• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Menelaus

Banned
Arnie said:
PES plays a better game of football thanks to the vastly superior AI in all areas of the pitch. You can keep your physics. You can keep your kits. You can keep your faces. I just want to play football.
Then you'll stop posting in here? Thank God.

Arnie

Menelaus said:
Then you'll stop posting in here? Thank God.
I will.

Pretty hilarious that you get so much relief from one person who's made three posts bowing out, shows how emotionally invested and thus out of kilter from reality you really are.

adelante

Arnie said:
I'll brush off your attempt to disguise your own stupidity by playing into thoughtless stereotypes and save you from that hole you're digging.

I'm not buying the game because PES plays a better game of football thanks to the vastly superior AI in all areas of the pitch. You can keep your physics. You can keep your kits. You can keep your faces. I just want to play football.
Players who skip/stutter animations in the name of ultra responsive controls isn't my idea of football "realism" either but glad some people are able to put up with that (the series has gone even more pingpong passing friendly than ever).

Wish I had time for both football games though...

Menelaus

Banned
Arnie said:
I will.

Pretty hilarious that you get so much relief from one person who's made three posts bowing out, shows how emotionally invested and thus out of kilter from reality you really are.
ngbbs4c95360987bc9.jpg

Dibbz

Did they fix Scezney? Why didn't they get his face scanned in the game? Makes no sense, especially since the guy has been Arsenal's First choice keeper since last season.

Meus Renaissance said:
Played the retail copy today at a gaming convention. Everyone was agreed, the new defending was problematic. However, we all still had fun.

It's problematic in that it's difficult. That in itself isn't unnecessarily a bad thing when you're playing against friends. It's probably going to be incredibly frustrating against the CPU or really good players.

Dibbz said:
Did they fix Scezney? Why didn't they get his face scanned in the game? Makes no sense, especially since the guy has been Arsenal's First choice keeper since last season.

Sorry I didn't play as Arsenal, but people were holding their own with the side. Some of the goals I saw reminded me how important RVP is to us

faridmon

Lightning said:
In FIFA I wonder if Fabregas is still an Arsenal player...
If Nasri is a Man City player as they advertised that shit in their website, I doubt Fabregas being an Arsenal player.

Foob

Dibbz said:
I think someone said that was just an issue with the demo?

Getting the 360 version this year since I was one of the few with the PS3 version the last couple times

Dibbz

Foob said:
I think someone said that was just an issue with the demo?

Getting the 360 version this year since I was one of the few with the PS3 version the last couple times
I'd hope it was just the demo.

I never knew there would be 2 commentary teams. That's a great addition.

Dibbz

JWong said:
EA does try to put in a lot of star heads, but sorry if your player didn't cut it.

tumblr_le3z01eAUi1qdodh0.gif
I'm not complaining I was just wondering why they would go through the trouble of scanning the Arsenal squad and not do their keeper. Anyway seem like he could be in so that good.

Omiee

i need this game now, the fact that its the same on pc like on consoles with better visuals is making me want to freeze myself untill this comes out

elsk

Banned
Finally, I have the retail game! btw, the graphics are a lot worse than the graphics in the demo :/... still loving it.

Messi

Can't believe they didnt do Suarez, no hope for carroll then unless they scanned him last year before he left for Liverpool.

Messi

Fry8 said:
I dunno, gotta ask for the guy. I'll do it now.

How about some of the new united guys? Young,jones, de gea. Oh and Valencia, pretty sure he was missing one last year.

I don't need a picture but I'd love to know if they kept ibrahimovic's samurai hair, the hair in the demo is last seasons hair but I seen an official video and he had a samurai bob. :)

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
IGN's review hyped me up so much. C;mon tuesday

03sho

elsk said:
Finally, I have the retail game! btw, the graphics are a lot worse than the graphics in the demo :/... still loving it.

1) What do you mean 'worse' than the demo?

2) When you play at Old Trafford do the teams go in for HT in the middle tunnel or the proper one near the corner flag?

Thanks.

Messi said:
How about some of the new united guys? Young,jones, de gea. Oh and Valencia, pretty sure he was missing one last year.

I don't need a picture but I'd love to know if they kept ibrahimovic's samurai hair, the hair in the demo is last seasons hair but I seen an official video and he had a samurai bob. :)
demo code is old, in the final game he has his current hair style.

elsk

Banned
goku3000 said:
impressions?

Feels a little different than the demo (expected, I guess). I played like 3-4 matches so far, so no real big impressions so far. I'll try to play some Career Mode in an hour or so and post some impressions about that.

03sho said:
1) What do you mean 'worse' than the demo?

2) When you play at Old Trafford do the teams go in for HT in the middle tunnel or the proper one near the corner flag?

Thanks.

1) I don't know, looks like all the awesome lighting in the demo is gone. Also new animations, like when you sub a player in the demo, are gone (from what I have seen so far). Graphics look more like FIFA 11, than FIFA 12 Demo. Demo looks more sharp also.

2) I'll try to play at Old Trafford after Honduras U23 - Costa Rica U23 match ends :)

And Yes, Ibra samurai is in the retail game. Btw, a lot of people in the online-mode are playing a "Early version of FIFA 12" wtf?

rvy

Banned
elsk said:
Feels a little different than the demo (expected, I guess). I played like 3-4 matches so far, so no real big impressions so far. I'll try to play some Career Mode in an hour or so and post some impressions about that.

1) I don't know, looks like all the awesome lighting in the demo is gone. Also new animations, like when you sub a player in the demo, are gone (from what I have seen so far). Graphics look more like FIFA 11, than FIFA 12 Demo. Demo looks more sharp also.

2) I'll try to play at Old Trafford after Honduras U23 - Costa Rica U23 match ends :)

And Yes, Ibra samurai is in the retail game. Btw, a lot of people in the online-mode are playing a "Early version of FIFA 12" wtf?
This is awful.

JWong

Banned
elsk said:

The demo only had Ethiad Stadium. Are you comparing it to that? Stadiums do have different environments.

sixghost

Jeff Albertson said:
As long as they fix this shit

2H3a1.gif

Are Song and Koscielny at Rovers in this yet? :p

All Rovers players will look awful as usual
My favorite Rovers generic face was Jermaine Jones in either 11 or 09. It used some funny looking old mexican face. It was either a mistake, or the person who selected it for his model had never actually seen what he looked like.

elsk

Banned
JWong said:
The demo only had Ethiad Stadium. Are you comparing it to that? Stadiums do have different environments.

Then the game should look good only in Ethiad Stadium? All the stadiums have new lighting. Allianza Arena, for example, looks worse than in FIFA 11 (lighting-wise).

JWong

Banned
elsk said:
Then the game should look good only in Ethiad Stadium? All the stadiums have new lighting. Allianza Arena, for example, looks worse than in FIFA 11 (lighting-wise).
Not sure about you, but I don't see anything bad about them that would make it considered worse than FIFA 11.
Awesome Animals said:
I'm sure Landon Donovan is the only MLS player with face scanning. Hi k0ji. Missed you :)
I'd check Whitecaps. Might be convenient enough to get it done.

And of course there are players like Thierry Henry, Beckham, etc.

elsk

Banned
JWong said:
Not sure about you, but I don't see anything bad about them that would make it considered worse than FIFA 11.

Well, maybe is just me. It looks very out of color/life for me, but again, maybe is just my way to see it.

Edit: yes, some stadiums look better than others (in lighting) but still I don't see the level I saw in the demo.

leng jai

How can the graphics be worse in the full game? Makes zero sense. Not that I thought they were much better than 11 anyway, and this was on the PC demo coming from the PS3.

Menelaus

Banned
kitch9 said:
In his opinion a shit game (imo) is awesome. Others don't like to hear that.
He can say it all he wants in the PES thread. I don't shit up CoD threads about Battlefield.

Also, calling bullshit on the graphics being worse in retail.

madmackem

I wonder if sunderland has real faces, loooooooooooooool highly unlikely but one can hope, ohhh and we will be playing in generic stadium four also mint.

Soi-Fong

I'm actually really starting to get tactical defending. For one it seems really useful to have a teammate cover the ball carrier and then try to mark whoever is open and make the carrier make a mistake and lose the ball.

EDIT: Can someone start up a PS3 GAF group? I would, but I still cannot start new threads.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Menelaus said:
He can say it all he wants in the PES thread. I don't shit up CoD threads about Battlefield.

Also, calling bullshit on the graphics being worse in retail.

As Cornballer said, this is what my screen looks like:

oc0He.jpg

Can you see faces? I can't. The only time I'd even maybe be zoomed in would be on a replay, but that'd be of my gorgeous mug.

Top Bottom