• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Homer Simpson moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

Homie_the_Clown_32.JPG

UberTag

dont remember which episode. but theres an episode where homer lays an egg. its prob the hardest ive laughed at simpsons. maybe a treehouse horror? didnt find a clip on youtube ;(
You're thinking of the end of the Scary Tales Can Come True segment from Treehouse of Horror XI.

Xi22.jpg

Slygmous

572_zps199b383c.jpg

Look Marge, you don't know what it's like - I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order. You're out of order. The whole freakin' system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth. 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown!

glaurung

Don't know if this GIF works when linked, but the scene where Homer drinks out of a beer can without using his arms and then crushes the can between the folds of his stomach fat.

gif_688x500_9abddf.gif

Since some of the best were already mentioned:

Marge: [...]. The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Goteki_45

This one always gets me into tears of laughter.

Marge: Homer!

Homer: What?!

Marge: Are you ready?

Homer: Just gotta put my shoes on!

BIjetuPCQAAlZEB.jpg:large

Marge: The only thing I asked you to do for this party was put on clothes, and you didn't do it.

Homer: "Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich right now."
Marge: "Are you gonna eat it?"
Homer: "...Yes."

YES! this is one of my top 3. That pause before "yes" just kills me.

Clown college segment kills me every time too but I'm sure that's been posted.

The other is "OH MY GOD!! TRAMAPOLINE! TRABOPOLINE!!! oh no you don't, that trampoline is MINE!!! "

That whole sequence is perfection.

ultron87

"I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food you unlease its awesome power, I'm told. That's why I'm compressing 5 pounds of spaghetti into one handy mouth-sized bar. *eats it* Hmm. *picks up and dials phone* Hospital please."

The "I'm told" and how calmly he moves to the phone are amazing.

572_zps199b383c.jpg

Look Marge, you don't know what it's like - I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order. You're out of order. The whole freakin' system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth. 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown!

Best part of that scene is what happens immediately after he finishes saying this.

Ahalf of these favourite moments are after season 9 gaf ? You guys keep going on about how great simpsons are bad after season 9 ? I'm currently watching season 17 funny show not many laughs but still great

Never Marge! Never! I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

Love it! keep 'em comin' guys!

Question: the episode where Homer came up with the nickname, was it Max Powers or something else?

I remember the line 'You don't snuggle Max Powers, you strap yourself in and FEEL THE G's!'

Love it! keep 'em comin' guys!

Question: the episode where Homer came up with the nickname, was it Max Powers or something else?

I remember the line 'You don't snuggle Max Powers, you strap yourself in and FEEL THE G's!'

"Max Power". He got if off a hair dryer
Episode 13, season 10: Homer to the Max

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
572_zps199b383c.jpg

Which one is this one? Oh man this sounds great.

Insaniac

"Operator, Get me Thailand. That's T - I........ and so on."

also

"I'd like the phone book for Hokkaido, Japan".

"here you go"

"May I use your telephone?"

"Is it a local call?"

".... yes."

Randam

Ahalf of these favourite moments are after season 9 gaf ? You guys keep going on about how great simpsons are bad after season 9 ? I'm currently watching season 17 funny show not many laughs but still great

I have known almost all of them, exept 1, or 2 and didnt watch anything past season 11.

inm8num2

I love Homer's digs at Police Academy.

The Springfield Connection:
"When Marge first told me she was going to the police academy, I thought it'd be fun and exciting, you know, like that movie Spaceballs. But instead it's been painful and disturbing like that movie Police Academy."

Marge Be Not Proud:
"How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you?! Except at that guy who made sound effects." *makes sound effects and giggles* "Where was I? Oh yeah - stay out of my booze."

Not that there was ever any doubt about it, but you're wrong. In the first 100 posts of this thread, I count 101 jokes from season 9 and earlier, compared to 12 jokes season 10 and on. After that I got tired of counting, since the point's been made.

A thread like this is great because people are not stating they (dis)like certain seasons explicitely, yet just by posting favorite moments they are providing evidence of which seasons are beloved and which aren't.

I'll stop now, I don't want this to turn into a "pre/post classic simpsons" bitch fest. Just gimme more Homer gold.

"Why must life be so hard?! Why must I fail at every attempt at masonry?!" Followed by Homer screaming and charging with the umbrella is another great one.

Ainsz

Homer: "Hey, you okay Grimey?"
Grimes: "Oh I'm more than okay, cos' I'm Homer Simpson!"
Homer: "Heh, you wish!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom