• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (03/23) - Devil Survivor 2 DS (yes, DS) + Resident Evil Revival (PS360)

onken said:
You guys are out of your minds if you think these are going to be remakes. They are both long games, would take loads of time and money to remake them. Plus they are PS2 era anyway so don't look bad enough yet to warrant a remake (visually, at least).

Yeah but RE4 looks like shit these days, except for the yummy PC version anyway (locked at 30fps boo). PS2 version of CV2 still holds up really well though, but 720p and widescreen would be glorious.

Chronicles of Riddick was remade, and it looks better than 99% of the games last gen.

Yaweee said:
The Devil Survivor scans aren't particularly high quality but as far as I can can tell:

- Gameplay ooks pretty similar to the original (isometric maps, 3-person teams for battle)

- New artist/art style?

- Still takes place in Tokyo (Tokyo Tower is in a screenshot)

- 3 Characters introduced (presumably the male MC, male friend, female friend)

EDIT: Looks like interest in this is completely dwarfed compared to the REmakes.

Return of Boobzu(and other characters from the first game I guess).

Yaweee

Fimbulvetr said:

Yeah, in the lower right hand corner? I noticed that it kind of looks like Boobzu, but I don't recognize the other silhouettes/darkened characters.

Boogiepop

Saw the scans for Devil Survivor 2. Looking good, I suppose. Would be nice if it could be a 3DS game, but honestly I get excited for any new SMT game anyway, so I'm happy.

Teknoman

onken said:
Yeah but RE1 (as good as it was) was a very basic, short and ugly game which was crying out for a remake. CV and 4, not so much.

Well maybe... but RE4's been ported from the original cube version -> PS2 -> PC -> Wii. I know its Capcom and all, but still a full remake of both games would bring in a decent amount of cash.

Of course...well done HD ports of both games probably would too.

duckroll

Cheapo cash in dumb fuck Devil Survivor port to 3DS.......... and then........... THE TRUE SEQUEL IS ON THE DS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

FUCK I LOVE YOU ATLUS! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH! Now I can play the TRUE SEQUEL without buying a stupid new system! YAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

ryan-ts

There's a part of me that believes the RE games are not just ports based on the fact that they made REmake. The rest of me realizes this will just be an HD port.

onken

Jerk said:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

No, it really does, especially the PS2 version (which I was playing last week, no less). The actual assets are fine but the IQ is appalling, which is why the aforementioned PC version looks so great and why an HD port would also look fantastic.

duckroll said:
Cheapo cash in dumb fuck Devil Survivor port to 3DS.......... and then........... THE TRUE SEQUEL IS ON THE DS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

FUCK I LOVE YOU ATLUS! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH! Now I can play the TRUE SEQUEL without buying a stupid new system! YAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Hell yeah :p

Also my post got drowned...

Bel Marduk said:
Hmm what's the likelyhood of another SMT game/SMT V like Strange Journey on the DS then? Since they have all those sprites and stuff they can use again.

onken

Teknoman said:
Well maybe... but RE4's been ported from the original cube version -> PS2 -> PC -> Wii. I know its Capcom and all, but still a full remake of both games would bring in a decent amount of cash.

We still don't have a definitive version though, but this could be it. HD + all the extra content + real-time cutscenes (+move support?), believe!

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
RE4 is good as is, but CV could definitely use some tweaking.

Examples, man!

Yaweee

Bel Marduk said:
Hell yeah :p

Also my post got drowned...

It's possible, I guess, but we'll have to see whether they're using the Strange Journey animated sprites in DS2. Strange Journey was already re-using the Etrian Odyssey-engine to fulfill Atlus' recycling quota (by my understanding), so they may not feel obliged to make another SMT dungeon crawler.

But who knows? It's Atlus. Their plans seem to make no damn sense, so why even bother to come up with potential reasonings?

Perhaps this also explains why Atlus of Japan hasn't even opened the main part of their DS:OC page, or had any articles in magazines since its original announcement. Maybe more info for DS:OC they didn't want to give away until DS2 was announced? And

And does DS:OC have gameplay improvements that were added to DS2, as P3P had P4 improvements?

There's also new info for P2P in the issue. Is another one of the new modes/sideqests revealed?

You know what? I hope Resident Evil 4 isn’t a remake (it wont be anyway), but just slap on HD and it’ll scrub up amazingly. It’ll look like a next gen game. Now I hope Code Veronica is a remake....Resident Evil 4 style baby!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Tricky I Shadow said:
You know what? I hope Resident Evil 4 isn’t a remake (it wont be anyway), but just slap on HD and it’ll scrub up amazingly. It’ll look like a next gen game. Not I hope Cod Veronica is a remake....Resident Evil 4 style baby!
*pukes*

Vamphuntr

Tricky I Shadow said:
You know what? I hope Resident Evil 4 isn’t a remake (it wont be anyway), but just slap on HD and it’ll scrub up amazingly. It’ll look like a next gen game. Now I hope Code Veronica is a remake....Resident Evil 4 style baby!

You have no soul.

Curufinwe

CrunchyFrog said:
:lol flawless. Lotta HD ports of games ive missed out on (CV) last gen coming this year. So much games so little time

I wonder if they'll fix the typo in the HD version. It must be the only thing wrong with RE 4 and I didn't even know about it till today.

Tricky I Shadow said:

CV was bad enough as it was....ugh...but the game surely needs a new paint of good art all over the place, more than the dated graphics, the worst is how bad the whole art design is, it's like RE1 which really benefited from a remake.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Tricky I Shadow said:

That would be like a gameloft game.

threenote

Banned
NEED MORE INFO ON RESIDENT EVIL

holy shit holy shit. HD Re4?

Also, I'm glad I don't have to buy a stupid fucking 3DS. Thanks Atlus.

duckroll

Devil Survivor 2 looks awesome. It's like a crazy anime plot! They even got Mohiro Kitoh (Narutaru, Bokurano) to design the Invaders in the game! The mysterious invaders "Septentrion" are attacking all of Japan! No one can stop them! Except those who contract the power of DEMONS! The invaders attack Japan once a day, with only 7 days left on their limit, can the 13 Devil Summoners save Japan from complete destruction against the Invaders?!

ZOMG GOTY!

MechaX

Fimbulvetr said:

It's funny; When I saw the shadowy figure with gigantic breasts, the first thing I thought was "that's gotta be Yuzu."

Pyrokai said:
As someone who hasn't played Devil Survivor, should I go for the DS version or wait for Overclocked? :eek:

Overclocked if you plan to get a 3DS anytime soon...if not then get the DS version. Overclocked has a new day and VA but the DS version is good enough IMO.

survivor

Banned
Pyrokai said:
As someone who hasn't played Devil Survivor, should I go for the DS version or wait for Overclocked? :eek:
Well you can wait since you are not in a hurry to play the game. Also you are probably getting a bit better graphics and voice acting if you don't find it horrible. Plus is the DS version even available anywhere?

Volcynika

survivor said:
Well you can wait since you are not in a hurry to play the game. Also you are probably getting a bit better graphics and voice acting if you don't find it horrible. Plus is the DS version even available anywhere?

Available on Amazon for $40! (3rd party seller)

But yeah just wait for Overclocked. You get more content too!

Vamphuntr

duckroll said:
Devil Survivor 2 looks awesome. It's like a crazy anime plot! They even got Mohiro Kitoh (Narutaru, Bokurano) to design the Invaders in the game! The mysterious invaders "Septentrion" are attacking all of Japan! No one can stop them! Except those who contract the power of DEMONS! The invaders attack Japan once a day, with only 7 days left on their limit, can the 13 Devil Summoners save Japan from complete destruction against the Invaders?!

ZOMG GOTY!

Hawt. Hope there are a lot of choices you have to make and branching paths like the first one. DAY ONE.

duckroll said:

ZOMG GOTY!
Nice. Does it give a hint as to what the canon ending for the first game is?

Yaweee

Pyrokai said:

They've barely revealed anything specific about the 3DS version, except it adds a post-game scenario, full voice acting, and a fair number of new demons. I don't think they'eve even shown videos? The original could really have used a significant speed boost. I don't think the JP version even has a specific release date yet.

duckroll

Bad news, looks like Hudson is REALLY dead:

The following games are all canned.

- PS3 Bonk's Adventure
- Deca Sports 4 (Wii)
- 3DS Omega Five
- 3DS Bonk
- Bomberman 3DS

Teknoman said:

Wasn't it also ported to the iPhone. If this is just an HD port than RE4 will be the most whored out RE game in a 5-6 year span.

Teknoman

Mailenstein said:
The RE news are bomb, SMT not so much. Don't understand the hype around that series anyway.

Check out SMT: Nocturne to see.

Lord_Byron28 said:
Wasn't it also ported to the iPhone. If this is just an HD port than RE4 will be the most whored out RE game in a 5-6 year span.

I think so.

Teknoman said:
Omega Five (3DS)
Bomberman (3DS)
Bonk (3DS)

Canceled? WHAT?! Come on Hudson.

Oh wow. Bomberman was one of the few announced 3DS games I've been looking forward to so far. Jesus christ that sucks so much.

Top Bottom