• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Bread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just snack on bread. Something about a good piece of bread. My favorite is nothing exotic tho. a simple french roll works for me just fine as long as its fresh.

Tuvoc

A baguette from France. Its the best bread i've ever eaten.

But since I can't go to France all the time I'll settle for some good ol jewish rye.

Italian bread mmmmmmmm

italianbread.jpg

MmmBeef

Luckily I live in a town with an embarassment of riches, bread wise.

The pain au levain from Ken's is great, while the epi from the Pearl Bakery when it comes out of the oven is the most amazing thing.

painlevain.jpg

Italian Herb and Cheese from Subway is a good bread. It's all herby and cheesy. As the name would imply. Then this one bread from a restaurant near Ball State that I can never remember the name of, it's great. BuddyC, help me out here.

Chipopo

Banned
Litigation Manuel said:
Italian Herb and Cheese from Subway is a good bread.

You can always tell the bread ignobles from the...how shall I put this....more refined consumers out their.

Wunderbread for me.

Tarazet

Real sourdough (i.e. not Subway or Jack in the Box). Storebrands are OK, but 'Frisco local product is unbeatable.

Hardly eat any bread these days. When I do, it's a dense, chewy bread with some real grain in it.

Fairy floss white bread doesn't fill you up and isn't good for you.

Drexon

Banned
tunnbroed3.JPG

The hard kind though. You spray a little water on it to get it soft and you've got _teh_ delicious bread. Called 'thinbread' in Sweden.

At the moment, this:
leiba5uy.jpg

Er, in English that's probably something like barley flat bread. With cheese.

Tastes great.

edit:
good timing Drexon :D

My mom makes this bread from an old family recipe that is just AWESOME.

However, my favorite everyday bread would probably be Povitica. The nut bread kind is the best.

Vlad

sonarrat said:
Real sourdough (i.e. not Subway or Jack in the Box). Storebrands are OK, but 'Frisco local product is unbeatable.

Exactly. It's downright sad what some places try to pass off as sourdough. Usually it's just white bread that's a little tough. Actual San Francisco Sourdough (I'm partial to the Columbo and Parisian brands) is the best stuff ever. Every time I take a trip back to CA, I always bring back a bunch of loaves and fill up our freezer.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
This thread makes me incredibly hungry.
I don't think theres ANYTHING better than fresh bread with some butter...MMmmmmmmm.

I fucking live for garlic bread. The "shitty" kind you get from chain pizza places too, with just the paste cooked on french bread. None of this "authentic" crap with cloves and whatever nonsense.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I once went up to our workplace deli bar and asked the cute girl behind the counter "excuse me, do you have....soft baps?"

Anyway, Japanese toast bread makes the best toast ever.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ChryZ said:
Japan #57
He, you were faster than me :)
Ho well, guess I'll just have to go buy some bread at the "boulangerie" right next to my door. Being french has some advantages after all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom