• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXI expansion, "Seekers of Adoulin" Geomancer/Rune Fencer! Uematsu Concert tonight!

Allard

I'm pretty sure that's it. Thanks man! :D (Now I can cancel that 2gb download lol.)

You can still cancel it since the silhoutte everyone is asking for in the new trailer, but that's just a new NPC :)

Site silhouette shows the weapon to be a one handed great sword, and somewhat frilly pieces to the armor. I see some kind of magical shit in the other hand with a chain of symbols around the body.

Those who said Mystic Knight might not be too far off.

Geomancer looks dope as hell. I really like the Galka art.

The trailer though? Super unimpressive. Very bland town they show, and the two areas I noticed look like yet another reskin of the Valkrum Dunes with a new Yhoator jungle meets a forest.

Still, Geomancer alone is worth going all the way through this game one more time from scratch.

Do I dare? Especially with FFXIV 2.0 around the corner? ; ;

I'm planning to play both! around a month or two before the expansion hits I'll go back on FFXI and catch my characters levels up so I am ready for the expansion. Sometimes its just nice to be able to play both just so I can get a break from one or the other XD.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Picture6.png

Look like Magic Knight/Mystic Knight

Shouta

That's a story NPC.

Trailer is up and looking at it, it'll be a melee class. It looks like it has a bit of armor on or a cuirass and a bandanna or a long weapon. The silhouette is a mithra though. I doubt it'll be chemist because they don't normally add two of the same type. It's usually one frontline and one backline job. (COR/PUP/BLU and SCH/DNC).

It'll be Mystic Knight, using a spear or sword.

Desi

So Norse, Yggdrasil; rune knight/mystic knight/Sorcerer

edit: you can see the class in the second artwork pic at the bottom of the site too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just want to toss it here.

My friend think it's necromancer but anything is possible. However, I think it's Magic/Mystic/Rune Knight anyway.

I don't really like their reason for not wanting to go "where the fans" wanted.

Surely the Mithra homeland is more important/cool than just a 'new' place. They're only, you know, one of awesome popular races in the game since day 1.

Orc empire has always sounded badass but seeing the Mithra home would be best I think. I don't care about Tenzen lol.

I'm so happy to see this game get more content. I've only played till level 50 on a dragoon character and cannot fully get into the game (way to technical and hard for me) but I'm thrilled that developers are more interested in making their audience happy than coercing them to move to the next big thing.

The fact that this expansion probably won't be coming to PS2 speaks volumes as well.

Also, have they ever spoken about porting FXI to the PS3 or Vita? Seems like a good fit.

Boss Man

A job that mains Great Sword will be cool. It's only ever been a secondary weapon, so I like the idea of a new job finally claiming it. Is Great Sword the only weapon in the game like that?

I hope I can use my Caladbolg with it, since I don't expect SE to ever stop not giving a shit about DRK.

B.K.

I don't really like their reason for not wanting to go "where the fans" wanted.

Surely the Mithra homeland is more important/cool than just a 'new' place. They're only, you know, one of awesome popular races in the game since day 1.

Orc empire has always sounded badass but seeing the Mithra home would be best I think. I don't care about Tenzen lol.

They need something Expansion 6.

Kokonoe

Banned
I never would've thought I'd ever see a new job in FFXI again..

They really want people to come back. Guess it's time to return.

Shouta

Yes, Gsword is the only ewapon in the game that isn't the main job of a class. Closest is Paladin though Warrior and Dark Knight have higher skill. If it's indeed Gsword and Mystic Knight, I'll be so in for it. I'm a Gsword user already and I've got the the dumb WoE weapon with the WS, heh.

Aeana

They are really selling this game hard.

Overcome danger! Lots of danger out there, and you're gonna have to overcome it. You might not see it coming!
DESTROY MASSIVE ROCKS AND TREES! Yeah man, you can destroy some big rocks and some big trees.
And you can gather materials!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm salivating.
Rocks and trees, y'all.

Nose Master

Son of a bitch, this sounds awesome. I lost my character due to a hacker a few years ago, and couldn't muster the grind back to 75 (99?) again, with all the subjobs and such. Might reconsider, Geomancer sounds legit.

Any word on the second job, yet?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm nervous about this. I still believe SE never expected to still be dealing with FFXI at this point, and I can't help but feel this is being rushed out becasue they can't count on the FFXI players migrating to XIV..

PS FIX THE MYTHIC SYSTEM.

Shouta

These guys like awful at conveying the panel info. The devs actually explained stuff and sounded a little interested, lol.

Aeana

I guess that interface update they posted about a while back will be part of this expansion, then. Another reason why I want to go back. Sounded like cool stuff.

I will say, having a real job 'home' for Great Sword would be cool! DRK is/will be forever my first love, Scythe is our real weapon, always felt GS needed a proper home.

jae

They are really selling this game hard.

Overcome danger! Lots of danger out there, and you're gonna have to overcome it. You might not see it coming!
DESTROY MASSIVE ROCKS AND TREES! Yeah man, you can destroy some big rocks and some big trees.
And you can gather materials!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm salivating.
Rocks and trees, y'all.

It all makes sense now. This will give us something to do with all the rocks and trees we have been getting from Voidwatch. Tanaka redeemed.

Shouta

It's not very active at the moment. I'm the shell-holder though. As long as my account hasn't been erased, it'll be around.

Seigyoku

It's not very active at the moment. I'm the shell-holder though. As long as my account hasn't been erased, it'll be around.

Like three of us are still around regularly. Tend to not be on the shell cause umm, no one else is...

But gods knows, we're on every day...

I'm a little disappointed they're not expanding to the Far East. The Mikado was it?

But then again, it would be difficult to tell a story that is concurrent to the events of Tenzen and Gessho without setting some sort of ridiculous prerequisite of completing Chains of Promathia first or something, to set the state of affairs in the Far East for such an expansion.

Allard

If i heard them right we will see the other job tmw?

Yeah, the silhouette is in the trailer and its also on the site. They didn't do a good enough job masking it though, its pretty obvious what it is. The question is 'exactly' what they are going to call it since it could be Runic or Mystic Knight.

Top Bottom