room with a computer writing stuff from his brain, and it repeatedly involves the rape assault injury etc of underage girls

I don't understand why so few people seem to recognize the ickiness of this guys works

It's gross but it's not as if he's writing it to titillate the audience.

Is confusing John Ronald Reuel and George Raymond Richard an intentional thing? Is it more weird that Tolkien's middle name is Reuel or that I know what his middle name is?

I don't disagree. Some of the stuff that he's written is truly abhorrent and uncomfortable to read. But the nature of the books themselves is that they are unpleasant; the reality that girls were, and are, married off purely to secure power and wealth for their families is all too real in Westeros, and throughout our own history. It is borderline unbearable for a reason, and that reason is because this shit doesn't just happen in books. It happens in the real world, every day, and yet, people refuse to acknowledge the all too realistic parallels.

Jobbs

Banned
It's gross but it's not as if he's writing it to titillate the audience.

At a certain point you have to wonder what kind of sick fuck he is though. And who knows why he writes about young girls being raped and assaulted again and again,, as a writer I can't relate to why one would be compelled to keep going there if not for him just being a sick fuck

If it's so great then why did they change dany from 13 to 20 something for the show

Sansa I'd also even younger in the books and is raped by everyone

At a certain point you have to wonder what kind of sick fuck he is though. And who knows why he writes about young girls being raped and assaulted again and again,, as a writer I can't relate to why one would be compelled to keep going there if not for him just being a sick fuck

If it's so great then why did they change dany from 13 to 20 something for the show

Sansa hasn't been raped in the books tho.
You can thank the show for needlessly adding that in.
Arya hasn't been raped in the books.

Dany is the only underage POV character that has been raped.

Read my post.

It's actually very common to age up characters when transitioning from page to screen. It's not just Dany; literally all of the characters were aged up for the show. Arya is only 8 in the first book, 10 by the time her ADWD arc starts.

That was a change made from book to television; she is never raped in the books. In the show they do it for pure shock factor. The entire arc that she is subjected to in season five does exist in the books, but to a character that's not even in the show, and they could have written it out completely. I will never justify the changes the show made and I will never forgive D&D for it.

Symphonia

Banned
Isn't she like 13 in the book and getting raped by that guy then later calls in love with her rapist

So romantic
Correct.

Also, I remember reading the first book, and there was a scene with Ayra being held captive. Her captor is aware of her age, and talks of fucking her ass or her 'cunny' - some dark material in the books, for sure.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

As a writer, the man is just creating a dense history set in a brutal setting, rife with brutal acts that have brutal consequences in terms of plot and character development. Rape, tragically, is something that happens and that would be all too common in that fictional era. Going by your reasoning, nobody should ever write about anything previous to the XX century.

Anyway...

rKTglXm.jpg

Book Sansa = Bad ass bitch who's going through some feelings but that's ok because she's still bad

Show Sansa = Repeatedly abused and subjected to torture, can't ever catch a break, definitely doesn't deserve all this shit, D&D's plaything

Jobbs

Banned
I pretty much became done with Game of Thrones as a show when they decided to rape Sansa for some reason. That was the breaking point. The scene just felt pointless and cruel.

I was teetering for the longest time, because the show is so consistently bad, but I kept getting drawn in to see whatever the next spectacle was.

It's just a shitty, sensational, and often just disgusting show

As a writer, the man is just creating a dense history set in a brutal setting, rife with brutal acts that have brutal consequences in terms of plot and character development. Rape, tragically, is something that happens and that would be all too common in that fictional era. Going by your reasoning, nobody should ever write about anything previous to the XX century.

Rape happens in real life in any time period, doesn't mean I'm not going to make a lot of assumptions about an author who repeatedly makes underage girls, 13, younger, the subjects of sexual exploitation whether it happens or as symph just pointed out is only discussed

he's a demented goblin with a hat

Show Sans still has her moments, though.

She does, but I can't help but feel a little bitter that there was so much potential for character development but instead they brought her straight back to square one.

Fortunately, George has not made that mistake.

The only character that is currently still consistent with their book counterpart is Arya.

I pretty much became done with Game of Thrones as a show when they decided to rape Sansa for some reason. That was the breaking point. The scene just felt pointless and cruel.

I was teetering for the longest time, because the show is so consistently bad, but I kept getting drawn in to see whatever the next spectacle was.

It's just a shitty, sensational, and often just disgusting show

Yes, drag D&D.

Also,
Shireen burning at the stake was trash and another example of them putting shock value above competent storytelling.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I love how no-one gives a shit that Jeyne Poole was actually brutally and repeatedly raped in the books. Your problem isn't that it's exploitative or "for shock value", it's that it happened to your "omg favourite character evar."

Jobbs

Banned
Jobbs stop admitting you like shit

don't make me get out of bed to toss your ass

I love how no-one gives a shit that Jeyne Poole was actually brutally and repeatedly raped in the books. Your problem isn't that it's exploitative or "for shock value", it's that it happened to your "omg favourite character evar."

I don't like dany or sansa as characters

shireen was pretty much the only good and likable person on the show and look what they did

...I give a shit? No matter how you slice it, and no matter who it was done to, it's awful. I didn't like it when I read it and I don't like it now.

And Sansa's not even my favorite character, so honestly I have no idea what you're trying to get at.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
That BAD PUSSY line still reigns supreme.

And that episode won for BEST WRITING at the Emmys.

Meanwhile, The Americans can't even get nominated for anything when it shits all over Game of Thrones in every aspect but budget. TRASH.

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series "Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep?"

The best episode of season three lost best writing to the masterful and trenchant BAD PUSSY.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Meanwhile, The Americans can't even get nominated for anything when it shits all over Game of Thrones in every aspect but budget. TRASH.

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series "Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep?"

The best episode of season three lost best writing to the masterful and trenchant BAD PUSSY.
BPtA5Ao.gif

Jobbs

Banned

The Americans is awesome.

The Americans, The Expanse, The Fall, anything starting with "The" I'll watch at this point

SystemBug

The Americans is awesome.

The Americans, The Expanse, The Fall, anything starting with "The" I'll watch at this point

THE FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still need the see THE Wire and THE Sopranos

any of you peoples watch Nathan For You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom