• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV/Type-0 Live Stream Thread - Extended TGS Presentation (Over, archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't expect every character to play like a completely different game. More like Type-0 with its _14_ playable characters. The core gameplay would be the same, people just had different specialities. Prompto would have maybe played a little like 3rd Birthday, the others would just have been a bit more efficient at using the weapons Noctis can also use.
I rather costume change. I've always stuck with the main person even if they offered me character switch. It just feel like a novelty to me

Why do people want maincharacter switching anyway?
Majority of the time, the maincharacter is the best character to control due to skill sets and knowing that he will be in the plot and won't randomly leave your party.

And I hope you guys don't mean the stupid gimmick switching character to use a special skill gameplay eg: one character is able to break a wall, one can teleport over to a ledge.
Ughh, I hate that stuff since it delays the flow of combat and movement.

It's a role playing game with multiple characters. They should atleast give you the option to pick which one of the characters you want to play as. Instead they choose for you, you will play as Noctis and Noctis only.

artsi

Personally I don't want multiple playable characters, I never switch in action oriented games where I can let AI handle them (like Tales of Xillia). Turn based is different though, I want full control.

Dark_castle

you set them before the battle. No manual switching, except where you set 1 main weapon and you can use that any time.

Does that mean your main weapon will override other set "gambit weapons", so you can still manually chain your attacks with default main weapon?

Hystzen

It's a role playing game with multiple characters. They should atleast give you the option to pick which one of the characters you want to play as. Instead they choose for you, you will play as Noctis and Noctis only.

It exact same in kingdom hearts you have sora you play as sora does not affect the experience that much as characters around you get developed alongside you

Thoraxes

This is true, but perhaps they felt they needed to "fast track" the game after the director switch, so they decided to omit something that they felt wouldn't be worth the time sink in their new time line plan?

Also, they may feel that for narrative purposes that placing the focus off of the main character would create a disconnect between the player and said character?

I'm open to their vision if the game is fun, the story is good, and I don't feel underwhelmed by the time I finish the game...

...we'll see, right?

Eh, if it's a game that forces you to have a party, it would be nice to play as them. Especially in an action-based game. But yeah, you're right. They probably don't care at this point and just want to ship the damn thing to get that elephant out of the room.

fedexpeon

Banned
Because it creates the feeling of a party.
In XV you have Noctis' adventure instead and every other character just supports the player instead of being part of the party like in most other FF games.

I must be playing a different series then. Most FF story revolves and evolves around the maincharacter. Without the hero, the journey wouldn't begin.
Everyone is there to support the main hero. The party is created because they want to go with the hero and help him.

I still don't understand how the ability to switch up Player 1 status relays that feeling of a party. You are still surrounded by other cast members even if you are in control of a different character or stuck with one character.

These type of streams are exactly what Square-Enix needs to do (monthly) to keep the hype and keep dialogue open with fans.

Game looks beautiful, combat still looks interesting, camera looks like a real piece of shit. Hard to tell without getting hands on, though.

Mothaf...damn, I got tired of the talking since i didn't understand what they were saying. As soon as I turned my computer off they show gameplay 😡

With the new info and gameplay, definetly game looks more interesting, but we know more information about the A.I setup and deck/combos and all.

Nibel

Really excited that they managed to re-create the combat from the early Versus trailers; Noctis dashes, teleports and switches postitions. Looks really good to me.

ConceptX

I swear Noctis can take out an army by himself lol

I imagine that's why we only control him really, he has the skill sets for any fight. Remember how he is also one of the only people who can use magic.

The battle video on this stream was far better than previous trailers, much faster, more action-y, smooth animations etc.

Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom