• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FH3 "career" reset - UWP and the power of the cloud fail me (and I failed myself for buying this shit)

Dahaka

I want to reset the career of FH3 on PC and start from scratch (played for a few hours over a year ago) with all the introductory stuff etc. Yes I could "just" make a new xbox profile and start over but whytf should i supposed to be doing that?
Resetting the APP under Windows 10 helps nothing. The "cancel cloud sync after resetting/deleting the save folder" workaround doesn't work anymore if it ever did. I tried all the tricks including blocking the APP via the Firewall but nothing helps. I'm always greeted by the dreaded CONTINUE. I DON'T WANT TO.

It feels as if Microsoft enjoys starting to shit all the fucking cloud saves into my mouth from astronomical heights. The more Microsoft stays away from PC gaming, the better. Fool me once....

drotahorror

I mean, it sucks you can't do what you want but besides each race that you unlock for getting to a new festival (and the very first introduction one), you should be able to repeat any race you'd done previously. You may even be able to do the special festival events again, not sure.

Calibos

Seems nuts that there isn't an "in-game" option for starting over or starting a new save....Good luck!

Denton

Yeah this sucks ass. "Start new game" is one of those things that should be mandatory in games.

Larxia

It's not the first time I see this and this already annoyed me in the past.
I think all online ubisoft games, like Steep, are like that too, save linked to account.

Redshirt

Banned
It's not the first time I see this and this already annoyed me in the past.
I think all online ubisoft games, like Steep, are like that too, save linked to account.

Yeah. The Crew is like that too. Seems like an oversight with these kind of games.

Top Bottom