• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout TV Series Adds Arcane, Yellowjackets Star Ella Purnell in Lead Role

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ella Purnell, the actress known for her roles in Yellowjackets and Arcane, has been cast in a lead role within the upcoming Fallout TV show, according to new reports. It has not been specified yet which exact role she'll be taking on in the show nor has Amazon confirmed Purnell's involvement with the Fallout series. This report makes for the second actor or actress that's supposedly attached to the show following another report from last month which said Walton Goggins would be taking on a lead role, too.

Variety reported on Purnell's involvement with the Fallout show but said Amazon did not comment on the character the star would be playing just as it didn't say anything about Goggins' role. However, a source described to the outlet that Purnell would play a character who is "upbeat and uncannily direct with an all-American can-do spirit" who also has "an intensity in her eyes" that could make her dangerous.

Goggins, by comparison, is supposedly going to be playing a Ghoul in the Fallout show which is a bit more telling about his character. The Fallout games are filled with all different types of NPCs encompassing all manners of personalities and outlooks, so it's difficult to associate Purnell's role with any one character based on that description alone. Many Fallout characters are unnaturally cheery and are certainly dangerous, though, so that sort of role seems like it'll fit right in with whatever story is planned for the Fallout series.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As reported by Deadline, Fallout has added Twin Peaks star Kyle MacLachlan, Father Stu actor Aaron Moten, and a newer actor by the name of Xelia Mendes-Jones who will star in the second season of Wheel of Time and 2022's Havoc with Tom Hardy and Timothy Olyphant. As of right now, no details have been revealed regarding their roles, but they will be series regulars and join the likes of Walton Goggins (who is rumored to be playing a ghoul) and Yellowjackets star Ella Purnell. The series has no release date at the moment, but with casting gaining such momentum, it's likely we'll learn more sooner rather than later. Deadline also confirmed the show is set to begin shooting later this year.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
They got my boy????

387a885ed317ec9da4aa79b82640c7530f-13-dougie-twin-peaks-coffee.rsquare.w700.jpg

kiphalfton

They got my boy????

387a885ed317ec9da4aa79b82640c7530f-13-dougie-twin-peaks-coffee.rsquare.w700.jpg

I mean honestly I couldn't care less who the lady op mentioned is, but Kyle MacLachlan that's a whole other story. Dude seems chill af in real life and on top of that is a legend do to Twin Peaks. All these 15 year olds will not know who he is, and for that I'm sorry your life sucks.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I mean honestly I couldn't care less who the lady op mentioned is, but Kyle MacLachlan that's a whole other story. Dude seems chill af in real life and on top of that is a legend do to Twin Peaks. All these 15 year olds will not know who he is, and for that I'm sorry your life sucks.

Walton Goggins is a great get too.

EDMIX

So, two leads?

To tell the story of the wasteland, I'm not surprised they'd have many leads. They likely want to show many perspectives.

I think about it, in the game you can join Brotherhood of Steel or other groups and shit, it would be odd for someone to do all that in the show, so it makes sense to have many leads, instead of having you play many builds like an RPG lol

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I didn't find out this series was coming until recently. Its apparently been in development for a while. I saw some photos and it was enough to pique my interest

EDMIX

I didn't find out this series was coming until recently. Its apparently been in development for a while. I saw some photos and it was enough to pique my interest

Yea Amazon got the contract for it, rumor is they outbid Netflix, but Amazon has been aggressively paying the big bucks to get those deals like with God Of War or the Lord Of The Rings deal or even buying MGM. So with a massive ass budget, only Amazon and Netflix I feel would fund some crazy shit like this lol

With how competitive Amazon has been, i'm even more fucking hype for this. They must have opened the floodgates to get this IP lol

Its by the studio that did that Chernobyl show that was on HBO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom