• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite 'airship' in a game?

when i say airship, i mean any kind of transportation vehicle you get long term (pretty common trope in jrpgs but other genres have there's).

i liked skies of arcadia's, but it loses points because you can get in random encounters, bah.

ill go with Van Eltia from Tales of Eternia.

Van_Eltia.png

got full explorable inners, and can be upgradeable with different stations, a sub, and a plane. It also is used to
travel between 2 worlds.
, and it has a yamato style beam cannon.

hits all the buttons for me.

The Talon from Final fantasy legend 3,
It attacks enemies.
It travels through time.
It has changeable parts.
It can restore your health.
It looks like a freakin stealth bomber!

DJIzana

Obvious answer for me the "Setzer" from Final Fantasy Type-0. Combat airship + named after an amazing character in FFVI!

4ea5c0f0_Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Gameplay-3.jpg

Skyrunnerpic.png

Runner up is easily the Skyrunner in Earthbound. Wasn't something you could control but hot damn... the music...

This is such a fucking cool ship.

Look at all this shit I got.

I got my buttons on the left, my buttons on the right.

I got my high-five machine.

I even got this shit, and I have no idea what it does other than send me faxes in Japanese.

I even pimped it out with a bobblehead!
That isn't an airship.

Since it has YET to be mentioned,

The SSV Normandy of Mass Effect.

completely forgot about the normandy. loved opening and closing the blast doors in the cockpit and other little things.

shame the actual flying around and mining is such a bore. Really wish they made a full space sim in the ME universe.

terrisus

In general, I like games far more before getting the inevitable airship than I do afterwards.

I like wandering around and exploring on the ground, but once one has an airship, it's usually just "Fly wherever you want, land where you want, and hop out at your destination"

That said, the Epoch in Chrono Trigger is pretty nifty.

Giolon

The Delphinus
2014-01-22_234628.png

YEEEESSSSS. I literally could not believe that they were giving me such an amazing ship so (relatively) early into the game. It seems like end-game content right there.

i liked skies of arcadia's, but it loses points because you can get in random encounters, bah.

Did you forget the part where the Delphinus can fly above or under the top and bottom of the world cloud areas to avoid random battles? Because the ship you had before that couldn't do that.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Final Fantasy is a goldmine for this.

FF6's Blackjack was always a classic and I always loved Ragnarok and Balamb Garden itself from FF8, but the homely feeling of FF9's Hilde Garde III and the Theatre ship Prima Vista seal the deal for my all time favorite game Airships.

Guns of Icarus has some pretty nice airships as well.

Raonak

Banned
Ragnarok from ff8. It's shaped as a fucking dragon, it saves your ass floating in space and the cutscene of it assaulting the litany Pandora was too epic.

Balamb garden was cool too.

Top Bottom