• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (03/23) - Devil Survivor 2 DS (yes, DS) + Resident Evil Revival (PS360)

7Th

GLORIOUS DS MASTER RACE > DIRTY 3DS PEASANTS

Yaweee said:
The Devil Survivor scans aren't particularly high quality but as far as I can can tell:

- Gameplay ooks pretty similar to the original (isometric maps, 3-person teams for battle)

- New artist/art style?

- Still takes place in Tokyo (Tokyo Tower is in a screenshot)

- 3 Characters introduced (presumably the male MC, male friend, female friend)

This raises an interesting question: Is it DS2 on DS or the non-3D DS:OC on DS that makes less sense?

EDIT: Looks like interest in this is completely dwarfed compared to the REmakes.

Nope, I don't even see how could you think that: the characters all have the trademarked Suzuhito Yasuda flat-faces.

More DS2 info from andriasang:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/23/devil_survivor_2_details/

Early details on Devil Survivor 2 have surfaced from this week's Famitsu.

As mentioned here earlier, Devil Survivor 2 is being developed for the DS. It's not to be confused with 3DS title Devil Survivor Overclocked, which is a remake of the first Devil Survivor.

Mysterious invaders known as the "Septentrion" suddenly attack Japan one Sunday. They make their attacks once a day from then on. It's up to a band of 13 demon summoners to deal with the attackers within seven days.

Characters introduced in the magazine include:

Main Character
A third year student at a school in Tokyo. He gets caught up in all the happenings while on his way home from a test, and learns of his ability to summon demons.
Io
A student in the same grade as the main character. He's a gifted student who's admired by others.
Daichi
The main character's friend from childhood, and also a fellow student in the same grade. She's cheerful, bt doesn't think too deeply about things.

Gameplay will combine simulation with command battle elements. You'll be able to obtain new demons through demon auctions. One new system is the "Enishi System", which has something to do with your ties with your friends.

Staff includes Kenji Ito on sound. Like the original, the main character designs are from Durarara's Suzuhito Yasuda. Mohiro Kitou is doing the designs for the Septentrion invaders.

Devil Survivor 2 is due for DS release through Atlus this summer.

Same character artist as Durarara, lol I'm not surprised. The heroine in this game looks like Sonohara from Durarara...

AAK

Y2Kev said:
What? You pushed Move to fire.

I liked Move controls a lot in RE5.

I agree, the move controls suited the tank controls pretty well. If it was going for a TPS control scheme then it would have sucked.

Ellis Kim

Banned
I've been wanting to go play CV, but now that there's going to be a "revival" release, whatever that means, I guess I'll wait for that instead of buying it for an older system.

what the hell, an atlus game in which there's a male main character, his best buddy, and their chummy female pal?

will wonders never cease

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kenji Ito? I'm not a fan. :(

The art look better this time though, even the character art.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
There's Alex Kidd in Shinobi World releasing on Master System after Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle for Genesis, I think.

Thanks, nice catch! That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Teknoman

jj984jj said:
Kenji Ito? I'm not a fan. :(

The art look better this time though, even the character art.

Wait, Kenji Ito is doing the music for the port, or did he do the music for the orignal as well? The guy knows his way around dungeon and battle themes.

News Bot

Banned
HAHAHAHAH @ Hyperbole in this thread.

First off, there hasn't been a single mention of CODE: Veronica or BH4, so calm the shit.

So far, all we have is "Biohazard Revival Selection", and not even any solid source or scans to confirm even that. It could just be another Japanese-only re-release (like the Value Pack posted above for the PS2, which did include C:V and BH4).

Bebpo

Banned
Kenji Ito?

Ugh, instant buzzkill on what could have been zomggg. I really liked Takami Asano's guitar buttrock, even if it was just ripping off Shoji Meguro. Hmmm...maybe Meguro got insulted that Asano was copying him entirely for the whole ost and fired him lol

I can't see Ito doing guitar rock like DS1. Guessing the sound will be totally different style now :X

Yaweee

Teknoman said:
Wait, Kenji Ito is doing the music for the port, or did he do the music for the orignal as well? The guy knows his way around dungeon and battle themes.

No, it was somebody else for Devil Survivor 1. I actually rather liked the original's soundtrack; there were just 1 or 2 weak tracks that played constantly.

randomkid

Teknoman said:

The terrible terrible music for Devil Survivor was most certainly not done by Kenji Ito. This is big big news if he's really composing for the sequel!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Teknoman said:
He's doing music for the sequel. Takami Asano was the composer for the first game.

ElFly

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
There's Alex Kidd in Shinobi World releasing on Master System after Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle for Genesis, I think.

This is true, but, according to wikipedia, the Genesis game was released afterwards the MS game in Europe. (also, it wasn't an alex kidd game originally).

There's Bart's Nightmare (SNES), and Bartman meets Radioactive Man (NES), but europe also fucks that up.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
News Bot said:

First off, there hasn't been a single mention of CODE: Veronica or BH4, so calm the shit.

So far, all we have is "Biohazard Revival Selection", and not even any solid source or scans to confirm even that. It could just be another Japanese-only re-release (like the Value Pack posted above for the PS2, which did include C:V and BH4).

But why would there be a 4 page spread and why would they rerelease the only resident evil game on ps360 again for the third time.

Teknoman

jj984jj said:
He's doing music for the sequel. Takami Asano was the composer for the first game.

Oh, guess i'll just grab the sequel then. I dont think i've heard a Kenji Ito track I didnt like.

News Bot said:

Seriously? Someone needs to change the title then.

Delio

"Gameplay will combine simulation with command battle elements. You'll be able to obtain new demons through demon auctions. One new system is the "Enishi System", which has something to do with your ties with your friends."

Social Links?

News Bot

Banned
erlim said:
But why would there be a 4 page spread and why would they rerelease the only resident evil game on ps360 again for the third time.

A "4 page spread" we haven't seen. How are you so sure there even is a 4 page spread? And even if there is, how do you know it's C:V and BH4?

Come on guys.

Phenomic

While it seems like it's not confirmed Anoop just posted this:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/posts/2011/03/23/270169/

Key Points:
"Here's what's going around:
* The game full name may actually be "Resident Evil Revival Selection HD Remastered Version
* It includes remastered versions of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica
* There are no new elements to the games at present
* RE4 includes Ada's Another Order mode"

News Bot

Banned
So why would Famitsu, a Japanese publication, use "Resident Evil", an American term for the "Biohazard" series?

Hyperbole, rumours and laughable reporting at their finest.

Ridley327

Phenomic said:
While it seems like it's not confirmed Anoop just posted this:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/posts/2011/03/23/270169/

"Here's what's going around:
* The game full name may actually be "Resident Evil Revival Selection HD Remastered Version
* It includes remastered versions of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica
* There are no new elements to the games at present
* RE4 includes Ada's Another Order mode"
Likelihood of RE4 being the PS2 version increasing rapidly...

randomkid

I dunno what Bebpo's smoking ha, Devil Survivor's buttrock was bad Meguro comparisons notwithstanding, and the exploration/drama music was straight turrible.

With Ito we're guaranteed sweet battle and dungeon music for sure.

Teknoman

Aeana said:
I prefer Ito to Asano (I really hate the music in Devil Survivor), but I'd rather have neither.

I'd take the usual SMT duo (Kaneda and Meguro)...but i'd also like to hear Ito's take on what SMT music should sound like. But yeah the music in the original kinda turned me off from the game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
News Bot said:
So why would Famitsu, a Japanese publication, use "Resident Evil", an American term for the "Biohazard" series?

Well it's just switching from the leakers. It says Biohazard.

cvxfreak

News Bot said:

Because Famitsu didn't use the term "Resident Evil." The people reporting the information in English used RE.

Ridley327

_dementia said:
:(

Did RE4 Wii have the Ada bonus content?
It did have Separate Ways, but the visuals weren't touched up much to match the main game. It looks better than it did on the PS2, but not overwhelmingly so.

News Bot

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
Well it's just switching from the leakers. It says Biohazard.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It wouldn't surprise me if a 'Revival Selection' is announced given that this issue is released on the day of the series' 15th Anniversary (LOL SURPRISE SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT). However, the chances of it being C:V and BH4 are slim and complete speculation right now.

Because Famitsu didn't use the term "Resident Evil." The people reporting the information in English used RE.

I know they wouldn't use it, it was a rhetorical question. =P

Teknoman

randomkid said:
With Ito we're guaranteed sweet battle and dungeon music for sure.

2m2coeo.gif

cvxfreak

News Bot said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

It wouldn't surprise me if a 'Revival Selection' is announced given that this issue is released on the day of the series' 15th Anniversary (LOL SURPRISE SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT). However, the chances of it being C:V and BH4 are slim and complete speculation right now.

I know they wouldn't use it, it was a rhetorical question. =P

Okay, I can breathe a sigh of relief then. :)

By the way, it is 100%, undoubtedly RE4 + CV. Take it from me. ;)

Top Bottom