• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

?
They have been using the same engine since Morrowind.

About the texture problem, we don’t know what is causing the issue, and Bethesda already said that they are working on an optimal way to export texture to the PS4 (like they did on the Xbox One).

The main issues in my opinion are the Sony’s proprietary audio format and the Mod space which also affects Skyrim.

They're using different versions of the same engine. This is like saying Unreal Tournament 2004 is on the same engine as the new Unreal Tournament.

gossi

Couple of things. The mod Vivid Weather is now available on Xbox One. It is amazing. Some screens from my Xbone:

RwxhPcT.jpg

by9aIrn.jpg

xMPj4zH.jpg

rdaz674.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/b6f8u

With all my mods I still see very little fps loss. There's now 30 something new types of weather, including rolling fog, snow etc.

Also, re Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition brings the new Creation Engine to the game. Aside from the obvious graphical improvements it also means both consoles and PC are getting a 64 bit executable etc. Essentially, it is in Bethesda and critically Sony's best interests to nail down the Fallout 4 issues as they will pass to Skyrim. I don't think modders yet realise what is happening to Skyrim, but SE isn't a rerelease with a new coat of paint.

True Fire

Couple of things. The mod Vivid Weather is now available on Xbox One. It is amazing. Some screens from my Xbone:

With all my mods I still see very little fps loss. There's now 30 something new types of weather, including rolling fog, snow etc.

Also, re Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition brings the new Creation Engine to the game. Aside from the obvious graphical improvements it also means both consoles and PC are getting a 64 bit executable etc. Essentially, it is in Bethesda and critically Sony's best interests to nail down the Fallout 4 issues as they will pass to Skyrim. I don't think modders yet realise what is happening to Skyrim, but SE isn't a rerelease with a new coat of paint.

That's insane. It looks like an ENB on Xbox One. Completely fixed Fallout 4's ugly washed out look.

Mithos

To all that are using Bethesda.net for console modding, are every mod that is being uploaded public, or are there private mods, that you and only you can download to your console for modding.?

gossi

To all that are using Bethesda.net for console modding, are every mod that is being uploaded public, or are there private mods, that you and only you can download to your console for modding.?

It's only public mods on console.

RwxhPcT.jpg

by9aIrn.jpg

xMPj4zH.jpg

rdaz674.jpg

A mod like vivid weather shouldn't disable trophies/achievements.

Can someone enlighten me where to find empty blood packs or how to craft them? Im using a hunting overhaul mod that lets me craft blood packs through raw meat and empty blood packs. Well, Ive found maybe 5-6 empty ones in 100h playtime, I must be completely blind...

Mithos

It's only public mods on console.

Not for me yet then, I have plenty of mods on my pc skyrim (as example) that is no longer avail to get, and I'd need to be able to use whatever mod I have access to in the game i want before it's usable for me.

RwxhPcT.jpg

by9aIrn.jpg

xMPj4zH.jpg

rdaz674.jpg

That's insane. I never thought this would be possible on consoles.

Can you list out what mods you've installed in this order that make the game look like this? I think you mentioned Green in the COmmonwealth, spring in the commonwealth, vivid weather... any others?

gossi

That's insane. I never thought this would be possible on consoles.

Can you list out what mods you've installed in this order that make the game look like this? I think you mentioned Green in the COmmonwealth, spring in the commonwealth, vivid weather... any others?

I have something like 40 mods I play with now on my main save. I'm holding off posting a list as I want to make sure it's stable. But the good news is I played for hours last night without any crashes or performance issues. The game is a very different experience.

DireStr8s

I have something like 40 mods I play with now on my main save. I'm holding off posting a list as I want to make sure it's stable. But the good news is I played for hours last night without any crashes or performance issues. The game is a very different experience.

I've got to imagine the pop in on the greenery is pretty noticeable. What is the LOD like?

Vivid Weathers for Skyrim is one of the most impressive graphical mods ever made. Console players will really enjoy it once the Special Edition is released.

However, Vivid Weathers for Fallout 4 has some issues, especially crushed blacks and too stong contrast.
But I'm pretty sure that the developer will continue working on it and make it the best weather mod.

Asking for advice:

I hated the game day one. Now with mods, maybe I can give it another shot since it I already payed full for the digital copy and I'm stuck with it. What mods would you recommend for a complete noob in the game? I assume bug fixing mods and annoying game design fixing mods first then mods to make the game pretty?

I am on PS4 and don't care about trophies.
Cheers.

Klocker

Vivid Weathers for Skyrim is one of the most impressive graphical mods ever made. Console players will really enjoy it once the Special Edition is released.

However, Vivid Weathers for Fallout 4 has some issues, especially crushed blacks and too stong contrast.
But I'm pretty sure that the developer will continue working on it and make it the best weather mod

Yea its a very cool mod but yes I am getting horrible black crush on all my weapons and in certain areas of environment

Has anyone been having any trouble with certain mods leading to semi-frequent crashes? I have about a dozen installed (Green in the commonwealth, no godrays/lensflare, and some minor item and armor modifications) and it has all run fine for the first twenty-five hours or so, but now I'm noticing I'm getting a lot more crashes lately, like five in the past day. Do the save files gradually get bigger as they did with F3 and NV, and if so, is there a chance they will start conflicting with mods/load order?

I'm just baffled that all these crashes are happening all of a sudden.

No modern weapons.

update: fuck it. game keeps crashing no matter which mods I delete now.

Going to uninstall everything, try fresh, and if it still fucks up I'm taking this xbox back for an exchange.

Fuckin sucks :(

Well...

Fresh installed the game, boot it up... it can't find my save file. I click "play offline". It finds my save file. Try to connect to bethesda.net, game crashes. Saves gone. 30 hours down the drain.

I'm at a loss for many more words.

Now I'll never know if it was the game, a bad install, a particular mod, my xbox one, or bethesda's servers.

I literally bought an xbox one for this. and now this happens.

I'm not even mad. Just utterly disappointed.

This has been my first week with current gen hardware, and it's been nothing but a giant clusterfuck

Has anyone been having any trouble with certain mods leading to semi-frequent crashes? I have about a dozen installed (Green in the commonwealth, no godrays/lensflare, and some minor item and armor modifications) and it has all run fine for the first twenty-five hours or so, but now I'm noticing I'm getting a lot more crashes lately, like five in the past day. Do the save files gradually get bigger as they did with F3 and NV, and if so, is there a chance they will start conflicting with mods/load order?

I'm just baffled that all these crashes are happening all of a sudden.

Yes, most recently Vivid Weathers. New "type" of crash, suddenly starts hanging and nothing happens. Before it would crash to dashboard after some time, now it just hangs forever until I manually close the app. Also had frequent crashes with the flora and fauna mods (Green and Spring), im currently running Grasslands which seems to be fine. Im gonna disable Vivid Weathers for now, its still in development so Im sure it will get better. The mod itself is awesome...

I have noticed some crashes since downloading that mod. I'm on PC though. It just freezes and not CTD. It happens when I unlock a safe or container, I'm also using 100% idiot savant trigger mod as well, so when I pick the lock and then trigger the xp bonus, it freezes.

RedRum

Banned

RwxhPcT.jpg

by9aIrn.jpg

xMPj4zH.jpg

rdaz674.jpg

This is great! Especially with little FPS loss.

Yes, most recently Vivid Weathers. New "type" of crash, suddenly starts hanging and nothing happens. Before it would crash to dashboard after some time, now it just hangs forever until I manually close the app. Also had frequent crashes with the flora and fauna mods (Green and Spring), im currently running Grasslands which seems to be fine. Im gonna disable Vivid Weathers for now, its still in development so Im sure it will get better. The mod itself is awesome...

I think that's what I'm gonna have to do, just wait till some of these mods are out of their alpha and beta phases and Bethesda cleans up the whole process a little. I used the Cheat Room to get myself back to the level I was at before my save was wiped, as well as grabbed the specific armors and weapons I had. I'll have to scavenge for parts all over again but that's not a huge issue. For now the mods I'm gonna stick with are the tiny ones (armor slots, the cigarette animations, etc) I'm going to leave the environmental stuff alone for a while. Seems to be a huge dice roll as to whether it runs consistent or not.

Also now having spent some time with the XB1 system, I'm noticing a lot of features missing, like the ability to manage individual save files and back them up to a usb stick for example. That shit was on the 360 for years and MS having completely removed it is very curious. Also I noticed all the image and video capturing seemingly gets uploaded directly to the cloud, and not stored locally on the console. Like, what a seriously dumb thing to implement.

Xumbrega

Banned
So, I just started a Survival playtrough with:

Vivid Weathers
Realistic Roads
Modern Firearms
Realistic Sound
Pip-Boy Flashlight
Green in the Commonwealth
WET
Full Dialogue Interface
Commonwealth Cuts
Mythic Creatures
Enchanced Blood
Real Nights
Unnoficial Patch

Any other good mod for a Survival playtrough?

So, I just started a Survival playtrough with:

Vivid Weathers
Realistic Roads
Modern Firearms
Realistic Sound
Pip-Boy Flashlight
Green in the Commonwealth
WET
Full Dialogue Interface
Commonwealth Cuts
Mythic Creatures
Enchanced Blood
Real Nights
Unnoficial Patch

Any other good mod for a Survival playtrough?

All I can say is back up your saves if you can. I don't want anyone going through the shit I just did.

Im thinking im gonna have to delete some of the more intesive mods i have. Like vivid weathers, spring in the common wealth, grasslands, and green in the common wealth. You cant even walk around for five minutes in boston without a crash, despite how amazing it looks. But the dense foliage, advanced weather effects. Coupled with the already framy and crashy nature of boston just makes that city unplayable in fallout 4 on xbox one

Im thinking im gonna have to delete some of the more intesive mods i have. Like vivid weathers, spring in the common wealth, grasslands, and green in the common wealth. You cant even walk around for five minutes in boston without a crash, despite how amazing it looks. But the dense foliage, advanced weather effects. Coupled with the already framy and crashy nature of boston just makes that city unplayable in fallout 4 on xbox one

Vivid Weathers and the realistic lighting mods together seem to have made my game crash anytime I'd enter a building, even crashing before the game actually starts.

Vivid Weathers and the realistic lighting mods together seem to have made my game crash anytime I'd enter a building, even crashing before the game actually starts.

All right thank christ I'm not alone in this and finally starting to hear other stories of games crashing. I was starting to think it was my xbox.

Yeah guys, it sucks. :(

alexbull_uk

All right thank christ I'm not alone in this and finally starting to hear other stories of games crashing. I was starting to think it was my xbox.

Yeah guys, it sucks. :(

Just the nature of modding unfortunately. Especially once you install a few mods.

It's probably only going to get worse on console because there's no way of using a tool like LOOT.

Sorry if it's been asked, but anyone think their is a chance for a vr mod on consoles?

Unfortunately not, because you need a solid 90fps for VR and you need to be able to do that for both eyes. Fallout 4 on consoles often doesn't even hit 30fps.

Fallout 4 VR is coming though, and it sounds like it will support Xbox Scorpio.

Klocker

Vivid weather effects the global lighting in the game so it's not recommended by dev to run at same time as other global lighting mods

You running all grass mods at the same time??? Its advisded to run only one at any time. No wonder your game crashes...

Regarding Vivid Weathers: There was an update yesterday, Im having no problems at the moment running it with Grasslands and Lighting Overhaul.

Good news!

I re-installed the game, added only ONE mod (more armor slots)... well two actually. I used the Cheat Room to jump back to my previous level after my XB1 somehow wiped my original 30+ hour save. Anyway I just got done with a fourteen-hour-long marathon run with zero crashes.

Clearly several of those mods I had were doing something fucked.

lucius

Yeah you can change the load order many of the mods I have say in the description when to load the mod. I wanted to delete all my mods and go back to a earlier save for my 1st play, but I want Dogmeat and Shadow at the same time. The fact that you can't have Dogmeat and another companion in regular game is no fun.

Mesoian

Well...

Fresh installed the game, boot it up... it can't find my save file. I click "play offline". It finds my save file. Try to connect to bethesda.net, game crashes. Saves gone. 30 hours down the drain.

I'm at a loss for many more words.

Now I'll never know if it was the game, a bad install, a particular mod, my xbox one, or bethesda's servers.

I literally bought an xbox one for this. and now this happens.

I'm not even mad. Just utterly disappointed.

This has been my first week with current gen hardware, and it's been nothing but a giant clusterfuck

Welcome to modding. It's a mad mad mad mad world.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Can anyone confirm if Vivid Weathers is compatible with GiTC? I'm running it and it 'shows' but the sky is all faceted and loads all weirdly.

(I have vivid weathers first in load order, followed by GiTC)

There shouldn't be any conflicts but try giving Vivid Weathers a higher priority anyway.

Oh, and Vivid Weathers got an update and now has higher brightness option! Finally gets rid of the black crush.
Give it a try.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
There shouldn't be any conflicts but try giving Vivid Weathers a higher priority anyway.

Oh, and Vivid Weathers got an update and now has higher brightness option! Finally gets rid of the black crush.
Give it a try.
Thank you - on that advice I ended up re-installing the mod and it's working!

Klocker

Give it a try.

Where are you seeing this lighter option? Is it another mod or an option somewhere in game?
Thx

Edit... found the mod thx

Edit 2... had to put the brighter mod below original VW in list to get it to show in game

gossi

For those experiencing crashing, if you have Vivid Weather update it to the latest release. It includes a fix for Xbox crash. I've tested and it appears to work.

What's annoying is that there is a mod to fix some of quest problems. One I have a problem with is with McReady but he wont' access this terminal. But using this mod disables the achievements :(

Top Bottom