• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Shepard to be on Mass Effect 3 CE cover, get her own trailer

DatBreh said:
I keep reading how the VA for female Shepard is so good but i dont think i will ever find out for myself. Im just not going to make myself a female. That ruins the immersion for me. In a game where the characters are preset templates i have no problem picking a woman but if they let me customize the character to portray myself then i cant make them a woman.

That's because you project yourself on to the character and identify with them while you're playing the game. Nothing really wrong with that per se, but the thing is that some people think of the role their avatar plays differently. I played World of Warcraft with a female character for years because I thought of her as a written character I controlled, not an extension of myself.

The reason that the political correctness line is so odious is because offering choices which reflect the values and lives of people playing doesn't stop at white hetero males. However, it also doesn't take away from those white hetero males to let people with a less common perspective role-play as an extension of themselves.

Totobeni said:
For the Female Shepard hair, Bioware just need to copy whatever Alice: Madness Returns developer used.

http://i.imgur.com/YmA5r.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/fDHbu.gif
http://imgur.com/XWgDE.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2ntvua.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/nvLkU.gif[IMG]

Alice and ME3 are both run on UE3 after all, so I hope we see this for FemShep.[/QUOTE]I posted it on the first page, but this must be QFT.

Bioware needs to fix the hair. It looks like some plasic cosplay crap.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
also I was looking at what people do with their femsheps and they go into both directions

pensive.jpg

hag15.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
brotkasten said:
I posted it on the first page, but this must be QFT.

Here's what hair in Mass Effect 3 looks like.

unled3copyv.png

subversus said:
also I was looking at what people do with their femsheps and they go into both directions

pensive.jpg

Very nice. Again, the scar on the cheek looks fitting for her.

Ironically for my BroShep, he's clean-cut with no scars on his face.
KuGsj.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My fem-shep is ghostly pale with pitch black hair. It kind of fits with the "utterly ruthless" persona that I play her as, as well as my own little fan theory that she's humanity's first foray into artificial intelligence, hence why she is so ruthless.

She knows all the pitch-perfect "paragon" lines to feed people to get them with her, but she doesn't mean a single one...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
brotkasten said:
I posted it on the first page, but this must be QFT.

And even if they can't do that for any technical reason or whatever, they should at least make the hair look like what in Gears 3/The Last Remnant/DC universe, Mass Effect female character hair is one of the absolute worse on UE3.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Totobeni said:
And even if they can't do that for any technical reason or whatever, they should at least make the hair look like what in Gears 3/The Last Remnant/DC universe, Mass Effect female character hair is one of the absolute worse on UE3.
Scroll up to see what it looks like.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The_Technomancer said:
My fem-shep is ghostly pale with pitch black hair. It kind of fits with the "utterly ruthless" persona that I play her as, as well as my own little fan theory that she's humanity's first foray into artificial intelligence, hence why she is so ruthless.

She knows all the pitch-perfect "paragon" lines to feed people to get them with her, but she doesn't mean a single one...
But there are AI's everywhere already?!

X-Frame

Can't wait to see what "official" form of FemShep they choose.

Though I'm interested to see what excuse they give to allow us to modify our Shep's carryover from ME2 ..

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
WanderingWind said:
But there are AI's everywhere already?!
Yeah, but not a "human" AI. Humans got dat chip on their shoulder, gotta have their own version. One that can pass for human too.

(okay, so I didn't think it through that much.)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, but not a "human" AI. Humans got dat chip on their shoulder, gotta have their own version. One that can pass for human too.

(okay, so I didn't think it through that much.)
I have a similar attachment to my Shepard. I think of all the things we can bitch at ME about, being able to bring the same character across three games in a "choice" based RPG is pretty cool.

adelante

I sure as hell hope she doesn't resemble Michelle Forbes in any way....UNLESS they got her to do the VA and decide to model it after her :|

Far too many custom femshepard out there that looks like her

f2VaV.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nirolak said:

oh, thanks ( it's kinda dark screen).but it look way better than before already.

Now I just need Mako to return (and to see Bioware official femShep render)before I go to media blackout.

adelante said:
I sure as hell hope she doesn't resemble Michelle Forbes in any way....UNLESS they got her to do the VA and decide to model it after her :|

Far too many custom femshepard out there that looks like her

http://i.imgur.com/f2VaV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The fans of Jennifer Hale would burn BioWare's offices to the ground. I'm not even joking. :lol

Nirolak said:
Saw the screenshot, I saw the walkthough, it looks great. Now I have to play Mass Effect 2 again, because I don't have the save game anymore. Can we import the ME3 hair to ME1 and 2? :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Snuggler said:
Did they ever explain why your eyes turn red when you make evil choices, or were they just trying to be like Fable.

The stress of being a renegade has the side effect of wearing away at the reconstructive surgery you received after being brought back to life.

DanielJr82

Special J said:
whats up with the fugly shepards, i dont like it. its fucking up my idea of femshepard
I thought I was the only one, lol. A lot of ugly femsheps here.

-Edit-
Just an observation. Why is it that most FemSheps I've seen on YouTube are lesbians? A good majority of them. Female players typically go for Thane, but yet most vids I've seen of FemShep pair her up with Liara. It's pretty obvious these players are male gamers.

-Edit 2-
FTR, my FemShep is Kaidan loyal. :p

DanielJr82

jim-jam bongs said:
The perfect Femshep straddles the line between butch and sexy. She's more Sigourney than Winona.
Eh... I don't know. I think the default red-head Shepard with green eyes looks the best. Scar on her eyebrow and everything.

What? I imagined FemShep as a stone cold, battle hardened bitch who only gives up the coochie to the baddest of the bad. And there hasn't been anyone bad enough.

No way she'd go after that bum Jacob.

I'd give it up to Wrex though.

ZealousD said:
The stress of being a renegade has the side effect of wearing away at the reconstructive surgery you received after being brought back to life.

I had no idea being an unrepentant asshole was stressful.

Or that bio-mechanical attachments reacted so strongly to negative emotions.

IoCaster

Oh boy, PanderWare™ strikes again. Now the femshep fetishists can have their own mascot. Big Whoop!

How about some news that's relevant to improving the quality of the actual game? Maybe some good news like hiring a new lead writer that's competent and demoting Walters to the minor leagues DA team. Or they can reveal that they've decided to tone down the dudebro and scrapped the idiotic turret vs Reaper crapfest. Too much to hope for? Yeah, probably. :/

Amir0x

Banned
i'm starting a new Mass effect playthrough on PC now that I decided not to get the third game on 360 anymore, but I had already chose female Shepard on that platform too. I think I'll keep my choice here :D

LiK

_Isaac said:
She looks really hot here.

it's pretty funny cuz when i made my FemShep in ME1. i was just messing around until it looked just like that pic. i was kinda surprised when i saw that many dudes had a similar face. guess everyone settled on that, lol

Kolgar

About time! Superior version confirmed, etc.

I approve of this decision.

Oh, and Jennifer Hale should be in everything.

toasty_T said:
What? I imagined FemShep as a stone cold, battle hardened bitch who only gives up the coochie to the baddest of the bad. And there hasn't been anyone bad enough.

No way she'd go after that bum Jacob.

I'd give it up to Wrex though.

And even with Wrex I'm thinking she'd be more likely to be the plougher than the ploughee if you catch my drift.

Top Bottom