• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I wonder when you guys are going to get tired of whining about SAO. For your sake I hope the whole series gets turned into anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So that "quitting" thing? Let's just say that I wasn't exactly what you'd call, uhh, stable when that was going on. When I'm in an especially dark place, my insecurities magnify a thousand percent and I am wont to all manner of erratic behavior including perceiving imaginary offense. I regret that I sometimes act in ways that are beneath me and hope that all can just be forgotten.

back on topic, I seriously cannot believe that KILL LA KILL is going to be BEAMED INTO MY EYES in LESS THAN A WEEK.

Articalys

Initial Hype List

1) Kyoukai no Kanata -- KyoAni finds a way.
2) KILL la KILL -- Based Trigger.

Those two are the clear front-runners and I can't really sort the rest individually, so I'll just throw them out in catgories.

Quite Interested
Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco -- for the first time since the C/Anohana block, noitaminA brings two original shows.
Kyousougiga TV -- enjoyed the previous iterations as web anime.
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta -- looks neat, and as a reboot it seems a good starting point for the series.
Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova- -- I actually like the look of the CG animation.

Interested
Log Horizon -- a more lighthearted take on the "trapped in a game" concept
Non Non Biyori -- this season's four schoolgirl slice-of-life comedy
Golden Time -- an LN adaptation about college students instead of high schoolers
Phi Brain S3 -- watched/suffered through the first two seasons, like I'm going to stop now
BlazBlue: Alter Memory -- the anime people were waiting for since the first game's animated console OP
Unbreakable Machine-Doll -- PV looks fun enough
Coppelion -- maybe if the filters don't drive me blind
Yu-Sibu -- Hey, if one LN adaptation about a working devil was good, maybe another one could be...

All the above values subject to change later.

Narag

So that "quitting" thing? Let's just say that I wasn't exactly what you'd call, uhh, stable when that was going on. When I'm in an especially dark place, my insecurities magnify a thousand percent and I am wont to all manner of erratic behavior including perceiving imaginary offense. I regret that I sometimes act in ways that are beneath me and hope that all can just be forgotten.

back on topic, I seriously cannot believe that KILL LA KILL is going to be BEAMED INTO MY EYES in LESS THAN A WEEK.

Nothing is forgotten until you get an avatar.

What's with the no avatar look?

We'll call it an extended vacation, alright? Glad you're here for Fall season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Allow me to use my Precure iPad to heal your heart. Welcome back.

Articalys

So that "quitting" thing? Let's just say that I wasn't exactly what you'd call, uhh, stable when that was going on. When I'm in an especially dark place, my insecurities magnify a thousand percent and I am wont to all manner of erratic behavior including perceiving imaginary offense.
Hey, don't worry about it; that's me, like, about 80% of the time.

CorvoSol

Majestic Prince 24

So this show is DEFINITELY getting a second season 'cuz of dat cliff hanger. Teoria really was useless the entire time, and her mech and Daneel's were dumb, but then, MJP is not a show for good mechanical designs. That said, that final fight was pretty well done, and this was a good episode to end the series on. I feel the show really has come a long way since its beginning, and am willing to say I'm glad I stuck with it. Thank you, one last time, Attack on Titan, for being such an incredibly shitty show that you made me realize how much I was taking MJP for granted.

Dresden

space battleship yamato 2199 - 1~6

Watching while I craft in Tactics Ogre, which is like the second worst thing ever made.

Over time I've grown pretty fond of all its retrotech quirks - they talk over handsets, hand-calibrate planet-busting hyperspace weaponry, have firing pins for laser guns, and most importantly, they fly a fucking WWII battleship into space - and I'm totally on-board with the journey they're on, which, by the way, for all its attempts at pretending to be representative of the human race is still undermined by how uniquely Japanese it all is. There's these uncomfortable moments of bombast where the Fuck Yeah Japan stuff gets a bit too out of control, and it doesn't help that the villains are not only evil earth-destroying space white people, they're racist space white people. I'm sure they'll get their development, but for now they're nothing but targets to be shot down. And for whatever reason only the women have skintight uniforms.

But for all that, it's a rousing space adventure and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It hits most of its beats in a totally confident manner and the writing and direction has kept things moving admirably from episode to episode, moving past character deaths and scuttled ships with considerable ease. These aren't deep characters, but they fill their niche well, from the rugged skipper to the young, idealistic hero.

Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco
Valv
Yozakura Quartet
Kyoukai no Kanata
Pupa
KLK
Coppelion
Log Horizon
Magi
That show duckroll is associating with me
Infinite Kratos
Phi Bran
Multiple Choice
Tokyo Ravens
Machine Doll Man
Freezing Dildo
Blood Strikers
Outbreak Syndrome

Probably going to drop a good chunk of these, but I'll at least check out the first episode of those unless impressions are REALLY bad.

Interestingly enough, this actually feels light for fall in terms of quantity, but KLK alone will elevate it to the best fall ever.

Glad to have you back, and congrats on getting a job!

wonzo

Banned

welcome back my fellow brother of el cantare

rpmurphy

I wonder when you guys are going to get tired of whining about SAO. For your sake I hope the whole series gets turned into anime.
Although I haven't yet entered into SAO hatedom yet, I'm going to whine about too much SAO cosplay. Too much. I mean, seriously, the same two characters.

Welcome back, pierrotm.

Playing on the Vita. :(

In attempt to rationalize that Vita has games, dresden has sadly subjected himself into the pits of hell that is known grinding. Such is a day in the life.

I own a Vita.
Anyway don't you have a PSP to make use of those? Pretty sure you can do that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
space battleship yamato 2199 - 1~6

Watching while I craft in Tactics Ogre, which is like the second worst thing ever made.

Over time I've grown pretty fond of all its retrotech quirks - they talk over handsets, hand-calibrate planet-busting hyperspace weaponry, have firing pins for laser guns, and most importantly, they fly a fucking WWII battleship into space - and I'm totally on-board with the journey they're on, which, by the way, for all its attempts at pretending to be representative of the human race is still undermined by how uniquely Japanese it all is. There's these uncomfortable moments of bombast where the Fuck Yeah Japan stuff gets a bit too out of control, and it doesn't help that the villains are not only evil earth-destroying space white people, they're racist space white people. I'm sure they'll get their development, but for now they're nothing but targets to be shot down. And for whatever reason only the women have skintight uniforms.

But for all that, it's a rousing space adventure and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It hits most of its beats in a totally confident manner and the writing and direction has kept things moving admirably from episode to episode, moving past character deaths and scuttled ships with considerable ease. These aren't deep characters, but they fill their niche well, from the rugged skipper to the young, idealistic hero.

Number a) the aliens are like, grey/green/whatever!
Letter 2) just keep watching, because the show understands that criticism. Shocking!

cajunator

Banned

When the show focuses more on Lisbeth then Ill give it another shot.

OMGOMGOMG YOU ARE BACKKKKKKK

*picks up MADP and hugsqueezes the hell out of him

I missed you goddammit

Noirulus

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures - 18

RV62rYS.png
v7IDuId.png

The look of defeat on Lisa's face.
Suzie Q is probably a better waifu anyway.

OMG STROHEIM IS ALIVE WTFYESSSS

Gazoinks

I just got blindsided by Panty & Stocking suddenly turning touching. I don't know what to think anymore. Up is down! Black is white! Gainax aren't completely insane!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures - 18
OMG STROHEIM IS ALIVE WTFYES
The wonderfulness of explaining Jojo to people who don't watch/read it is that describing it will make it sound like the stupidest thing ever: (spoilers for Part 2)
And then the friendly Nazi came back and he was a robot and then the villain had a squirrel hand and also piranhas and they fought on a volcano!

Maybe I'll just go back to an old one until something new and worthwhile (read: Ryuko) comes along.

Anything works. My new name is like a tramp stamp that will forever serve as an embarrassing reminder of one drunken night.

Did you... give someone a shower?

Dresden

Is the worst thing fiend hunting in SMT4 or fame hunting in SMT4? :)

Twinkling titanite grinding in OG Dark Souls. It's like a thousand times worse than bladestone farming.

I own a Vita.
Anyway don't you have a PSP to make use of those? Pretty sure you can do that.

no mo psp in my life.

Letter 2) just keep watching, because the show understands that criticism. Shocking!

Oh, the men start wearing tights as well?

Beats

Shame Patema Inverted and Madoka 3 are movies though, would have been nice to see them before what will probably be sometime in the Summer.

Yeah, I do want to see Patema as well. It would be cool if there was a pay per view stream for anime films that won't get released in theaters overseas just so we don't have to wait so long. But I'm not sure how well that would work out or if whoever is 'in charge' would be willing to do such a thing.

You have a fantastic avy. Just wanted to tell you.

thanks. : ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom