• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Shepard to be on Mass Effect 3 CE cover, get her own trailer

DatBreh

Banned
I keep reading how the VA for female Shepard is so good but i dont think i will ever find out for myself. Im just not going to make myself a female. That ruins the immersion for me. In a game where the characters are preset templates i have no problem picking a woman but if they let me customize the character to portray myself then i cant make them a woman.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DatBreh said:
I keep reading how the VA for female Shepard is so good but i dont think i will ever find out for myself. Im just not going to make myself a female. That ruins the immersion for me. In a game where the characters are preset templates i have no problem picking a woman but if they let me customize the character to portray myself then i cant make them a woman.

are you afraid that you might like it?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
For the Female Shepard hair, Bioware just need to copy whatever Alice: Madness Returns developer used.

http://i.imgur.com/YmA5r.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/fDHbu.gif
http://imgur.com/XWgDE.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2ntvua.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/nvLkU.gif[IMG]

Alice and ME3 are both run on UE3 after all, so I hope we see this for FemShep.

They probably realized that having a pair of boobs on the cover wouldn't be so bad marketing wise.
Hopefully it won't be too juvenile and neither the beginning of an obsession for equal rights for female characters in videogames.

I could even imagine someone creating an association against the discrimination of female shepard lol

Auron_Kale said:
Still, he better have more of a personality than ME1 otherwise I'd romance Jacob...

If my BroShep were to have a gay option... I'd probably go for Garrus.

Impossible, I already romanced that awesome fellow with femshep.
Unless he turns out to be bi.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Jezan said:
I didn't, I was hoping for the romance time with Kaidan :p
No, I think you're mistaken. If you do that, I'm pretty sure the game pauses and Shepard breaks the fourth wall and says "Really? Are you sure? Because we made him this way for this exact purpose." And if you persist, the game shuts off and fries you HD, just to be sure.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Snuggler said:
Did they ever explain why your eyes turn red when you make evil choices, or were they just trying to be like Fable.

Hopefully in ME3 Renegade Shep will start growing horns as you fill up your evil meter.

yes, they did, but it was very brief, like your emotions affect tissue and organism in whole, so stay calm or....

what's ironic they're right about this.

anyway here's one of my FemSheps

masseffect22010-11-252khxx.png

MesserWolf said:
Hopefully it won't be too juvenile and neither the beginning of an obsession for equal rights for female characters in videogames.
God forbid.

Edit: Man, I can never get my characters to look as badass as these screens. She always ends up looking..goofy.

So if pictures are found of this Female Shepard cover, this will be the topic to catch em' ? Because I too am curious as to how different rendered/Poster-girl FemShep is going to be from in-game default FemShep.

DatBreh said:

I'm a guy, but I find it hard to make male characters when the character creation is more detailed beyond more simple templates (e.g. WoW). I usually just can't get the male characters to look right or not terribly ugly to me, especially when they're human, so I end up making the best-looking female I can.

_dementia said:
Maybe this time, he has the reach and the flexibility.

Nearly choked on my water but that's pretty much the main reasoning I had in my head for wanting to romance Garrus with BroShep.

subversus said:
shall we go there?...

Probably not best to let this de-evolve like the last thread, but I think it was the emotion in her eyes from behind the mask that got me to go d'awww...

tiff

Banned
Special J said:
isnt it funny how westerners demonize japanese gamers for the same exact thing. its the same shit just in a different packaging lulz
It's more of a dating sim than a lot of visual novels.

Small Mailman said:
Why is Female Shepard such a big deal again? Other than the fact that you can bang dudes it doesn't do anything to the story.
What do you mean by "big deal?"

Small Mailman said:
Why is Female Shepard such a big deal again? Other than the fact that you can bang dudes it doesn't do anything to the story.
It's nice to have it as on option when 90% of games are where you can only play as dudes. Kind of makes everyone who's not feel left out.

DatBreh

Banned
Snuggler said:
are you afraid that you might like it?

What? No, its just that in these type of games it helps with the immersion if the character resembles me. Last time i checked im not a woman.

Its the same reason i dont make female characters in Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Walshicus

Small Mailman said:
Male Shepard is boring and Hale does a FAR better job on the VA front.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Small Mailman said:

The voice actress (hale) is just way superior,million years better than the wooden rod who did the male voice.

LiK

Totobeni said:
The voice actress (hale) is just way superior,million years better than the wooden rod who did the male voice.

yup, listen to the speech before the final battle between FemShep and MaleShep. Hale was way better.

Walshicus

Speaking of ME covers, I'd love to see someone edit the existing ME1 and ME2 covers to include Fem-Shep instead of Naff-Shep.

Sir Fragula said:
Speaking of ME covers, I'd love to see someone edit the existing ME1 and ME2 covers to include Fem-Shep instead of Naff-Shep.
I'm sure someone will once bioware release the high-res shots of the CG model for the trailer and ME3 cover.

I agree that she does have a better VA but people act like Male Shepard's voice is like game breaking or something. It's not bad in my opinion, just very neutral sounding.

Jezan

Fimbulvetr said:
Why not just make out with a cardboard cut-out?

There's virtually no difference.
Cause there are no cardboards in ME, the closest thing is Kaidan , so that would lead me to romance Kaidan!!! :p

LiK

Sir Fragula said:

i can see that happening in an anniversary rerelease.

tiff

Banned
Small Mailman said:
I agree that she does have a better VA but people act like Male Shepard's voice is like game breaking or something. It's not bad in my opinion, just very neutral sounding.
Well, part of it's also that some people prefer playing females in games, so it's cool of Bioware to finally acknowledge them like this.

Samara

Fimbulvetr said:
Why not just make out with a cardboard cut-out?

There's virtually no difference.

Liara wasn't much better. At least you could change Kaidan's point of view on aliens.

LQX

subversus said:
yes, they did, but it was very brief, like your emotions affect tissue and organism in whole, so stay calm or....

what's ironic they're right about this.

anyway here's one of my FemSheps

masseffect22010-11-252khxx.png
Wah! Our Shepards look alike.
wlrofa.jpg

karasu

Edag Plata said:
What is this? Diversity Awareness Day: The Game?

Make sure you have your gay romances!! It's not fair if you don't!

Make sure you get the female character on the cover!! It's not fair if you don't!!

Crucify me if you must, I just think it's like they're trying to show everyone how politically correct they are way too much.

forcing the character to be male adds nothing to the experience. I'm glad they're backing down from that shitty decision.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
_dementia said:
According to this only 18% play as fem-Shep. That's unfortunate. At least play them both like me!
I do, too. But FemShep is the real one. MaleShep is just the dog who had sex with Kelly and Miranda. I couldn't go through with it with Tali though. Too creepy

Xilium

_dementia said:
According to this only 18% play as fem-Shep. That's unfortunate. At least play them both like me!
I'm sure that number would be halved if not for dudes wanting to stare at femShep's ass the entire game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
WanderingWind said:
I do, too. But FemShep is the real one. MaleShep is just the dog who had sex with Kelly and Miranda. I couldn't go through with it with Tali though. Too creepy

and I went there thinking that she will
open her goddamn helmet
which she did but these fuckers edited it out, hehe.

Top Bottom