• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia: Music Evolved Announced (Disney/Harmonix, 360/XBO, Kinect, 2014)

oVerde

Banned
epMjGfz.gif

PG2G

I can't find anything that suggests that Microsoft is publishing this game.

I will say, even it if is... I'm glad their getting it out of the way before the conference lol

colinp

Banned
Destructoid said:
So far only five songs are confirmed: Avicii's "Levels", Bruno Mars' "Locked out of Heaven", Fun's "Some Nights", Kimbra's "Settle Down", and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". Not exactly the type of music that brings back memories of possessed broomsticks and baby Pegasus'. When asked why the heavy slant on contemporary songs, Sussman asserts that, "People think about [Fantasia] as a classical music based film, but that's because classical was largely the contemporary music of the 1940s. Rock wouldn't be invented for another 10 years, and while there was other contemporary stuff like jazz, which did make into the film, it was largely what was contemporary of the time."

Ahahahaha.

Ahahahahahahaha.

Ahahahaha.

Ok, I'm better now... Nope, ahahahahaha.

I can't find anything that suggests that Microsoft is publishing this game.

I will say, even it if is... I'm glad their getting it out of the way before the conference lol
If they are, what makes you think there won't be a segment in the conference with people playing it live?

Sydle

I love Fantasia and I love Harmonix. This will probably be really good.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. I will buy this.

Famassu

Where in the text of Disney Fantasia does it says "Has to be interpreted as a dark game for hardcore male gamers otherwise can not be associated with the movie"

As someone said: The movie is with classical music that is created by Mickey waving his hand around.

So taking the same concept with modern music is not "Misusing the brand" - it is.....wait for it......Evolving the concept.......aka Music Evolved.
Fantasia is synonymous with classical music, not the genre of the minute (dubstep) or shit that will be forgotten a year from now.

It has nothing to do with aiming for hardcore male gamers (as if they listen to classical music).

JudgeB

Banned
Whether it's one of the 15 is totally not clear.

To be fair, I'm yet to see any Microsoft rep say they're all Microsoft published. On the stage Phil Spencer said 15 exclusives.

Nothing specific. I suspect this AAA development counts.

If not, it's weird they didn't say 16 exclusives. If you see what I'm saying. Lots of people are going to discount all the Kinect games they see, becuase they don't want them.

One of the most important figures mentioned on stage during the press event was that Microsoft Game Studios will be releasing fifteen exclusive first-party games for Xbox One during its first year on sale, and eight of those will be brand new properties, not sequels. This is a huge number of internally-developed exclusives, considering the original Xbox and 360 had around half a dozen each in the same period.

"Yes, fifteen is a high number, and it's an aggressive and ambitious one," Davidson said. "I think it's a huge testament to the faith that Microsoft has in this platform. And that's not even counting third party! You'll hear about new third party games at E3, so that's going to be exciting too.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...-davidson-talks-xbox-live-20130529-2na3g.html

This might sound crazy but this is a honest MEGATON to me. I cherish Fantasia and the idea of a Project Eden esque merge between harmonix and Disney is giving me butterfly's

I think the chance of this being a bad game is zero. Dance Central was pretty much the only Kinect game I ever enjoyed, and this will probably be just as good.

But alas, that's not the issue here.
Haha, god I hope not.
But think of the gifs!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
This interests me greatly... may actually replace my busted 360 with a kinect version if this turns out to be good.

Have great faith in Harmonix and love the property.

halfbeast

Banned
This might sound crazy but this is a honest MEGATON to me. I cherish Fantasia and the idea of a Project Eden esque merge between harmonix and Disney is giving me butterfly's

yeah, but have you seen the video? it's a dubstep/karaoke-hits waggle game. I would've been excited if it were a mad maestro clone with ACTUAL conducting. but nah, let's have another gangnam/skrillex compilation disc.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Avicii? Avicii

1 million more Levels remixes incoming.

Also I need to see it in action. I like Fantasia but not like this.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of dissapointed after watching the trailer. I was really hoping for a take on classic Fantasia.

That's really the whole point with all our rage, honestly. If they had given it another name, like "Wave Your Hands Around Until The Music Stops And Take A Bow", then we probably wouldn't be pissed about this.

I just watched the trailer. I completely don't get it. Does Fantasia mean something different now? It's not a game about controlling an army of brooms? Or demons? To music? Would that not be cool?

That's really the whole point with all our rage, honestly. If they had given it another name, like "Wave Your Hands Around Until The Music Stops And Take A Bow", then we probably wouldn't be pissed about this.
Yeah. I mean it will still probably be a great game and I will still probably get it, but how much cooler would a classic Fantasia game be? I don't know. Maybe we'll get it as DLC at some point.

I just watched the trailer. I completely don't get it. Does Fantasia mean something different now? It's not a game about controlling an army of brooms? Or demons? To music? Would that not be cool?

The key phrase is "Inspired by Disney's Fantasia", i missed it at first. They've just bolted the Fantasia brand onto a music conductor game from the looks of it and added some sparkles.

Palm

Banned
The trailer is tragic.

Yet more Kinect nonsense. Harmonix are clearly running out of ideas.

No......

Harmonix is clearly trying to earn more money.

The production cost of a game like Dance Central is just a small portion of a classical Hardcore AAA game is.

And based on how many copies Dance Central has sold you can bet that it is one of the more profitable game series from last generation.

So it is not running out of ideas, it is simple good business.

Top Bottom