• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

JoeNut

Ugh this absolutely sucks, i was really looking forward to the mods, they shouldn't have announced them for ps4 at all if they weren't sure it'd work.

That sucks, sorry ps4 gaf : /, if youguys have any other way to play though, an xbox one that you dont use much or a pc than by all means get the game on one of those, the mods add an entirely new layer to the game and really breathe life into it

With no details of why.

KNOWN ISSUES WITH PS4 MODS

- PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.

- Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.

- PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit.

hemo memo

Gold Member
KNOWN ISSUES WITH PS4 MODS

- PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.

- Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.

- PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit.

Bethesda provided no explanation at all today regarding why the PS4 mods beta is delayed.

That sucks, sorry ps4 gaf : /, if youguys have any other way to play though, an xbox one that you dont use much or a pc than by all means get the game on one of those, the mods add an entirely new layer to the game and really breathe life into it

Completely agree, and its very annoying that Bethesda - Sony still have problems this gen, I went for Xbox One as I didn't have a PS4 when I preordered but I would be getting Skyrim on the Xbox. If they can't get mods for Fallout 4 working on the PS4 then they will have the same issues for Skyrim (Sound files, limited space for Mods) unless they get them fixed now!

Who is to blame? These issues should have been locked down months if not at launch to make sure everything would work as intended across the 2 platforms.

sensui-tomo

So just a thought, if they cant get this to work for sony, don't they need to hurry up and release a statement to protect their ass for mod support for skyrim so they cant be hit by a false advertising statement? At this point I dont see it coming.

As a PC gamer, I hope they can hash it out with Sony. Because as it stands mod support on consoles using proper pc mods (albeit without script extenders) is such a good step forward with supporting community created content and they should be commended for that. These aren't lite trivial mods made in a simplified editor. They are what have been enjoyed and promoted by PC players for years with Bethesda games.

Mods for Bethesda games extend them for YEARS beyond what any official dlc has ever done. I hope it works out.

Hopefully they get this ironed out before August 9th when NMS releases. Otherwise, I may unfortunately never get around to playing Fallout 4 with mods. Too many games releasing this fall that I'd rather invest my time in.

Somebody's onto something here.

68ppJz.gif

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/2182697

Been just fiddling around with mostly armor mods the past week. Slowly but surely there are some nice sets coming out.

Yeah I thought maybe behesda could do a mini bike or something for fallout 4. World scale and engine may not work with a proper car but an atv or moped would have been nice.

Making the scale like an arma map size and having full vehicles would have been great.

OuterLimits

So I'm guessing no updates on PS4 mods yet? I also know a big selling point of Skyrim remastered is supposed to be console mods.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah, pissed off with no updates. Fallout 4 mods was supposed to be most of my gaming time this month but with Deus Ex, No Man's Sky and Bioshock next month, I won't find time for it.

"When publishing a PS4 mod, your privacy level will be set to "Private".
Sony dictates a 24-hour waiting period before you will be allowed to activate this PS4 mod for the public.
Please return in 24-hours to activate your mod for public viewing."

This was new to me, lol what a bunch of crap. I guess Sony doesn't want mods.... Or at least making it even more difficult to do ... :/

gossi

Update from Bethesda:

We’re working w/ Sony on Fallout 4 Mod support for PS4. The process is still under evaluation. As soon as we learn more, we will share news.

I'll update the OP.

They have to get the process working by October for Skyrim remaster.

Update from Bethesda:

We’re working w/ Sony on Fallout 4 Mod support for PS4. The process is still under evaluation. As soon as we learn more, we will share news.

I'll update the OP.

It will be really "funny" if it isn't working by then. lol

Update from Bethesda:

I'll update the OP.

Ugh. This is so annoying.

Staf

I've deleted F4 from my PS4 now. The final DLC looks uninteresting and i don't really feel like waiting any longer for mods. All in all F4 has been a disappointment when i look back at it...

Could we expect a similar situation with Skyrim mods on ps4?

It's the reason I switched my ps4 pre order on ps4 to xbone.

No WAY am I gonna even take the chance of this happening again with skyrim, my all time favorite game.

I'm also gonna buy the xbone version of fallout 4, tired of waiting and nothing to play

It's the reason I switched my ps4 pre order on ps4 to xbone.

No WAY am I gonna even take the chance of this happening again with skyrim, my all time favorite game.

I'm also gonna buy the xbone version of fallout 4, tired of waiting and nothing to play

That's the thing though, you shouldn't have to be made to do that!

This is a pattern with them and Sony. If they feel that they can't deliver the product they promise on Sony's platforms, then maybe they should think twice before saying anything or, further still, even bothering to release on PlayStation in the first place.

Their case history in this matter speaks for itself.

gossi

That's the thing though, you shouldn't have to be made to do that!

This is a pattern with them and Sony. If they feel that they can't deliver the product they promise on Sony's platforms, then maybe they should think twice before saying anything or, further still, even bothering to release on PlayStation in the first place.

Their case history in this matter speaks for itself.

They sold, like, 10 million copies on Playstation, and mods will come after the issues get ironed out.

Vex_

Banned
So are you saying that the engine isn't a strung together piece of garbage? I mean I love the game (far harbour is more interesting storywise than the base game) but its not exactly a technical marvel.

No he's saying that's neither here nor there. What you're saying is irrelevant as to why mods don't work fully on ps4. This is more so a compatibility issue with Sony's proprietary... Well everything.

I think I need some load order help soon. Basically my game has started freezing very frequently again but I can't figure why as all I have are cosmetic/armor mods. Nothing that really fucks with core game itself. I'll post my mods and load order a little later. Haven't played the game in over a week because of this.

NandoGip

I think I need some load order help soon. Basically my game has started freezing very frequently again but I can't figure why as all I have are cosmetic/armor mods. Nothing that really fucks with core game itself. I'll post my mods and load order a little later. Haven't played the game in over a week because of this.

Post your load order

True Fire

Any updates guys? I ended up buying it on xbone and am gonna start it soon. Any must have nods or any other advice?

Is the Vivid Weathers + True Storms + Darker Nights compatibility patch on Xbox One? Because they're more than essential on PC. The game is literally garbage without them.

YoungOne

Is the Vivid Weathers + True Storms + Darker Nights compatibility patch on Xbox One? Because they're more than essential on PC. The game is literally garbage without them.
Highly recommend console players to get the darker nights and true storms mod. Like fire said it makes the game that much better.

Can anyone point me In The direction of a good starting mod list plus load order?

I'm just looking for basic visual upgrades and whatever's popular right now lol

Any good must haves for survival mode?

Post your load order

All right, sorry for the delay, I've been busy messing with stuff in the game and temporarily forgot about posting here

Here's my full list, in order as it appears in the mod section of the game:

1. Cheat Room (haven't used it since the beginning of the game, thinking of deleting it)
  2. Keynuker (groups keys into one item-list)
  3. John Cena Level (sound effect)
  4. Heaven's Pleasure Camel Cigarettes Posters (decoration)
  5. Heaven's Pleasure Vintage Models Posters (decoration)
  6. Katana (weapon)
  7. Azar's Ponytails (hairstyles)
  8. Commonwealth Cuts (hairstyles)
  9. More Armor Slots (self-explanitory)
  10. Silver Shroud scarf (clothing)
  11. Punisher bandana (clothing)
  12. Costume Party Gloves (clothing)
  13. Rad-Ban Eyewear (clothing/accessory)
  14. Ashara's Under-Armor (clothing)
  15. Ashara's Steampunk outfit (clothing)
  16. True Reporter Piper outfit (clothing)
  17. Knightmare Batman outfit (clothing)
  18. Proody Vault Suit (clothing)
  19. Jack's Desert Ranger armor (clothing)
  20. Dark Assault armor (clothing)
  21. Agent armor (clothing)
  22. Denim Shirt and Leathers (clothing)
  23. Hide Pip-Boy (self-explanitory)
  24. Looks Mirror (workshop accessory)
  25. Vault 81 Molerat disease cure (fixed infinite mole-rat disease bug)
  26. Tattooed Player (swaps female body texture with tattooed arms)
  27. Reduced Grass Density (-50% version)
  28. Player Home (bunker home in Diamond city)
  29. See-Through Scopes (self-explanitory)
  30. Only Clear Weather (weather, never rains, no overcast clouds)
  31. Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch

Now about Load Order, I've taken it to believe that the "top" of the load order really means the bottom, so in this case the Unofficial Patch is at the "top" (even though it's at the bottom of my list).

So like:

1. Mod A
2. Mod B
3. Mod C
4. Mod D

So Mod D would be at the "top" of the load order, whereas Mod A would be at the "bottom"? Or do I have this whole thing backwards?

This has been confusing me since mods first got released. I've tried grouping together mods as I download them, but it seems like sometimes the game just won't have it, and will freeze. Any tips on re-ordering them would be appreciated.

On a side note, I notice that most of the freezes come when I'm in downtown Boston, which from what I've read tends to really work the game hard anyway, so maybe my mods have nothing to do with. Conversely, the game locked up for me in the weapon customization window, of all places, in the Thirty-Yard Bunker (in Diamond City) the first time I installed that mod. So I've no clue.

Finally, I'm about to install a UI sound mod that allows for individual levels of volume tweaking. Where in that list would be best for something like this?

Now about Load Order, I've taken it to believe that the "top" of the load order really means the bottom, so in this case the Unofficial Patch is at the "top" (even though it's at the bottom of my list).

So like:

1. Mod A
2. Mod B
3. Mod C
4. Mod D

So Mod D would be at the "top" of the load order, whereas Mod A would be at the "bottom"? Or do I have this whole thing backwards?

First time I hear that tbh...for me top is top, so the Unofficial Patch is always at the top because it must be loaded first. Can anyone clarify?

Top Bottom