• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Rellik

I knew Sony would dig their heels into the ground over something.

Imagine if Skyrim gets released without mods.

gossi

So Mod D would be at the "top" of the load order, whereas Mod A would be at the "bottom"? Or do I have this whole thing backwards?

You have it backwards. Put Unofficial Patch at top of the list.

Re Skyrim - the store description, box art and trailer all list mods - so I think they would rather delay than ship without mods on PS4.

Venom Fox

Banned
I knew Sony would dig their heels into the ground over something.

Imagine if Skyrim gets released without mods.
Any word on what's happening on PS4? Don't know why Sony can't get their act together and help Bethesda get this sorted. We've waited a long time for this ffs.

sensui-tomo

Any word on what's happening on PS4? Don't know why Sony can't get their act together and help Bethesda get this sorted. We've waited a long time for this ffs.

its not just on sony, its also on bethesda for announcing shit they had no idea how it worked on this architecture. I'm still betting that bethesda will announce that mods wont be on fallout 4 and ditto for skyrim.

gossi

Sony and Bethesda are working together on it, as per Bethesda.

To clear up some confusion, Bethesda DID have a patch for PS4 months ago which added mod support with some limits on PS4 (e.g 0.8gb mod limit, no sound mod support)... however it never got certified by Sony.

My speculation: both platform holders enforce parity of game features for updates, so maybe Sony blocked 'em.

Venom Fox

Banned
its not just on sony, its also on bethesda for announcing shit they had no idea how it worked on this architecture. I'm still betting that bethesda will announce that mods wont be on fallout 4 and ditto for skyrim.
I know but it's on Sony to help Bethesda. You are right though Bethesda shouldn't have said they were coming until they had this shit sorted. If mods don't come to Skyrim then I'll just buy it on Xbox. I have a 300 hour save on FO4 for PS4 so I don't feel like restarting.

Sony and Bethesda are working together on it, as per Bethesda.

To clear up some confusion, Bethesda DID have a patch for PS4 months ago which added mod support with some limits on PS4 (e.g 0.8gb mod limit, no sound mod support)... however it never got certified by Sony.

My speculation: both platform holders enforce parity of game features for updates, so maybe Sony blocked 'em.
Oh I know, the patch was supposed to support the Mod Beta on PS4 but that never happened either. I wish Sony would start talking about the issue though to clarify. Bethesda seems like they don't have a clue what's going on.

alexbull_uk

its not just on sony, its also on bethesda for announcing shit they had no idea how it worked on this architecture.

Not really. We've been able to create the plugins and archives for PS4 for a while now. Bethesda has had that working for months so it's not a matter of not knowing how it works on PS4 (XBone and PS4 share the same architecture btw).

This is clearly a Sony problem. Stuff like proprietary audio isn't Bethesda's fault, as much as everyone seems to love demonising them.

Not really. We've been able to create the plugins and archives for PS4 for a while now. Bethesda has had that working for months so it's not a matter of not knowing how it works on PS4 (XBone and PS4 share the same architecture btw).

This is clearly a Sony problem. Stuff like proprietary audio isn't Bethesda's fault, as much as everyone seems to love demonising them.

That's not Bethesda's fault but how many years have they been working on the PS4? The delay announcement and complaining about file formats make it sound like they had no idea what they were doing, like somehow this stuff came out of nowhere.

alexbull_uk

That's not Bethesda's fault but how many years have they been working on the PS4? The delay announcement and complaining about file formats make it sound like they had no idea what they were doing, like somehow this stuff came out of nowhere.

There's proprietary formats for stuff like sound on Xbox too, but they got around that. I have assume they just expected Sony would be more lenient.

Admittedly, it was a mistake to announce mod support before these things were sorted out.

sensui-tomo

There's proprietary formats for stuff like sound on Xbox too, but they got around that. I have assume they just expected Sony would be more lenient.

Admittedly, it was a mistake to announce mod support before these things were sorted out.

I should have clarified but this is what i meant by bethesda's fault. Hell I already sold my fallout 4 on ps4 for the xbox one version (i got it for practically nothing and used the money xbox one gave me for getting fallout 4 on their store for free glitch to get the dlc) Then afterwords i got myself a gaming computer so i already have skyrim ready on that, When it comes to bethesda and sony there's always some issue in the way that doesnt get resolved.(bethesda's elder scrolls/fallout teams, not the ones with dishonored/wolfenstein and doom as they can get shit done right)

seriously, this is fucking ridiculous in regards to the ps4 version and mods. I cant believe they still havent resolved this. I feel like I should just sell this used and rebuy the game on xbox or pc once I upgrade my Gcard, or no, I should try to buy it used. Not gonna give the developers money twice due to this issue not bejng resolved yet.

if its Sony then Fuck Sony for being fucking douches. I havent touched FO4 for like 3 months waiting for mods. this is bullshit

5c555ebd90.png

lucius

How true was it that people where uploading mods that crashed your system?

I decided to just be safe and delete all my mods for now and just play the vanilla version

How true was it that people where uploading mods that crashed your system?

I decided to just be safe and delete all my mods for now and just play the vanilla version

As true as it always has been for mods. If you ran a bunch of visual overhaul mods it would really affect performance because the consoles aren't strong enough to push out those visuals. That includes lcoking the game up in certain areas, whcih is something that happened with the vanilla game too (particularly when vertibirds fly overhead)

But, there are people in this thread running some 30 - 40 mods who haven't had any problems. I only run about 6 or 7 at a time, and I haven't had any issues.

gossi

As true as it always has been for mods. If you ran a bunch of visual overhaul mods it would really affect performance because the consoles aren't strong enough to push out those visuals. That includes lcoking the game up in certain areas, whcih is something that happened with the vanilla game too (particularly when vertibirds fly overhead)

But, there are people in this thread running some 30 - 40 mods who haven't had any problems. I only run about 6 or 7 at a time, and I haven't had any issues.

I'm running ~50 mods, many of them visual, and it runs really well, in fairness.

No mods can trash the Xbox One.

The tragedy here is mods on Fallout 4 work really well, and Bethesda had a beta version for PS4 which Sony won't pass certification. That's a crazy situation.

gossi

Delighted to announce Sony have caved, they've worked with Bethesda after the backlash, and now mods are coming to Fallout 4. And Skyrim. And full 4K on PS Pro (for free). I play both titles in 4K on PC, it looks insane.

Chabbles

Delighted to announce Sony have caved, they've worked with Bethesda after the backlash, and now mods are coming to Fallout 4. And Skyrim. And full 4K on PS Pro (for free). I play both titles in 4K on PC, it looks insane.

Source ?

SpaceWolf

Banned

What?

EDIT: Bloody hell, it's actually happening! For a moment there I was just in shock.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/gam...to-ps4-for-skyrim-and-fallout4/2016/10/04/221

We’re excited to announce that mod support is coming to PlayStation 4 for both Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4. Additionally, we’ll also be supporting the new PlayStation 4 Pro with both titles.

Skyrim will have these features when it launches on October 28. The new power of the PlayStation 4 Pro has allowed us to make Skyrim render in native 4k, and it looks better than ever. Here are some screens to show you just how great it looks.

Mod support will come to Skyrim first. We and Sony have worked hard to make this possible. Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do. By creating a Bethesda.net account, you’ll be able to browse and try mods right from within the game.

We are excited finally to get modding to our PlayStation fans who have supported us for so long. Modding has been an important part of our games for over 10 years, and we hope to do even more in the coming year for all our players, regardless of platform.

After the work is complete on Skyrim, we’ll be updating Fallout 4 for both mods and PS4 Pro. We expect Fallout 4 to take advantage of the PS4 Pro in 4k along with enhanced lighting and graphics features.

Thanks again for all your support. We can’t wait to hear about your new adventures.

Gaf discussion here.

That "Sony caved" is a bit hyperbolic. No custom assets, so it actually sounds like Bethesda made compromises to meet Sony's guidelines from before...

Trace

Banned
Skyrim native 4k, good to see they didn't do jack shit to graphically update it. No external assets means likes 95% of mods won't work as well.

gossi

Caved'ish.

There's still a lot possible.

Also, Native 4K. Digital Foundry said the PS Pro would not be able to run any Native 4K games... so it's amusing to see Skyrim Remaster and Fallout 4 in 4K at launch.

Skyrim native 4k, good to see they didn't do jack shit to graphically update it.

You did no research.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...m-hd-special-edition-compared-to-maxed-out-pc

"It's great news for PC crowd as well, and those who own all DLC of the original (or bought the Legendary Edition) receive this as a free update. Based on our tests, there's a visible difference between this remaster and the vanilla 2011 release, with the landscape improved by new assets; plants, mushrooms, stones and extra trees are more liberally dotted around the initial Riverwood village. A new depth of field effect is brought in too. As plucked from Fallout 4's settings menu, this allows backgrounds to dynamically fall in and out of focus depending on a player's line of sight.

The more striking change is in this Special Edition's lighting. A glowing, sun-kissed appearance is in effect across its reveal trailer, notably in an overview of Solitude castle. It replaces the distinctive, colder hue of the original, and each comparison shot differs wildly from the tone of the vanilla release on PC. "

Lucifon

You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do.

That sucks, alot.

dc89

I have recently revisited the game for the first time since mods became available on Xb1.
I'm around 6 hours in and I am wondering if anyone can recommend some must have mods.

Lister

Banned
Caved'ish.

There's still a lot possible.

Also, Native 4K. Digital Foundry said the PS Pro would not be able to run any Native 4K games... so it's amusing to see Skyrim Remaster and Fallout 4 in 4K at launch.

I doubt they ever said that specifically. I'm pretty sure the ocntext they were talking about was modern games.

I sure hope the PS4 Pro can do Skyrim at 4K. A toaster can pull that off.

Because I'm guessing Fallout 4 will be moving into 'legacy title' status pretty soon, if it hasn't already. DLC support has already ended, that they're still working to get any type of mod support there at all is pretty surprising imo.

I'm also guessing having three different projects in the pipeline for a 100-man studio doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else. Expecting them to curate mods for just one platform is silly.

Yaaas. Rejoice PS4 users. PS4 mods have been released.

Link but not too sure if the source is reliable. Just did a quick Fallout 4 PS4 mods news and clicked on a random one lol.

Top Bottom