• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Famitsu] Ratings and News, 2007/10/26

sp0rsk said:
You guys are so short sighted.

Mario Galaxy is the hardcore game from Nintendo. While Nintendo still provides hardcore games for hardcore gamers, they can't possibly get Famitsu to hand out two 40/40s. So, Nintendo's priorities being what they are, they decided to get famitsu to 40/40 some other game.

I won't say what will get a 40/40 this season, but I think you all know what to blame anyway.

I blame Wii Motorsports.

icecream

Public Health Threat
kay said:
You can't order those at that price as no online retailer would do it.
The price hasn't dropped yet, it will. I would expect online retailers to reflect the new pricing.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oblivion said:
What? Didn't both versions get 38?

Also, SSBB has no chance in hell to get a perfect score from ANY major reviewer, awesome as it may be.

I dunno, Famitsu like their games stuffed with extras.

And Smash Bros. includes just about everything, including the kitchen sink, a trophy of said sink, and ability to play against other sinks online.

ethelred

Aeana said:
I know there are a few Ys fans here,

Spring 08 - Ys DS (Interchannel Holon)
Spring 08 - Ys 2 DS (Interchannel Holon)

from the Famitsu release list. Let's just hope these aren't as crappy as the Taito PS2 remakes.

I'm not familiar with Interchannel Hollan. Is that Interchannel NEC? In any event, it's a bit hard to get excited by yet another new version of Ys 1 and 2 at this point. Maybe if it was 4 and 5...

carlos

ethelred said:
I'm not familiar with Interchannel Hollan. Is that Interchannel NEC? In any event, it's a bit hard to get excited by yet another new version of Ys 1 and 2 at this point. Maybe if it was 4 and 5...

Indeed, the definitive version of Ys 1+2 is Eternal Complete on PC, the ds version will probably be a step backwards....

Now 4 + 5 I would've definitely been interested in

Aeana

ethelred said:

They're apparently related to NEC Interchannel, according to Wikipedia.
And I'm always up for new versions of Ys 2, especially portable ones. I'd love a DS port of Ys 2 Eternal. :\ I have a feeling that these new versions are going to suck, though.

rakka

smg review summary

スーパーマリオギャラクシーレビュー

・「つぎのマップはどんな仕掛けが!?」といった興味が尽きず、のめり込んでしまう
・徐々にやることが増えていく難易度のバランスやマップ構成もお見事
・独特の重力を使ったギミック&アクションの数々とボス戦の楽しさはさすが
・Wiiリモコンを快適すぎるほどに使わせている点もグッド
・テンポも非常にいい
・Wiiリモコンでポイントするだけでスターピースをガンガン集められ、
それだけでも爽快な気分を味わえる
・本当に誰にでも楽しめるゲームです

Bebpo

Banned
So D3 is coming out on N1's usual yearly schedule. For some reason I thought they'd have 2 srpgs in the upcoming year: 1 PS3, 1 PS2/Wii.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
icecream said:
You lack love.

And the heart to shell $400 for a game I could barely understand.

I could stomach paying $70 for the game, but I don't like the idea of having buying a Japanese XBOX 360 to play it alongside an American XBOX 360.

Jonnyram said:
Why not just buy a J360? A core costs about $245 from Nov.1.

Yeah, I just have $245 lying there just waiting to be spent on a console that would be used for this game and the region free NA X360 games.

Sharp

BlackTyrano said:
Seems Nintendo isn't as well-off financially as you all thought.
No, just saving their moneyhats. If there's one thing that's actually indisputable it's that Nintendo has far too much money.

rakka said:
smg review summary

スーパーマリオギャラクシーレビュー

・テンポも非常にいい
それだけでも爽快な気分を味わえる
・本当に誰にでも楽しめるゲームです

Oh man, I dont like that part about the game being too short and the waggle control gettin tedious after 30 minutes. At least they had postive things to say about the flower design.

rakka said:
smg review summary

スーパーマリオギャラクシーレビュー

・テンポも非常にいい
それだけでも爽快な気分を味わえる
・本当に誰にでも楽しめるゲームです

"As for the following map what kind of setting up wound! ? "With the interest which was said not to run out, fall flat forward and be packed doing it finishes, gradually the point and the good tempo where the numbers of the gimmick & the action which also balance and map constitution of the degree of hardness where keeps increasing used beautiful unique gravity and enjoyment of boss game as expected Wii remote control make the extent use which is too comfortable very it just points with good Wii remote control ringing be able to gather the star piece, with just that and refreshing feeling to anyone can be enjoyed can be tasted, truly it is the game which"

God I LOVE Babelfish.

rakka said:
smg review summary

?????????????????

????????????????!??????????????????????
????????????????????????????????
??????????????&????????????????????
?Wii????????????????????????
??????????
?Wii??????????????????????????????
????????????????
?????????????????

I they say anything bad about the game they must die. lucky I can't read moon languages

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Just glancing over it

Wii controls are great
Good pacing.
Truely is a game anyone can pick up and play.
Totally refreshing.
Difficulty and Maps balanced to perfection
The feeling of wondering what crazy thing the next planet will bring runs throughout the game.

Bebpo

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, I just have $245 lying there just waiting to be spent on a console that would be used for this game and the region free NA X360 games.

So you mean every game.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
TheGreatDave said:
"As for the following map what kind of setting up wound! ? "With the interest which was said not to run out, fall flat forward and be packed doing it finishes, gradually the point and the good tempo where the numbers of the gimmick & the action which also balance and map constitution of the degree of hardness where keeps increasing used beautiful unique gravity and enjoyment of boss game as expected Wii remote control make the extent use which is too comfortable very it just points with good Wii remote control ringing be able to gather the star piece, with just that and refreshing feeling to anyone can be enjoyed can be tasted, truly it is the game which"

God I LOVE Babelfish.

Well that explains the 38

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sp0rsk said:
Just glancing over it

Wii controls are great
Good pacing.
Totally refreshing.

Did the 9's say it lacks online multi player?

Hcoregamer00

sp0rsk said:
Just glancing over it

Wii controls are great
Good pacing.
Totally refreshing.

STOP IT, you are making it harder for me to not buy a Wii before Smash Bros. Brawl.

Sharp

sp0rsk said:
Just glancing over it

Wii controls are great
Good pacing.
Totally refreshing.
-2/40 for Wii Fit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Wii remote is refreshing!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Opoona:
オプーナレビュー
・見た目のかわいさとは裏腹に、昔のRPGを彷彿とさせる難易度
・ボールを弾くバトルも新鮮かつ高難度で、工夫し甲斐がある
・能動的に街の人々と会話をしていかないとゲームが進まない
昔気質な作りですが"ゲームを解く楽しみ"的なものを感じます
・音楽はスバラシイの一言
・サブ的な遊びが非常に多い
・仕事やライセンスの授受は少々回りくどいかも
・戦闘時は、つねに時間が経過するため、テンポはよいが難度は高め

Apparently the game is hard and the music is awesome? Interest +50! :D

Hcoregamer00

titiklabingapat said:
Oh, you should totally check page 14 of the official SMG thread and look for Ami's posts.

No, I refuse to go into that thread because that will make me do something I will regret.

Buying a Wii before Brawl comes out.

:(

ethelred

Aeana said:
They're apparently related to NEC Interchannel, according to Wikipedia.
And I'm always up for new versions of Ys 2, especially portable ones. I'd love a DS port of Ys 2 Eternal. :\ I have a feeling that these new versions are going to suck, though.

Yeah, I imagine they will, too. Shame.

sp0rsk said:
Just glancing over it

Wii controls are great
Good pacing.
Totally refreshing.
The feeling of wondering what crazy thing the next planet will bring runs throughout the game.

:faints:

copy post to official thread

Jonnyram

Hcoregamer00 said:
Really, every NA game can be used on a Japanese XBOX 360?
If you own a US 360 already, I can see it being a difficult decision, but if you don't own a US 360 yet, the JP 360 is the way to go. You can get nearly all US games in Asia format (from play-asia or NCSX, etc). Asian versions are usually in English, released around the same time as the US version, and are $10 cheaper, plus playable on a JP 360. There are also a lot of region free US games nowadays... and on top of all that, you can play the JP games too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Looks really cute and but is as hard as any classic RPG.
Battles feel quite new, but can get tedious.
You must talk to the villiagers to advance in the game. It seems like kind of an old mechanic, but its one of the more fun parts of the game.
Awesome music.
Lots of side quests?
Getting liscenses and jobs are indirect??? (Sounds like youll be doing a lot of back and forth.)
Fast paced and hard battles

Top Bottom