• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Famitsu] Ratings and News, 2007/10/26

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
sp0rsk said:
You guys are so short sighted.

Mario Galaxy is the hardcore game from Nintendo. While Nintendo still provides hardcore games for hardcore gamers, they can't possibly get Famitsu to hand out two 40/40s.

I won't say what will get a 40/40 this season, but I think you all know what to blame anyway.

We all know what will get a 40/40 and that SMG didn't. Personally, I think that's a dead on shame.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
On a side note, it would be crazy for Namco to release the new idolmaster without some crazy ass movie editor.

h3ro

Warhawk... :(
Those Famitsu guys from the Japanese PSN store videos seemed to be having a great time!!
I guess the violence was too pointless or something.

reilo said:
AC6 > Warhawk? Really?

Really simple explanation: (I haven't played AC6 myself, but...) AC6 is made in Japan, pointed mostly toward an eastern audience with the western audience as a tack-on. Vice versa for Warhawk. It's pointed toward more of a western audience, not so much Japan.

Anyways, take these scores with a grain of salt. Don't freak out about it. EGM gave bad scores to AC6 apparently. It all evens out.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
If I recall correctly, Famitsu didn't even give Mario 64 a 40/40. No worries.

Bebpo

Banned
GAZERK said:
Really simple explanation: (I haven't played AC6 myself, but...) AC6 is made in Japan, pointed mostly toward an eastern audience with the western audience as a tack-on. Vice versa for Warhawk. It's pointed toward more of a western audience, not so much Japan.

Anyways, take these scores with a grain of salt. Don't freak out about it. EGM gave bad scores to AC6 apparently. It all evens out.

More like AC6 has a single player.

Not that I disagree AC6 > Warhawk. AC6 isn't even out yet so who knows.

Jonnyram

Houkago Shonen (After School Schoolboy)
Konami, 2008/1/31, DS, Adventure game

Set in Showa 50 (1975), in a town in the countryside.
Boy finds out he is moving to far away in a month's time.
Nostalgic adventure game with lots of famous songs from that time.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Mandoric said:
Idolm@ster Live for You! (X360, Bandai Namco, undetermined date)

* Switches things up; you're now in charge of and judged on coordinating members, clothing and props, music for her live performances.
* Packaged with original animation DVD and remixed song versions
* Completion 60%

Damn, I was hoping for a PS3 announcement.

At least the PS3 is region free so I could actually play the damn game.

Dali

Nash said:
Smash Bros.
Wii Fit

Place your bets ...

Forgot all about Smash Brothers - The Wii's last hope.

Nintendo may actually have to release more than one main title featuring a mascot... or resurrect Pit.

Pachael

sp0rsk said:
You guys are so short sighted.

Mario Galaxy is the hardcore game from Nintendo. While Nintendo still provides hardcore games for hardcore gamers, they can't possibly get Famitsu to hand out two 40/40s. So, Nintendo's priorities being what they are, they decided to get famitsu to 40/40 some other game.

I won't say what will get a 40/40 this season, but I think you all know what to blame anyway.

I blame Wii Fit. Oh wai-

3rdman said:
I was going to say WOW and then I realized that this was Famitsu. Might as well be a review from Play...

How long could it possibly take you to realize it was famistu, when it says it on the title of the thread you clicked??

Nice Score for mario and ace combat 6

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
voodoojohn said:
was famitsu around for smw?

Famitsu was the the main reason behind EGM's founding, they wanted to have an "American Famitsu"

They have been around for a DAMN long time.

carlos

It may just be the famitsu reviewers got killed by invisible tanks and pwnd online, that's why they scored it low? (Warhawk)

Hcoregamer00 said:
Famitsu was the the main reason behind EGM's founding, they wanted to have an "American Famitsu"

They have been around for a DAMN long time.

wait isnt the Famitsu name taken from Famicom in a way?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
SDZeta said:
Can't wait to see why 2 reviewers gave MG a 9.

"I like the colours. Jumping feel good! Make me sick ;_; 9"

"Planets very pretty! I like flying. GAF will hate me. I will laugh 9"

Aeana

I know there are a few Ys fans here,

Spring 08 - Ys DS (Interchannel Holon)
Spring 08 - Ys 2 DS (Interchannel Holon)

from the Famitsu release list. Let's just hope these aren't as crappy as the Taito PS2 remakes.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jonnyram said:
So, basically Twilight Princess > Super Mario Galaxy

What? Didn't both versions get 38?

Also, SSBB has no chance in hell to get a perfect score from ANY major reviewer, awesome as it may be.

3rdman

edwardslane said:
How long could it possibly take you to realize it was famistu, when it says it on the title of the thread you clicked??

Nice Score for mario and ace combat 6
Clearly I was being selective in my attention for the sake of comedy. :p

Jonnyram

Hcoregamer00 said:
Damn, I was hoping for a PS3 announcement.

At least the PS3 is region free so I could actually play the damn game.
Why not just buy a J360? A core costs about $245 from Nov.1.

well I guess they are in line with the scores they give major Mario games so meh

as long as it scored better than NSMB

can't wait for the Japanese sales on this one Oh boy :lol

Top Bottom