• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal |OT| The Land Before Towers

So I just finished this game.

With Far Cry 3 I loved the first part, but then when you got to the second island I was like "oh come on, I have to do all this shit a second time now?". Far Cry 4 I thought was a cheap and boring reskin and I got sick of the whole collectathon and tower crap.

Far Cry Primal however I thought was a fantastic game. The setting isn't just a reskin, they really managed to capture this primal feeling perfectly imo. Characters are interesting and positively bizarre, some of the environments and lighting are really beautiful, the overall mechanics are fun, the ancient animals are cool etc Also the game doesn't overstay its welcome which I also appreciated.

Yeah had a great time with it. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved how they managed to make the fry cry engine and pull it back away from guns and political intrigue of FC4.

Intel_89

Primal felt like a big pile of nothing, the combat was satisfying but there wasn't as much variety as in previous games because of the setting, which also dumbed down the story a lot. I mean you can't really come up with an expansive plot about cavemen but Primals plot was so straightforward that I didn't feel much once I finished it. Yeah I had fun with it, sure, it also looks gorgeous and plays really well but if you're looking to get more than that out of it you'll probably be disapointed.

Bunga

This happened to me too. I actually got pretty far into it, then I just lost all motivation to play. I think the combat just got to the point that it was not satisfying at all. Primal is probably the most time i put into a game that I never completed the main story to. Sadly I have no desire whatsoever to finish.

Exact same thing has happened to me. I think I was hooked while I was still unlocking upgrades/weaponry/companions/useful skills but my interest dropped off a cliff after the Beast Hunt quests specifically. I stopped doing the orange side quests pretty early on and I just have no interest in completing the Udam/Izila forts. I've had my fill of the game, I enjoyed what I played, but just nothing there to keep me going now. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it though because I didn't enjoy FC4 at all (loved FC3).

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
How do I escape that cave without the grappling hook?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Sun Walkers, right?

Swim under. Then in the other side I just booked it to the entrance.
That cave you fall when searching for Wogah. After he pisses on you lol

Edit: I got it...can't believe I missed the hook on the floor.

Late to the party here. I picked this up while on sale on the xbox, playing it on the X. I did not realize I would enjoy it as much as I am. Stellar game.

It's a little soft like Rainbow Six Seige in the resolution department but the gameplay is good and the environment is beautiful. The load times are great and I'm sure the X is helping in other ways, too. I was turned off by no weapons at first but barebones with a spear/club/bow and the beast master ability is a great implementation for this series. I'm about 4 hours in and glad I picked it up.

bati

Let me know your thoughts the further you get. I also just got this on sale but haven't even installed it yet.

Probably the best Far Cry game. Ubisoft's outlandish writing style for the series doesn't even seem out of place in Primal, it actually fits. The gameplay as well, bows and thrown weapons make for a much more engaging gameplay, especially if you incorporate stealth, compared to sniping people from over 300m in other Far Cry titles. Add a proper Survival mode on top, and throw Second Chance in the mix to get one of the best single player survival experiences available. Who knew open world games could be so intense when you got dozens of hours of progress on the line.

Top Bottom