• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

jmdajr

What the f am I reading?

The Rumble elimination is still one of my all time favorite spots.

Say what you will, but everyone remembers these guys. Any time wrestling comes up I hear people say...
'Hey, you remember the Bushwackers?"

That's my experience.

Sephzilla

Cena was close to being future endevoured, the Halloween thing happened and Cena got a little bit of screen time playing a literal parody of Vanilla Ice, people thought his rap thing was funny, so the gimmick stuck

Pretty much why he's solid in my all time Fave Five.

Mick Foley in terms of character work is possibly the most versatile wrestler ever.

He's also a stealth MVP of the attitude era

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/826832819074789376
nAkCwjV.png
Welp this is Karma for injuring others I suppose :/. Damn missing 2 manias in a row is BS.

Jerm411

Cena was close to being future endevoured, the Halloween thing happened and Cena got a little bit of screen time playing a literal parody of Vanilla Ice, people thought his rap thing was funny, so the gimmick stuck

Was he really that close to being cut....?

An added benefit to Cena's rapper gimmick is that it gave him the perfect excuse to feud with higher level guys during the Ruthless Aggression Era, a time when 'pay your dues, respect the top guys' was a literal part of the kayfabe identity of the company.

Plus, Cena was built like a brick shithouse, so you couldn't just job him out like most scrawny, shit-talking heels.

Kaladin

I remember the first show after the split, when I marked out at how fast he is. It's great that they're working on him, the dude is talented and has so much potential.

It's like night and day from his run as a Wyatt. Like, he's good enough people will eventually forget about that.

Mahonay

Banned
It's legit one of my favorite swerves ever.
It was one of the best segments of the past 15 years. WWE really should have thrown Mark a longer feud. Was pretty upset how quickly he was tossed aside.

I wasn't watching when the Hall of Pain was happening so I never got to experience a good Mark Henry run.

number47

pre 'five moves of death' cena used to come out with a retro jersey of the city he was in. and that got him a lot of pop.

Owens vs lensar at a house show on March 13th. so owens won't be at raw that week.
and fast lane is on March 5th.

Pikma

Banned
pre 'five moves of death' cena used to come out with a retro jersey of the city he was in. and that got him a lot of pop.

Owens vs lensar at a house show on March 13th. so owens won't be at raw that week.
and fast lane is on March 5th.
So everything is confirmed then

I think one of my fondest memories of the Hall of Pain run was when Zack Ryder was cutting a promo, Henry comes out, Ryder is about to leave and Mark just holds on to his shoulder and you could hear the audience gasp.

That was when I thought "this is money".

Sephzilla

Heel R-Truth was borderline surreal

I gotta admit i marked out one time when he showed up wearing retro Milwaukee Brewers gear

Sephzilla

I think one of my fondest memories of the Hall of Pain run was when Zack Ryder was cutting a promo, Henry comes out, Ryder is about to leave and Mark just holds on to his shoulder and you could hear the audience gasp.

That was when I thought "this is money".

Hall of Pain Henry really should have had an extended title run. At the peak of that run he was such a believable monster

number47

It was one of the best segments of the past 15 years. WWE really should have thrown Mark a longer feud. Was pretty upset how quickly he was tossed aside.

I wasn't watching when the Hall of Pain was happening so I never got to experience a good Mark Henry run.
henry vs orton for whc. best squash match ever.

Top Bottom