• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (03/23) - Devil Survivor 2 DS (yes, DS) + Resident Evil Revival (PS360)

Amir0x

Banned
cvxfreak said:
It's gotta be more than upscaled ports if the game has 4 pages of coverage... Right?

maybe one is a port and the other is a remake?

It'd make more sense to remake Code Veronica at this point...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
cvxfreak said:
It's gotta be more than upscaled ports if the game has 4 pages of coverage... Right?
Maybe, or they could be using those 4 pages to talk about the history or stuff like that about the game.

We need details asap! :)

Melchiah

Meh. HD version of CV is fine, RE4 not as much, but why no HD REmake? Why not give the fans the best of both worlds? The best of the old and the new; Remake and the 4th.

Hmm what's the likelyhood of another SMT game/SMT V like Strange Journey on the DS then? Since they have all those sprites and stuff they can use again.

onken

What's wrong with upscaled ports? That's absolutely, 100% the best option. LEAVE THEM THE FUCK ALONE, THEY ARE PERFECT AS THEY ARE.

jay

onken said:
What's wrong with upscaled ports? That's absolutely, 100% the best option. LEAVE THEM THE FUCK ALONE, THEY ARE PERFECT AS THEY ARE.

But I already have them as they are.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
maybe one is a port and the other is a remake?

It'd make more sense to remake Code Veronica at this point...
Some of the coverage could be 15th anniversary stuff too, or the 3DS games.

Don

Y2Kev said:
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

MY THREAD DID THIS
Quick, make a thread titled "God Hand and Okami are still so freaking good!"

Capcom will never do it anyway :(

Gravijah said:
But you didn't make a thread about the much superior CV!

You're wrong, don't you feel bad about being so wrong?! don't you feel ashamed of yourself?!

What a bad Raichu.

Alextended said:
What if it's Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles with Move/Kinect controls?

I would just kill you.....sloooooowly.

Boney

Banned
Zenith said:
Do you know how many platforms RE4 has been ported to? Have you not played it?

Unless it's some kind of partial remake and not the usual "HD trilogy" port stuff I see no reason to get excited.
Played over 20 times.

I'd go for 10 more, why not do it in HD the next time.

Kusagari

I agree that it's not a remake but a HD port for one reason.

Capcom would charge full price for a RE4 remake not bundle anything with it. Let's be serious.

Edit: I'm also positive Capcom would charge full price for a Code Veronica remake. They're both upscales.

I've bought these games so many times, yet I'm still excited for them all over again.

2hf1avm.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This version of RE4 better have an end results screen this time. I'm pissed I never got anything for 100% accuracy-ing the game!

Yaweee

The Devil Survivor scans aren't particularly high quality but as far as I can can tell:

- Gameplay ooks pretty similar to the original (isometric maps, 3-person teams for battle)

- New artist/art style?

- Still takes place in Tokyo (Tokyo Tower is in a screenshot)

- 3 Characters introduced (presumably the male MC, male friend, female friend)

This raises an interesting question: Is it DS2 on DS or the non-3D DS:OC on DS that makes less sense?

EDIT: Looks like interest in this is completely dwarfed compared to the REmakes.

kunonabi

Ugh ports of the two RE games I disliked the most. HD won't fix any of my issues with either game so I'll be skipping them.

Say it with me Capcom: Resident Evil...Outbreak...File #3

or downloadable RE1.5

or confirmation of more characters for Resident Evil 3D The Mercenaries

or playable Nemesis in MVC3

onken

You guys are out of your minds if you think these are going to be remakes. They are both long games, would take loads of time and money to remake them. Plus they are PS2 era anyway so don't look bad enough yet to warrant a remake (visually, at least).

jay said:
But I already have them as they are.

Yeah but RE4 looks like shit these days, except for the yummy PC version anyway (locked at 30fps boo). PS2 version of CV2 still holds up really well though, but 720p and widescreen would be glorious.

Teknoman

Why does it always take so long to get Famitsu mag details after listing some of the content anyway (serious question)?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
CV & 4 are my favorite two REs - CV of the "old-style" RE games, and 4 of the new style (granted, there are only 2 of those so far). Awesome!

Relaxed Muscle said:
I was thinking that's a weird selection...

The worst main RE:(RE:CV) along the best one (RE4).
wat

cvxfreak, let's cut him!

All I really want is a CV remake - still one of my favorite REs ever. HD port of RE4 is just gravy at this point, especially with Move compatibility.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RE4 looks like shit these days
hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahah

onken

Teknoman said:
You've seen REmake on the Gamecube right?

Yeah but RE1 (as good as it was) was a very basic, short and ugly game which was crying out for a remake. CV and 4, not so much.

Jerk said:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

On my HD TV?

Yes, it does look like shit, I don't care about new assets, but the game really needs 720p/1080p glory image quality.

Also in other news some Hudson games for 3DS are cancelled:

# Omega Five (3DS)
# Bomberman (3DS)
# Bonk (3DS

onken said:
Yeah but RE1 (as good as it was) was a very basic, short and ugly game which was crying out for a remake. CV and 4, not so much.
RE4 is good as is, but CV could definitely use some tweaking.

Boney

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
On my HD TV?

Yes, it does look like shit, I don't care about new assets, but the game really needs 720p/1080p glory image quality.

Also in other news some Hudson games for 3DS are cancelled:

# Omega Five (3DS)
# Bomberman (3DS)
# Bonk (3DS
That kinda sucks I guess...

I even made a thread for Bomberman :(

Top Bottom