• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu asks Japanese developers what game they would add to the Super Famicom Mini

Interesting to see so much love for ActRaiser, it seems that had a huge impact in Japan. For my part, Chrono Trigger is the obvious inclusion. I would have ditched the two Kirby games and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts in exchange for Chrono Trigger, ActRaiser, and Cybernator or Wild Guns.

"Tsunekazu Ishihara (The Pokemon Company): Sound Fantasy (Unreleased game)"

Here's why he even mentions that game.
final-credits2.png

I'd love to have it though. Releasing the prototype was not enough. Not polished enough.

Shintaro Kojima: Umihara Kawase

Always good to see more Umihara Kawase recognition. One of my favorite platformers on the system.

Still a bit surprised by the lack of Mother 2 on the SFC Mini. I understand that they needed to switch a couple games (like putting in Fire Emblem), but Mother 2 feels like an odd cut.

poodaddy

Platinum and Square Enix know what's up. Great taste.

Now that I think about it, it's really damn weird that Pilotwings isn't on there. Guarantee Pilotwings 64 will be on the N64 mini, the game was a big deal at the time.

Platinum and Square Enix know what's up. Great taste.

Now that I think about it, it's really damn weird that Pilotwings isn't on there. Guarantee Pilotwings 64 will be on the N64 mini, the game was a big deal at the time.

Pilotwings 64 has skipped VC twice so far, so I wouldn’t bet too hard on that.

I know SNES mini has YI and Star Fox, but I still feel like something different is up with Pilotwings 64

Zalman

Ishihara mentioning Sound Fantasy is just great. Him and Sakurai being able to have a say is funny considering they're kind of Nintendo but not really.

Sega
Yosuke Okunari: Otogirisou
Toshihiro Nagoshi: Pilotwings
Mizuki Hosoyamada: Super Puyo Puyo
Some good taste here. Of course Nagoshi would nominate a game which is still great and deserved to make the roster, but Puyo Puyo and an underrated Chunsoft VN deserve attention as well.

Sound Fantasy would have been super cool, but I get why its odds were low.

iirc Contra and Castlevania have been pulled out from the Japanese list of available games

Those should have been the answers, fuck rpg's !!!!

angelic

Banned
Wtf. Is that a mario/bubsy hybrid? Mubsy?!?

Absolutely disgusting.

Someone being wrongly offended as the 1st post, 2017 everybody.

Did Hideki Kamiya really give Assault Suits Valken it's American name?

Is Cybernator actually good? I remember seeing old magazine ads for it and writing it off.

Genuinely brilliant, best feeling of weight in a 16bit shooter / platformer. Punches pack a real solid crunch of metal and power.

PsionBolt

Not a single bad choice in the bunch. It really drives home how ridiculously stacked the SNES library was. So many all-time greats.

Props to Mizuki Hosoyamada for naming Super Puyo Puyo, but the clearly superior choice would have been Puyo Puyo Tsu!

Psxphile

Wow, that's very catchy. Shame they didn't include it in the rerelease, along with the two soundtracks it does have.

Yeah it was.

I was weirded out the first time I played the GBA homebrew port, being my first real experience with Eric Chahi's original vision. No real soundtrack to speak of other than the intro and ending. Much moodier in comparison to the SNES/MD experience (and zero loading).

Kamiya and that other guy from BN know what's up.

Calling it - Nintendo will sell a ROM pack for the NES/SNES Classic that you can only buy and upgrade through the Switch.

The Tactics Ogre and Front Mission mentions are certainly nice to see. Would have been nice to see some MegaTen presence though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
this is an odd thing to do. You launch a new mini, then immediately remind people of all the great games that aren't on it.

traveler

Not Wario
this is an odd thing to do. You launch a new mini, then immediately remind people of all the great games that aren't on it.

I'd agree normally, but the lack of consensus and presence of a fair number of niche titles actually leaves one with the impression that Nintendo did a pretty bang up job on capturing the must haves for the platform.

I still think DKC2, DKC3 and Chrono Trigger would have rounded out the collection, but it's hard to be unhappy with what we got.

maxmars

Pilotwings 64 has skipped VC twice so far, so I wouldn’t bet too hard on that.

I know SNES mini has YI and Star Fox, but I still feel like something different is up with Pilotwings 64

With the resurgence of indie games and the wide availability of 3d game engines, I'm baffled that no one is working on a game that lets you fly around PW-style. It's chilling but at the same time requires skills. Blue skies, not necessarily violent.. Wish Nintendo at least included PW in the SNES mini.

Oare

Daisuke Ishiwatari: Otogirisou (sound novel)

Shintarou Kojima: Umihara Kawase

Kouei Tecmo

Yousuke Hayashi: Actraiser

Ryuutarou Ichimura: Front Mission
Yousuke Saitou: Wonder Project J

Koutarou Uchikoshi: Banshee's Last Cry (Kamaitachi no Yoru)

Yousuke Okunari: Otogirisou

Youzou Sakagami: Sim City

Kenichirou Takaki: Actraiser

I don't think you did that on purpose - but
if you decide to write in weeb speech,you have to go all the way.

Top Bottom