• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season One - Sundays on AMC

RPGCrazied

Might not show the cause, but Fear looks like it might show when society was collapsing, so the initial outbreak had to be very soon before the first episode of Fear.

Yeah sounds like we won't get a outbreak cause and that's understandable. I really just want a broader look at community's and society during the outbreak. Maybe a little of the political view.

Kevin

Yeah sounds like we won't get a outbreak cause and that's understandable. I really just want a broader look at community's and society during the outbreak. Maybe a little of the political view.

I think they said no political stuff either. lol

For whatever reason they want these shows to focus only on the humans trying to survive and remove any form of mythology or fun possible. Really sucks!

Kevin

That's what the whole 'Walking Dead' IP is about though.

I "get" that. Still doesn't make much sense though. If they want to leave it out of the main show, that's fine but why not put some cool fun stuff in the spinoff shows at least?

I just think for a show going into it's sixth season, it's starting to get kind of boring because nothing really happens anymore.

I think they said no political stuff either. lol

For whatever reason they want these shows to focus only on the humans trying to survive and remove any form of mythology or fun possible. Really sucks!
politics of the Walking Dead is gonna be dope then.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I "get" that. Still doesn't make much sense though. If they want to leave it out of the main show, that's fine but why not put some cool fun stuff in the spinoff shows at least?

I just think for a show going into it's sixth season, it's starting to get kind of boring because nothing really happens anymore.

They're not just leaving it out of the main show - it's not in the comics/novels/games either.

There are tons and tons of other zombie properties out there so it shouldn't be too hard to find something closer to what you're looking for if The Walking Dead isn't doing it for you

Kevin

They're not just leaving it out of the main show - it's not in the comics/novels/games either.

There are tons and tons of other zombie properties out there so it shouldn't be too hard to find closer to what you're looking for if The Walking Dead isn't doing it for you

Right but the Walking Dead is pretty much the only zombie show ever (other then Z Nation) so it would have been cool to see an expanded look at the mythology of zombies and what they could have done with the concept.

Oh well, no biggie, I still watch the show for what it is.

There are tons and tons of other zombie properties out there so it shouldn't be too hard to find something closer to what you're looking for if The Walking Dead isn't doing it for you
Other works aren't the walking dead. I'm not gonna be destroyed if none of the shows or future properties dive into the politics or more of the CDC stuff, but it's just somthing I'd like to see. I'm sure others would too, nothing wrong with that. Just want to get more in depth with the universe

Partition

Banned
Right but the Walking Dead is pretty much the only zombie show ever (other then Z Nation) so it would have been cool to see an expanded look at the mythology of zombies and what they could have done with the concept.

Oh well, no biggie, I still watch the show for what it is.

also makes you wonder how the main show will end if they swear to never go into the cause of the outbreak. will rick just die and thats it? any ending that doesn't involve a cure and learning about the outbreak would just be lame. they need something to tie the show together if it's really gonna go on for 15 seasons or whatever...

Kevin

also makes you wonder how the main show will end if they swear to never go into the cause of the outbreak. will rick just die and thats it? any ending that doesn't involve a cure and learning about the outbreak would just be lame. they need something to tie the show together if it's really gonna go on for 15 seasons or whatever...

Honestly? It will probably have them meet up with a huge new community with a fully working military and then "The End"!

Robert Kirkman has a specific idea for how he wants the universe to proceed. If you are looking for more than he's ready to give you will be disappointed. It's art for him and it must be taken as it is given. He's also VERY stubborn.

If you want a little bit more insight into the world, look to the games, comics, AND books written by Jay Bonansinga.

Partition

Banned
Honestly? It will probably have them meet up with a huge new community with a fully working military and then "The End"!

That still leaves everything unresolved. Anyone who dies turns into a walker. Everyone will die at some point, natural causes or not. Sure a grim ending where there is no hope may be in the spirit of the show, but it would feel like we've never reached any meaningful conclusion to the story.

There are a lot of ways to end it.

1. They could end it by having the lot of them in a safe place, like society rebuilding.

2. The next generation could have developed an immunity.

Personally believe the the main waking dead series will eventual get into more details. ......we can only go from community to community for so long? Right?

RPGCrazied

They are advertising the fuck out of Fear. A teaser almost every commerical. I'm turning my head every time to not get spoiled.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Other works aren't the walking dead.

Do you mean that none of the other works are watercooler, in the zeitgeist type things?

I'm not gonna be destroyed if none of the shows or future properties dive into the politics or more of the CDC stuff, but it's just somthing I'd like to see. I'm sure others would too, nothing wrong with that. Just want to get more in depth with the universe

I would like to see zombies evolve to the point where they're shooting laser guns and flying around on jet packs while their zombie dinosaur skeleton horde wrecks havoc down below, but it is what it is. :p

Robert Kirkman has a specific idea for how he wants the universe to proceed. If you are looking for more than he's ready to give you will be disappointed. It's art for him and it must be taken as it is given.

Also, this.

Personally believe the the main waking dead series will eventual get into more details. ......we can only go from community to community for so long? Right?

(comic)
who says that the community hopping hasn't already stopped :O

Lothar

Banned
Can't blame them for not dabbling into the cause of the outbreak after the clumsy CDC stint

What? That was one of the top 5 episodes on the series. Primarily because it was intriguing that it was dealing with the origin. There was a lot of mystery. It was nice to have a different setting. It was also cool because it make the characters directly confront whether they wanted a quick easy death that they wouldn't feel or they wanted to live in the zombie apocalypse. I definitely want more episodes like the CDC one.

Do you mean that none of the other works are watercooler, in the zeitgeist type things?

I would like to see zombies evolve to the point where they're shooting laser guns and flying around on jet packs while their zombie dinosaur skeleton horde wrecks havoc down below, but it is what it is. :p

Also, this.

(comic)
who says that the community hopping hasn't already stopped :O
I'm trying to read the comics, just haven't found the right outlet to begin with. If that makes sense 😁

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What? That was one of the top 5 episodes on the series. Primarily because it was intriguing that it was dealing with the origin. It was also cool because it make the characters directly confront whether they wanted a quick easy death that they wouldn't feel or they wanted to live in the zombie apocalypse. I definitely want more episodes like the CDC one.

Robert Kirkman Reveals His Biggest 'Walking Dead' Regret: The CDC episode

"If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have done the CDC episode [at the end of season one]," Kirkman told THR.

"It possibly gave away too much information and was such a big change very early on in the series," Kirkman said.

"I feel like there might have been a better way to wrap up the first season," Kirkman says of AMC's season-one finale. "It ended up being a fun episode. I love the character of Dr. Jenner and thought Noah did an amazing job. But there were things in that episode that I think seem very much not of The Walking Dead world."

"I probably would have changed that stuff," he says. "I've been careful in the comic series to not say what's happening in other parts of the world. It's something that's going to be fun to explore in the spinoff series. But the fact that France is mentioned in that episode and other things like that, I probably would have steered away from that stuff if I had to do it all over again."

jerry113

Banned

This isn't the story about the heroes who find a cure or the government scientists or military or government or reporter types that know what the outbreak is and what caused it.

The average person isn't going to have a clue about what happened, why, and how to save the world.

This story is about regular average joes trying to survive in a new, harsh world with no law and order. What do humans boil down to in a world without rules?

Top Bottom