• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Famitsu] Ratings and News, 2007/10/26

Jonnyram

opoona.gif

Idolm@ster Live for You
viploader498655.jpg

After school schoolboy
viploader498657.jpg

Ys
viploader498658.jpg

Aeana

So... the Ys games look like the Eternal versions, but in 3D. The portrait art and stuff is from the Eternal games, and the areas look just like the Eternal areas... but... they're in 3D now.

Please don't suck. :|

ethelred

The Ys I and II remakes look really nice, at least. Hopefully they turn out well.

Can't say I care too much for the Afterschool Boy art, but at least it's cool to see Konami jumping on the adventure game bandwagon with this and Time Hollow, after all the success Capcom and Level-5 have been seeing with it.

haircut

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh good, I can dress 15 year old girls up as cows.
Did that game where you rub the witches' skirts to make them heat up and blush ever come out? Can I anticipate a US release?

Sorry OffTopic but doesn't warrant its own thread.

EDIT: thank you icecream. Can't read Japanese, alas.

icecream

Public Health Threat
haircut said:
Did that game where you rub the witches' skirts to make them heat up and blush ever come out? Can I anticipate a US release?

Sorry OffTopic but doesn't warrant its own thread.
If you're referring to this then yes, it did. Don't expect a US release.

IM@S scan is cut off. :(

carlos

interesting ys scans.....do you think they'll keep the old school battle method (running into enemies) or will they change it to ys 6 and ys 3 remake style?

Aeana

carlos said:
interesting ys scans.....do you think they'll keep the old school battle method (running into enemies) or will they change it to ys 6 and ys 3 remake style?

Since they appear to be 3D-izations of the Eternal games, yes; I think they'll keep the old battle style. Only Falcom is allowed to reimagine their games... Taito tried it, and look what happened.

Jirotrom

Famitsu fails.... Galaxy is destined to receive all 10s its obvious that there has been some type of typo or user error.

john tv

Bebpo said:
The Ys games are being released seperately and at 5040yen each?

lolololz, it's like FF PSP all over again.
Absolutely absurd. That's arguably too much for both of them together, let alone individually.

But Japanese consumers love to take it up the ass, and until that changes, stuff like this will keep happening...

Aeana

john tv said:
Absolutely absurd. That's arguably too much for both of them together, let alone individually.

But Japanese consumers love to take it up the ass, and until that changes, stuff like this will keep happening...

It absolutely is absurd, since I paid just a bit more than that for them individually almost a decade ago and you can get them TOGETHER for less than that now. ...However, I'll pay it for Ys 2 if it ends up being a good remake, because I love that game so much and having it portable would be awesome.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the LO team doesnt look the most potent fighting force...game looks nice though

last years demo was technically up and down , and the battle engine was very rough, but apparently all sorted.

The rolling trailers at TGS made the game look every bit a Final Fantasy game as it could be, which is quite an achievement.

Probably sell like fried turds, but it really does look to be a game the Japanese would like (if it wasn`t on the X360)

MCD

DCharlie said:
last years demo was technically up and down , and the battle engine was very rough, but apparently all sorted.

The rolling trailers at TGS made the game look every bit a Final Fantasy game as it could be, which is quite an achievement.

Probably sell like fried turds, but it really does look to be a game the Japanese would like (if it wasn`t on the X360)

I think he was talking about the party members, or am i wrong?

icecream

Public Health Threat
A DCharlie impression tossed in doesn't hurt though. :p

But yeah, they do look like they come from all over.

Jesus, how many times do I have to buy Ys I & II?

Also, Afterschool Boy looks like a potentially successful concept for Konami...Layton fans might buy it or something. Who's working on it? That other random Konami DS adventure game at TGS was by the Suikoden chick and had music by Yamaoka!~

McDragon said:
I think he was talking about the party members, or am i wrong?

yeah I was haha...Im actually liking the look of this game now, despite some reservations...I really need an epic rpg. Shame I won't likely play this one, but if I had a 360, I would def pick it up

ciccione

So...why not a 40/40 from Famitsu? I didn't see in the reviewer's comments any bad thing about it.
Actually, I want a perfect score for this game from everyone.

pswii60

ciccione said:
So...why not a 40/40 from Famitsu? I didn't see in the reviewer's comments any bad thing about it.

Perhaps because two of the reviewers felt it was a 9/10 game.

Mandoric said:
RATINGS:
Mario Galaxy 109910 PLAYTIME: As long as you damn well want
* Keeps up the feeling of "I wanna see what's in the next level!"
* Gladually builds up things available in game, keeping a good difficulty balance and level design.
* Gravity change gimmicks and special actions improve boss fights.
* Wiimote controls work almost too well
* Tempo is abnormally good
* Just being able to point and gather star pieces in exhilerating.
* Game everyone can enjoy.

What does it really say for playtime?

Wait a minute... What the fuck? I think my monitor fucked up cause I seem 101099.... And last time I checked that doesn't add up to 50 points...

dr3upmushroom said:
Wait a minute... What the fuck? I think my monitor fucked up cause I seem 101099.... And last time I checked that doesn't add up to 50 points...
YEA! And it doesn't add up to 40 either! Those dirty bastards!

linsivvi

Amir0x said:
They never mattered. Ever! Who said they did? Lies.

The only thing Famitsu is good for, and this has been established for a long line going back since the magazine began, is news. Famitsu reveals lots of stuff with news.

And their walkthroughs. Some of them are really well done and detailed.

Mandoric

Banned
HiroProtagonist said:
What does it really say for playtime?

That's a good question. The reliable guy I'm mostly getting info from basically said that, but it's my paraphrase in English of his paraphrase in Japanese of Famitsu who may or may not have actually said much about it.

Mandoric said:
That's a good question. The reliable guy I'm mostly getting info from basically said that, but it's my paraphrase in English of his paraphrase in Japanese of Famitsu who may or may not have actually said much about it.
That's how I feel about any main series Mario game... I can pick up Mario 64, Super Mario World, or any of the nes ones and pick up where I left off an hour, a week, a month or years ago.

Tristam

ciccione said:

Heh, whatever you believe about how Famitsu's scores are calculated (based on publisher monies, which is where the "I blame Wii Fit" comes into play here, or based on actual opinion), it's still a great score -- one point less than Mario 64 and one point greater than Mario Sunshine. I wouldn't complain.

Top Bottom