• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu scans ( ASH ...... etc )

xcomp

Cheers King!

Sonic Rush is looking good but don't think I'll be playing it. ASH much better.

Hmmm... A Flaming Serpent is running rampant across the land, turning people into ash. Why is it doing this? Why are these people being revived as Ash Warriors? Interesting enough.

I like the part about how one team buffs up another in a way similar to an MMORPG. Seems there will be boss battles where you'll have to count on buffs from the support team while the melee team attacks too.

And for the Code Geass Anime fans like myself...

"Code Geass, Hangyaku no Lelouch", Adventure RPG.

The game is composed of 3 parts. An adventure part where you speak to characters to obtain information (expect scenes from the show), exploring a map and taking control of a Knightmare.

Story will be the same and you will be able to use the Geass by speaking into the DS. There are various commands that Lelouch can give out and one of them is "Jiketsu shiro! (Kill yourself!)" You'll need to plan out what commands to give out to the enemy. Your team members can also be moved via simple voice commands such as "Kita da! (Go north!)". Sometimes they will not obey your mysterious voice and you'll have to make them collect some items. You basically have to guide your characters to the end goal.

Knightmare battles take place when you encounter enemies. You give out commands from the touch screen and you can shout out a team member's name to ask for support.

Looks bad. Wanted a good game with an original story but oh well.

Avalon

distantmantra said:
Tears to Tiara, looks like a turn-based JRPG, right? I'm sure it's crap, though.

Nice to see some stuff new stuff on the PS3. It does look mind-blowingly generic though.

Meh, about ASH, looks like another heroine stripping for attention. There is way too much of 'em. I wish we got a female hero that is a bit more....covered.

Alicia from Valkyrie Profile 2 covered those basis well enough.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Spirit Icana said:
Meh, about ASH, looks like another herioine stripping for attention. There is way too much of 'em. I wish we got a female hero that is a bit more....covered.

Alicia from Valkyrie Profile 2 covered those basis well enough.

As much as I do like the idea of a female heroine, it would be nice if they could be sexy and wear clothes befitting of someone who will be on an epic adventure like Lenneth or Alicia.

valkyrie_profile_lenneth_003.jpg

mystina.jpg

M3d10n

Thoren said:
I didn't even think 1gb carts were being made yet.

Thanks for all the info.

There's a lot DS games using 1Gbit carts. Resident Evil, Fell the Magic 2, Final Fantasy 3, Hotel Dusk, Lunar Knights, EBA/Ouendan, Dragon Quest Monster J, both Bleach games, etc, as well as an even larger amount of Japanese non-games and weird games.

There are actually many more 1Gbit DS games than 256Mbit GBA games (the largest cart size supported by the GBA). The different interface and memory technology makes 1Gbit DS carts pretty more affordable than 256Mbit GBA carts used to be. Larger DS carts can also become available as memory prices go down (like now), since they aren't limited by access interface like the GBA carts were.

Hcoregamer00

M3d10n said:
There's a lot DS games using 1Gbit carts. Resident Evil, Fell the Magic 2, Final Fantasy 3, Hotel Dusk, Lunar Knights, EBA/Ouendan, Dragon Quest Monster J, both Bleach games, etc, as well as an even larger amount of Japanese non-games and weird games.

There are actually many more 1Gbit DS games than 256Mbit GBA games (the largest cart size supported by the GBA). The different interface and memory technology makes 1Gbit DS carts pretty more affordable than 256Mbit GBA carts used to be. Larger DS carts can also become available as memory prices go down (like now), since they aren't limited by access interface like the GBA carts were.

Bingo, which is surprising since they said in their press release that 1 gigabit was the maximum storage capacity.

Could we have some infos on Tears to Tiara please? Is it confirmed that it's a port of the PC version? How is the combat system, turn based or realtime? And most importantly: was the PC version good or bad?

It's a turn-based simulation-RPG like Tactics Ogre/Fire Emblem/FFT etc etc. It's a remake of the PC version but with some drastic changes (the PC version was an RTS and had entirely 2D graphics and a different story and music).

So I've been interested in A.S.H. from its dubious (haha, I said "doobie") beginnings, but now I'm officially hyped. Even though that girl is going to flop out fighting dragons or whatever she's fighting and there appears to be a klansman in scan four. But I guess I can deal with those things, because the game looks pretty.

In other news, E3 has enveloped NeoGAF in this dark cloud of Wii abandoning everything that resembles anything called a "video game," but I'm reminded of how much traditional gamers have to look forward to in Zak & Wiki and No More Heroes. They're both full-fledged adventures that I want to put in my Wii, and vice versa.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I like Mistwalker, it's like having two Square Enix, which means more choice and less "forcing myself to buy this new RPG cause it's all there is".

duckroll

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
Is this in the same invisible text section that stated that Cavia was no longer doing Cry On?

Well, I guess. :lol

Sakaguchi actually says that he's the executive producer and that he's overseeing the entire development. Meanwhile Kensuke Tanaka (marketing producer for FFTA and Blue Dragon) is the producer for the game. For the main scenario they both sat down and discussed it, but it's mainly Sakaguchi's idea and story. At no point anywhere is another developer mentioned though, so who knows.

ASH is looking quite good. I'm not having my taste buds sated by the character art, though. In particular, the two girls, fairy wings and rabbit maid asdf or some shit, respectively. Expected though, perhaps. The rest are a mix.

However, most importantly the main heroine is settling well within my preferences. I get an Ashelia B'nargin elegance from her; aesthetically, that is, their similar setting aside.

The new RPG for PS3... Truth be blatant, I don't really care how it looks at this point; the platform simply needs RPGs of any kind asap.

Hcoregamer00

callous said:
I couldn't be more hyped for ASH even if it came with a bar of gold packed in.

GAME LET ME PLAY YOU.

Why would you need that, the game is 10 levels of awesome without it.

I <3 Mistwalker, with Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey they are turning out to be one of my favorite developers.

Ether_Snake said:
I like Mistwalker, it's like having two Square Enix, which means more choice and less "forcing myself to buy this new RPG cause it's all there is".
Yeah, and one of the Square-Enixes is actually making RPGs that aren't Final Fantasy or FF spinoffs. It almost restores order to the universe.

Hcoregamer00

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yeah, and one of the Square-Enixes is actually making RPGs that aren't Final Fantasy or FF spinoffs. It almost restores order to the universe.

Exactly, all is calm in the world.

Too bad they aren't doing PSP games.

Hcoregamer00

Mr. Pointy said:
ASH looks ****ing mindblowing. Seriously, it looks better than some earlier PS2 games. Art direction > everything.

I wouldn't go that far, but it looks leagues better than any other DS game.

Thoren

Banned
I hope Mistwalker can make games that represent some of Squaresoft's old glory. I haven't been satisfied with Final Fantasy games after the PSX era. Stupid Vaan and Tidus, lame characters to appeal to yaoi obsessed fangirls.

callous

Thoren said:
I hope Mistwalker can make games that represent some of Squaresoft's old glory. I haven't been satisfied with Final Fantasy games after the PSX era. Stupid Vaan and Tidus, lame characters to appeal to yaoi obsessed fangirls.
My thoughts exactly, and I think they're going to deliver.

Hcoregamer00

Thoren said:

Well, SquareEnix did do Valkyrie Profile 2 which was pure awesomeness for 4/5ths of the game until it fell apart at the end.

Aside from that it would be nice if they could do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level stuff. That may be asking for too much, but at least I am not asking for SNES level Square, that is just impossible for any RPG developer.

Thoren

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, SquareEnix did do Valkyrie Profile 2 which was pure awesomeness for 4/5ths of the game until it fell apart at the end.

That was Tri-Ace dude!

edit: Uwaa! Beaten ¯&#969;¯

Hcoregamer00 said:

Aside from that it would be nice if they could do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level stuff. That may be asking for too much, but at least I am not asking for SNES level Square, that is just impossible for any RPG developer.
Square can't do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level stuff any more because Nintendo bought the people who did that awesome shit.

Also, ASH is a million seller.

Hcoregamer00

Thoren said:
That was Tri-Ace dude!

They published it

Mr. Pointy said:
Square can't do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level stuff any more because Nintendo bought the people who did that awesome shit.

Also, ASH is a million seller.

So why isn't Nintendo making them do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level RPG's? That is one genre the Wii needs more than anything. Heck, in TGS the wii-domination should lead to some RPG announcements (Tales of the Abyss 2 please?) but I want to see Nintendo publish some mature stuff.

Thoren

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
They published it

So why isn't Nintendo making them do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level RPG's. That is one genre the Wii needs more than anything.

1. Square Enix published the Tri-Ace game, you have it backwards!

2. They could with the right pushing.. Xenosaga 3 wasn't that bad, Baten Kaitos rocked! They just had low production values.

Hcoregamer00

Thoren said:
1. Square Enix published the Tri-Ace game, you have it backwards!

2. They could with the right pushing.. Xenosaga 3 wasn't that bad, Baten Kaitos rocked! They just had low production values.

Tsk tsk tsk, I said Square Enix published the Tri-Ace game. I don't have anything backwards.

Barakov

Hcoregamer00 said:
So why isn't Nintendo making them do Xenogears and Chrono Cross level RPG's? That is one genre the Wii needs more than anything. Heck, in TGS the wii-domination should lead to some RPG announcements (Tales of the Abyss 2 please?) but I want to see Nintendo publish some mature stuff.

Wasn't there a Tales of Symphonia 2 rumor floating around?

manzo

XSamu said:
Tears of Tiara looks like a crap game

Of course it does. It's a port from a hentai game, when have they ever been decent?

Aquaplus' Tenerezza was actually a very nice action rpg on Xbox&PC. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
oh ASH, you look so sexcellent. I really wish there was some good video footage.

(stop getting excited for Tears of Tiara, it's a hentai game port)

Top Bottom