• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu scans ( ASH ...... etc )

king zell

17p7073.jpg

Note: each scans is around 1.5 mb

NDS
Archaic Sealed Heat (1)
Archaic Sealed Heat (2)
Archaic Sealed Heat (3)
Archaic Sealed Heat (4)
Code Geass (1)
Code Geass (2)
Sonic Rush Adventures (1)
Sonic Rush Adventures (2)

PS3
Tears to Tiara (1)
Tears to Tiara (2)
Tears to Tiara (3)
Tears to Tiara (4)
Tears to Tiara (5)

Wii
Project Rygar (1)
Project Rygar (2)
SIMPLE wii vol.1
SIMPLE wii vol.2
No More Heros (1)
No More Heros (2)
Zack and Wiki (1)
Zack and Wiki (2)

Freaking ASH. It's like when the idiot football player get a 99% on his calculus test. You know he's cheating, it's just a matter of figuring out how.

HOW YOU DO IT MISTWALKER

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hahaha that Simple series fishing game looks SUBSTANTIALLY better than any of the actual fishing games shown for Wii.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ash = best looking DS 3-D yet! I love the color palette, as well. Has a very sophisticated look that reminds me of something like Vagrant Story.

Xellos

flipping_heck said:
Buddha and Jesus rol- wait a minute, you're not neo!!

:lol @ NMH scan 2, nice way to save a game..

:lol, yeah I caught that too. Why hasn't this game been picked up for NA yet?

djtiesto said:
Ash = best looking DS 3-D yet! I love the color palette, as well. Has a very sophisticated look that reminds me of something like Vagrant Story.
errr. it's not 3D; it's prerendered. That's known for ages.

Busaiku

Aqua Plus also developed To Heart and Comic Party, so does this mean lots of dialogue (and a choose your woman ending)?

Thoren

Banned
WHOA. Ash is a SRPG? (Look at the pic on the first page).

Also, those Famitsu guys look like they're having a lot of fun on the second scan :lol, Usually JRPGs don't make you laugh out like that just from playing them. Maybe ASH is the opposite of Cry On where it makes you laugh every 15 minutes.

jman2050

No comments on Sonic? What was the name of his new shitty friend again? It seems to be listed in the first scan, but like I could read Japanese.

Looks pretty good though, although they seem to be putting a lot of focus into all the 3D crap. Just give me Sonic Rush 2 and be done with it Sega :(

Jirotrom said:
Why...I thought it looked great.

since when is pre-rendered CG not 3-d?
what? since ever.
They are sprites, animations, images. It doesn't matter how you create them, pixel, draw, prerender, fotograph; they are flat and unchangeable. See Diablo or Starcraft. Not 3D. Backgrounds in Resident Evil are prerendered too (several layers, with lighting, animation etc). There's nearly no CPU power needed to bring them on screen.

jman2050 said:
No comments on Sonic? What was the name of his new shitty friend again? It seems to be listed in the first scan, but like I could read Japanese.

Looks pretty good though, although they seem to be putting a lot of focus into all the 3D crap. Just give me Sonic Rush 2 and be done with it Sega :(
That's new shitty friend, Marin. Or Malin. You pick.

Saoh

uh-oh, UH-OH, Neo is being surpassed!

ASH looks amazing :O i cant believe that´s on DS. cant wait for No More Heroes too.

duckroll

Okay, gave the long interview a good read. I'll translate some interesting details.

- The game is supposed to be more realistic and serious, hence the requirement for pre-rendered movies, sprites, and voice.

- The game's theme and tone are very different from Blue Dragon.

- It's a mix of RPG commands and Simulation RPG strategy maps. You form teams of up to 3 characters with a leader, and it's represented as a single unit on the map. You can have up to 5 teams at the same time later.

- When you engage enemies on the battlefield, instead of a one-to-one attack like in a normal strategy game, it switches to a team battle encounter like a RPG, menu driven.

- As it is a strategy RPG, everything is governed by Action Points. AP is shared between an entire team, not individual characters.

- There are two types of characters - main characters and ash warriors. Only main characters who are actual living beings and story characters can be team leaders.

- Ash warriors are considered as troops in your army which can level up and gain skills. When you're satisfied with their development you can then absorb them into a main character to transfer the powers. Absorbed ash warriors are lost forever.

- First 2 Gigabit DS rom. They really need the space.

- Like any other strategy RPG, there will be field skills that you can use on the battlefield itself, as well as support magic that allows one team to boost the stats of another team, etc.

- Mistwalker seems to actually be developing the entire game themselves this time. Release date is definitely within 2007 in Japan.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Crow-kun said:
Yay more budget PS3 games......

*sigh*

Looks awesome, are we looking at the same scans?

duckroll said:
Okay, gave the long interview a good read. I'll translate some interesting details.

- The game is supposed to be more realistic and serious, hence the requirement for pre-rendered movies, sprites, and voice.

- First 2 Gigabit DS rom. They really need the space.

- Mistwalker seems to actually be developing the entire game themselves this time. Release date is definitely within 2007 in Japan.

WOW!!!!

The game has lots of pre-rendered movies and voice acting?

The first 256 MB cartridge and the fact that it is made by Mistwalker is just plain great.

Scum

I swear, heads will roll @ NoE if No More Heroes doesn't or takes too long to show up in Yoorope! 8'|

Top Bottom