• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX: Worth spending the time or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
acidviper said:
If you grew up on FF 1-6 then you won't be able to stomach FF10.

Oh looks its a flying enemy switch in Wakka. Oh its a magic-weak guy. Switch in a caster. --> If doing that over and over sounds appealing to you by all means go for it.

I found the story to be idiotic.

oh hell...stick to the snes then....the old ffs certainly dont have any special magic....they are still fun today....but...haha....god I just played though ffvi again recently...ffiv is the better game....I certainly prefer the post ps1 games

eXistor

FFX is definitely a lesser entry, but it's still very much worth playing imo. FFX- 2 only if you liked FFX.

Still I hated the mini-games (as in all FF's) and some voice-overs sucked (you know the ones I mean). I liked the sphere-grid and the Monster Arena stuff was fun, but very repetitive, but that's completely optional and only worth it if you have FFX International, which actually requires you to max your stats.

big_z

ffx never had much appeal to me. then when i heard the voice acting and found out about the lack of a world map and that the game was basically point a to b, it basically killed my chances of playing it.

is ff12 going to be like ffX where it's like walking down a big tube?? from the videos it kind of looks like a one player ffxi but with a story.....

Mallika

Oo, an earlier post reminded me about the whole blitz ball thing. Although I didn't really get into it myself, my husband went damn crazy for it and used to spend some days just racking up the points in blitz ball tournaments instead of playing the game. :D

ronito

Screw the haters. I found FFX to be a very enjoyable game. Not the best FF true, and Yuna talks...like....the...black kid....in....malcom in the middle. But still I enjoyed the game from start to finish. The problem is people go in expecting FFIV-VII and get *gasp* something different. If you can bring yourself to face the fact that FFX is its own thing you'll find an enjoyable time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom