• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news and reviews for 11/27/12, MH4 new weapon, Yakuza 5 40/40

Hobby

Will update.

New titles

Osawari Tantei Nameko Daihanshoku
3DS
- Success developed
- End of February 2013 release
- Has local and internet play
- This is originally a browser game, but it's being ported to 3DS with new stuff added.

Continued info

Monster Hunter 4
- Silhouette of a new weapon shown.
- It's quite large, and has three spikes jutting out like a spear. (A trident, presumably).
- Will be revealed in 12/13's Famitsu.

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F
- Will include livetune's 「Tell Your World」 and Hachiouji-p's 「Sweet Devil」.
- New song modules include linkage and honey-whip. Other modules only had a silhouette shown. Looks a bit like a kimono. Writing in Famitsu says that the outfit would go well with a motorcycle, bike, etc.

Reviews

Paper Mario: Sticker Star:9999
Yakuza 5:10101010

http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-3023.html

Aeana

So basically they want Yakuza to sell well.

Sega had a lot of money to spend on Yakuza review
I think this might be a case of Famitsu editors trying to push the game rather than Sega actually paying for it. Sega isn't doing too well lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if the editors decided to push it a little bit harder. It's something they've apparently done before.

Western Media would never give such ridiculous scoring.
Famitsu should be ignored and mocked.

Now 'scuse me I'm off to read up on some proper games...DAT 10/10 Eurogamer!

Paper Mario: Sticker Star:9999

To think I sent fucking Doritos!

sphinx

the piano man
Famitsu scores don't hold weight anymore.

I am actually curious,

I've been listening/reading this since nintendogs (how many years, now? 6?) and the scores seem to hold some weight in Japan.

can Japan-GAF confirm whether my quote (Zaventem's Post) is right or wrong?

creid

Do Famitsu threads ever develop beyond "lol Famitsu reviews" "38/40? looks like ____ got their check in on time" or "30/40? looks like ____'s check bounced?" I've never stuck around long enough to find out.

Aeana

wait so we are cool with Famitsu Scores again?
Where have you gotten that idea?

I am actually curious,

I've been listening/reading this since nintendogs (how many years, now? 6?) and the scores seem to hold some weight in Japan.

can Japan-GAF confirm whether my quote (Zaventem's Post) is right or wrong?
Famitsu's scores are not given based on the quality of the game. They give scores based on advertising budget and personal feelings of the editing staff about wanting people to give a game a chance. The 40 means a fair bit to the average gamer in Japan, for some reason, even though the reviews themselves are full of fluff and no real commentary.

I need a chart that shows the increase in 40/40s Famitsu has been giving over the years. Feels like it's skyrocketted in the past year or so.

Osawari Tantei Nameko Daihanjou
3DS
- Success developed
- End of February 2013 release
- Has local and internet play
- This is originally a browser game, but it's being ported to 3DS with new stuff added.

WOAH, Success is ALIVE?! o_O

I'll be, I guess after around 2008-2009 they went mobile exclusive and out of the mainstream scene, nice to see them crawl back out for another go. :)

creid

I need a chart that shows the increase in 40/40s Famitsu has been giving over the years. Feels like it's skyrocketted in the past year or so.

E5kNp.png

Source: http://firsthour.net/editorial/the-famitsu-40-40-list-2011-perfect-score-update

I think this might be a case of Famitsu editors trying to push the game rather than Sega actually paying for it. Sega isn't doing too well lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if the editors decided to push it a little bit harder. It's something they've apparently done before.

Oh, that's actually what I was implying.

Famitsu is somewhat blatant about wanting to push games with the potential to sell very well in Japan to revitalize the industry a bit. If people aren't playing games, they sure aren't reading about them.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Famitsu may be lacking in integrity, but Y5 is going to be fucking incredible.
My thoughts exactly, or at least I really hope it will be. I also really hope that it'll come over here so I can see how fucking incredible it is for myself.

Yakuza 5 is gonna be awesome. I need to pick up Dead Souls this weekend.
Don't do it. It's not an actively bad game, but it's so incredibly boring that it's disappointing and even slightly disheartening. I really enjoyed the Japanese demo too, but Dead Souls has a slew of problems that made me too apathetic to continue past the first act.

Edit: Toto edited. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
They did it for Platinum Games, didn't they?

Top Bottom