• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite music CDs of the year so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdFlu

Banned
375x375

jgkspsx

teepo said:
it's a good album but there are some realllly shitty songs on there. ugh, the one with the beatles and the stones, my god.
C'mon, "Hatchet" is amusing, and it's a necessary break between the jeremiads. "In Silence" is the album's weak point for me - it's much better live, and it doesn't translate as well to disc. Everything else is gold, though - "Breaker," "Always Fade," and "Dust on the Window" in particular. But really, everything.

Grimmy

Banned
In no order:

1. Caribou - Andorra
2. Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold
3. Fionn Regan - The End of History
4. Shout Out Loud - Our Ill Wills
5. Patty Griffin - Children Running Through
6. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
7. Feist - The Reminder
8. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
9. Eluvium - Copia
10. Blonde Redhead - 23

Just missed my list:

The White Stripes - Icky Thump
Battles - Mirrored

Not yet listened:

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Beirut - The Flying Club Cup

Most disappointing albums of the year:

Bjork - Volta
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeigeist

Eric WK said:
Tegan & Sara - The Con

See, I can't tell if I like the album or their cute lesbian look. My other cute lesbian crush plays the guitar on "Floorplan" so it ends up being a cute lesbian triple crush of inescapable proportions.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Cosmic Bus said:
This album is straight-up shimmering shoegaze; their black metal leanings are over on the Aux Funérailles du Monde/Tristesse Hivernale split they released with Angmar.

To deny the blatant black metal influence and presence in this album would be foolish. Not to mention, that split album was technically released after Souvenirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom