• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works TV |OT| Now with no more posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Tsukihime zzz

Apocrypha would be an interesting project.

I really wanna read Fate/Strange fake, since it seems to have a pretty cool set of servants, both Gilgamesh and enkidu, strongest assassin, Dead apostle as a master. It's good hope it gets adapted when it's finished (if it isn't already no idea about how far it is).

Jarmel

Banned
I'm sure a Tsukihime anime is in the pipeline somewhere at Ufotable but they're waiting to either time the release of the anime with the updated VN for maximum hype.

Danj

Best girl
Best route
Hyped as fuck
BVa3aDr.png

Though in the game there is that one scene in Heavens Feel where Shiro is dreaming about her in the classroom :3 mind you Nasu's writing leaves a lot to be desired.

As I am a Type-Moon fan I am super excited for this and no amount of everyone else hating on it will dissuade me. I even managed to get the anime club I go to to watch Fate/Zero, even though it's totally not their sort of thing, and they didn't completely hate it, so maybe one day I'll get them to watch this Fate/Stay Night reboot.

I didn't mind the original F/SN anime that much, but the whole "CG dragons" incident struck me as being "oh shit guys we forgot this was an eroge, how do we deal with this scene? quick let's paste some CG in there". I liked Fate/Zero way more though, so I am excited to see F/SN redone with a Fate/Zero level of attention and quality.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Just saw that too and damn that's crazy, now I especially can't wait for the Berserker graveyard fight.

So many great will come out of this large budget can't wait

Finally, finally Shirou vs gil will be properly animated in all it's glory *crosses fingers

I didn't mind the original F/SN anime that much, but the whole "CG dragons" incident struck me as being "oh shit guys we forgot this was an eroge, how do we deal with this scene? quick let's paste some CG in there". I liked Fate/Zero way more though, so I am excited to see F/SN redone with a Fate/Zero level of attention and quality.

That CG Dragon is in the all-ages Realta Nua version. Just as it had the dolphins that showed up in the UBW movie.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So fucking hyped for this. I don't care if the source material is "bad" I still liked the UBW route the best.

So fucking hyped for this. I don't care if the source material is "bad" I still liked the UBW route the best.
The fact we're getting UBW now and Heaven's Feel sometimes later is so great.

Glad Fate is 'relegated' to some mobile thing that doesn't have to be paid attention to.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

As did I been waiting for a proper adaptation for 4 years after the DEEN disappointment. I entered with low expectations and they still managed to to go under them. Second season is going to be amazing.

As did I been waiting for a proper adaptation for 4 years after the DEEN disappointment. I entered with low expectations and they still managed to to go under them. Second season is going to be amazing.

In fairness to DEEN, at the time (2006) it was just an adaptation of a VN that was popular but not the juggernaut that it is today.

It's nice that its current status allows the budget that studios back that would have balked at.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
In fairness to DEEN, at the time (2006) it was just an adaptation of a VN that was popular but not the juggernaut that it is today.

It's nice that its current status allows the budget that studios back that would have balked at.

Yeah but that was the anime. The DEEN movie is a travesty. Majority of stuff was cut out and even the stuff they did was fairly bad in comparison to the movie budget it had and what was supposed to be happening in the source..

It was just all round awful.

The fact we're getting UBW now and Heaven's Feel sometimes later is so great.

Glad Fate is 'relegated' to some mobile thing that doesn't have to be paid attention to.

I remember hearing that the japanese fans aren't too happy about that.

Give me Last Episode ufotable!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I remember hearing that the japanese fans aren't too happy about that.

Give me Last Episode ufotable!

Fate was by far the worst route and Fate/zero spoils the story to the degree that adapting it afterwards really wouldn't work without greatly changing it. I expect a movie treatment in future and perhaps an anime in the far, far future, but I imagine we won't see anything on it for a while.

I thought Grand Order was it's own separate thing. Or did they actually announce something for the Fate route?

Fate is being released on ios for free.

the lack of a Yuki Kajiura soundtrack really disappointed me, but still, more Saber is always great and its my most anticipated anime of the year along side Psycho-Pass 2.

Definitely excited to see this. What did you think of the first episode in general?

The first episode was an almost verbatim adaptation of Fate/stay night's Prologue, which meant that storywise it was primarily Rin being a screwup and Archer continuously reminding her that she's a screwup. It had a much softer and lighter feel than Fate/Zero due to the all snarking going around, but it made the mandatory Nasuverse exposition more tolerable at the very least. The characters also were more vibrant and animated in comparison to the somewhat stiff animation from Fate/Zero's Episode 1, which also contributed to that feel.

This episode also had a lot of different background shots, as if ufotable really wanted to flaunt their digital photography prowess. Lots of various scenery showcased here during Rin's tour of the city, and basically whenever Rin moves from one location to another in general. These actually looked great. On the other hand, the use of the dynamic camera for some scenes were kind of a mixed bag.

As for that Lancer vs Archer scene, the choreography and animation really showcased the weight and speed of that fight. You really get a sense of how crazy these battles between heroes actually are, and the fight itself was easy to follow still (for me, anyway). There was a prerecorded QA session with Miura, Sudou, and Kondo where they stated that one of the key things they really wanted to focus on for this new FSN was the animation, and this first episode really drives that point home.

Oh yeah, the music was great.

Linkark07

Banned
Just waiting for another remix of EMIYA.

That reminds me, I was kind of disappointed in Fate/Zero Kerry didn't get his EMIYA remix.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The first episode was an almost verbatim adaptation of Fate/stay night's Prologue, which meant that storywise it was primarily Rin being a screwup and Archer continuously reminding her that she's a screwup. It had a much softer and lighter feel than Fate/Zero due to the all snarking going around, but it made the mandatory Nasuverse exposition more tolerable at the very least. The characters also were more vibrant and animated in comparison to the somewhat stiff animation from Fate/Zero's Episode 1, which also contributed to that feel.

This episode also had a lot of different background shots, as if ufotable really wanted to flaunt their digital photography prowess. Lots of various scenery showcased here during Rin's tour of the city, and basically whenever Rin moves from one location to another in general. These actually looked great. On the other hand, the use of the dynamic camera for some scenes were kind of a mixed bag.

As for that Lancer vs Archer scene, the choreography and animation really showcased the weight and speed of that fight. You really get a sense of how crazy these battles between heroes actually are, and the fight itself was easy to follow still (for me, anyway). There was a prerecorded QA session with Miura, Sudou, and Kondo where they stated that one of the key things they really wanted to focus on for this new FSN was the animation, and this first episode really drives that point home.

Did they bother with the Rin monologues or cut them out, because that's basically my greatest concern with this adaptation, so many important character realisations, introspections and development is displayed through character thoughts that displaying none or only a few misses large chunks of the story.
Shirou's and Archers thoughts are basically the climax of the series.

OceanBlue

Yessss. So much good news. I love consistently good character animation so I hope this has it in spades.

Blusby

Great to hear about the characters not being as stiff during scenes, that's a little thing that really breaks my immersion when I'm watching something.

Did they bother with the Rin monologues or cut them out, because that's basically my greatest concern with this adaptation, so many important character realisations, introspections and development is displayed through character thoughts that displaying none or only a few misses large chunks of the story.
Shirou's and Archers thoughts are basically the climax of the series.

My own memories of the prologue itself are kinda fuzzy, but I do recall that this episode had:

• The real story of how Rin obtained that jewel
  • Some monologue regarding her father
  • A bunch of interaction with the other students
  • The monologue about 'her' when she discovers who was killed at school

There was also that scene when she sees Sakura and the stranger, but there isn't any actual discussion with Archer about the scene afterwards.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
My own memories of the prologue itself are kinda fuzzy, but I do recall that this episode had:

• The real story of how Rin obtained that jewel
  • Some monologue regarding her father
  • A bunch of interaction with the other students
  • The monologue about 'her' when she discovers who was killed at school

There was also that scene when she sees Sakura and the stranger, but there isn't any actual discussion with Archer about the scene afterwards.

Thank a lot about the info. Seems like a good adaptation.

That reminds me does she mention the high jump or do they skip that out?

If you're talking about the high bar of instant attraction then no. Although to be fair this point is not really elaborated much on at during the actual prologue either.

If you're talking about Rin jumping the fence, then yes.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If you're talking about the high bar of instant attraction then no. Although to be fair this point is not really elaborated much on at during the actual prologue either.

If you're talking about Rin jumping the fence, then yes.

The first one yeah in the VN it's basically the second reason why she saves him. Basically first worries about sakura and then mentions the sunset etc. I'm guessing they skipped the sunset mentioning then?

Not surprising since it's only expanded in HF but it was a heavily link about Rin's relationship with Shirou.

TBF I still consider it pretty big since I don't think her relationship with Sakura alone was enough to waste her trump card in this life and death war,

Jarmel

Banned
The first one yeah in the VN it's basically the second reason why she saves him. Basically first worries about sakura and then mentions the sunset etc. I'm guessing they skipped the sunset mentioning then?

Not surprising since it's only expanded in HF but it was a heavily link about Rin's relationship with Shirou.

They're probably saving it for later.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
They're probably saving it for later.

I don't see why the explanation doesn't happen in this route. The scene was the most likely place to put a hint. There's another allusion in the final scene but that's it. If they didn't put it in this then it's unlikely they'll put it there.

OceanBlue

I don't see why the explanation doesn't happen in this route. The scene was the most likely place to put a hint.

Didn't the director say they were expanding on some scenes at some point? I don't really remember what was said, but if it's true, that scene might be added.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ufotable mentioned that they want the adaptation to be super faithful. The high bar scene is certainly somewhere in the anime.

But like I said the high jump isn't in the actual route, and it's greatest importance is HF. If they don't mention it during the panic when he's about to die and wastage of her biggest trump card, I don't see why they'd mention it later on. It was one of the 2 reasons why she saved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom