• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Takao

Banned
Holy shit those covers are awful. The Italian one in particular, with the guy in the middle is all kinds of bad.

mil6es

Question for UK-GAF

I've found a shop willing to sell me FF12 on Monday, this is ofcourse -5 Release Date, will I have any problems (i.e account suspension) if I play it that early on XBL?

Seronei

mil6es said:
Question for UK-GAF

I've found a shop willing to sell me FF12 on Monday, this is ofcourse -5 Release Date, will I have any problems (i.e account suspension) if I play it that early on XBL?
I've never heard of anyone getting banned for playing a game after it has been shipped to the stores.

iNvid02

nobody gets banned because its the retailer at fault really, if they have the stock in ready to go just go for it.

Any plans for PS3GAF to get something organized (league or club)? My xbox is red ringed and I can't afford to have it fixed right now so I can't play with xboxGAF.

:(

Great OP. Hoping for some cheap supermarket prices day one, but I may well pick it up anyway. I'm ready for some FIFA goodness having not picked up 11.

Carbonox

2m4r5o0.gif

Game of the forever. Well, until Dark Souls a week later. Still, FIFA games every year get more playtime from me than any other game. Fantastic go-to games when more hardcore titles are finished.

FIFA12 will be magnificent!

Menelaus said:
Dammit...just...dammit. I really don't want to spend 2000 points on that =P

I've had it since Madden, so I was able to play Madden and NHL early, but FIFA is the game I wanted to be able to play early the most.

omgkitty

Sweet a GK save slider. Might have to mess with that since Szczesny's rating is 3 or 4 points too damn low. Other than that though, and possibly the defensive line sliders, it kind of seems like easy sliders like they used to have in the old school Madden games.

Qatar

Can't wait till I get my hands on FIFA, the game that I play the most.
I'd ditch any other game I have just for FIFA.

Goodbye Andy Gray, Welcome Alan Smith

omgkitty

Qatar said:
Can't wait till I get my hands on FIFA, the game that I play the most.
I'd ditch any other game I have just for FIFA.

Goodbye Andy Gray, Welcome Alan Smith

It's funny because I'm an Arsenal fan and didn't even know he ever played for us until I heard the commentary in the demo haha

Hieberrr

I am so hyped! Got my PS3 pre-order on lock! Woot woot!

I'm completely new to FIFA so this is gonna be a huge learning curve, especially with all of those dribbling moves and skills.

Soi-Fong

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Any plans for PS3GAF to get something organized (league or club)? My xbox is red ringed and I can't afford to have it fixed right now so I can't play with xboxGAF.

I support this. My 360 has red-ringed as well, and there's no point in getting it fixed. Someone should start up a PS3 community thread for FIFA 12.

I would do it, but I'm still a junior member and can't make new threads yet.

sneaky77

ShallNoiseUpon said:

we'll miss you

Desaan

I'm going to wait till there are some more reputable reviews out before deciding, my main concern is the career mode. Last years version was diabolical and horrendously prone to having save files go corrupt for some reason, or you loaded up your save game to see several players named '10' with a overal rating of '8548574' in your squad, which resulted in the game hanging when you tried to play. Then there where the cup draw bugs, player rating bugs etcetera etcetera....

Desaan

rvy said:
Suarez.jpg

They'll never walk alone, but they'll surely rage.

That's just inexcusable and totally lazy, but like my friends just said "he doesn't play for Man.City/United, Chelsea so therefore gets the Mr.Generic treatment".

rvy

Banned
Desaan said:
That's just inexcusable and totally lazy, but like my friends just said "he doesn't play for Man.City/United, Chelsea so therefore gets the Mr.Generic treatment".
You should check out the faces of players that aren't on a the big teams of the 4 big leagues. It's a beautiful mess.

sneaky77

rvy said:
You should check out the faces of players that aren't on a the big teams of the 4 big leagues. It's a beautiful mess.

yeah no kidding... waaa... all 23 of my players dont have their faces... geez.. try being a fan of a team that has none or maybe 1 if you're lucky.

Does this mean Newcastle United are a big team?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

omgkitty said:
It's funny because I'm an Arsenal fan and didn't even know he ever played for us until I heard the commentary in the demo haha

If you're under 20 I can forgive this, if you're older than I'm concerned.

Fry

Some more players guys:

dtgF9.jpg

Bale doesn't look like a monkey this time.

vLG1Z.jpg

Robben is finally bald..

dkhm4.jpg

Gomez

HCxPh.jpg

Little Pea

ZTgFW.jpg

Enrique

Players look awesome. The problem is, the generic ones looks horrible most of the time.

Desaan

rvy said:

You'd think even if they hired one guy to do the faces, starting from the release of last years FIFA - they would have a massive chunk more realistic textured faces. It's obviously not a PFA licensing problem otherwise they wouldn't have the names and I'm pretty sure it's not because EA can't afford anyone to do it so that leaves the "We couldn't be bothered" solution.

Oh well :(

Top Bottom