• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
any pc guys fancy starting a club? Ill do all the hard work i just need some interest :D

I've been playing some more today, but this time avoiding using the B button and instead using a combination of A, RB and jockeying. It seems to be working far better now, I'm able to win the ball in play more successfully by employing high pressure as well. So for anyone else frustrated by the tackling, try that.

BAP Achievements aren't unlocking during 'Rain' games. Also the positioning is far too harsh on your BAP rating. Stray a foot in the wrong direction and you get RED.

Pctx

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I've been playing some more today, but this time avoiding using the B button and instead using a combination of A, RB and jockeying. It seems to be working far better now, I'm able to win the ball in play more successfully by employing high pressure as well. So for anyone else frustrated by the tackling, try that.
Meus,

How many hours did you put in with the demo?

JWong

Banned
Chriswok said:
BAP Achievements aren't unlocking during 'Rain' games. Also the positioning is far too harsh on your BAP rating. Stray a foot in the wrong direction and you get RED.
Post in the EA forums about it? They will deal with these issues, though the rain one sounds like it will need to be patched.
Meus Renaissance said:
Yeah, I barely use the TD button. I always use jockey and standing tackles. TD is pretty much automated jockeying with some auto blocking as well.

adelante

Meus Renaissance said:
The only way to play it imho, as a couple others and myself have highlighted in the preview thread. You might want to consider remapping those buttons though (I'm on Alternate control scheme and had it reconfigured as such: tackle A, teammate press X, contain RB).

Menelaus

Banned
Your Amazon.com order of "FIFA Soccer 12" has shipped!

5353.awww+yeah.jpg

adelante said:
The only way to play it imho, as a couple others and myself have highlighted in the preview thread. You might want to consider remapping those buttons though (I'm on Alternate control scheme and had it reconfigured as such: tackle A, teammate press X, contain RB).

The contain button seems to be the only way to win the ball for me, although it leaves you open in the spaces you leave.

moai

beware of people online using the back button while defending. you select the keeper and let the ia defend for you. how can this have slipped ea's testing?

sneaky77

moai said:
beware of people online using the back button while defending. you select the keeper and let the ia defend for you. how can this have slipped ea's testing?

Well aparently the kit clash slipped by EA too.. so is not that surprising

JWong

Banned
moai said:
Is that a bad thing? I thought everyone said AI defenders are a joke and easy to pass. =P

sneaky77

JWong said:
Is that a bad thing? I thought everyone said AI defenders are a joke and easy to pass. =P

That's not the pt... a human player is also more likely to commit errors and get out of position.

JWong

Banned
sneaky77 said:
That's not the pt... a human player is also more likely to commit errors and get out of position.
So what's the difference between 'switching to the goalkeeper with the back button' and 'turning Auto Switching to manual and not switching to the defenders'? Your defenders are AI regardless.

sneaky77

JWong said:
So what's the difference between 'switching to the goalkeeper with the back button' and 'turning Auto Switching to manual and not switching to the defenders'? Your defenders are AI regardless.

There isnt.. I always thought that was pretty lame too. I have auto switching to manual but I play my own defence.

On other news Eurogamer Review: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-25-fifa-12-review

I think the kit clash thing is more of an issue

Dineren

Banned
Played around a bit with the early release and I have a question about game face. Is it possible to change the skin color of a character with a downloaded game face in game or online? I didn't even notice, but the lighting in the picture I used wasn't that great causing my skin to be blue in game. Not a big deal since I can just retake the picture, but just curious if there was a way to adjust it without recreating.

Thanks!

Messi

Something clicked when I stopped using b to tackle and started using a combo of contain and rb/a. Now I feel like I am learning how to defend. feels good man. I also started getting some wins online. Just played argentina (me) vs real madrid. I was all over this guy and he could not stop my defending. at half time he had 2 shots neither on target. I had 8 - 7 on target. but for some reason I just could not put the ball in the back of the net. Finally managed to score in the 89th min with tevez and I jumped up screaming "GET IN YOU BEAUTY". very quickly i realised where i was and i felt like an idiot. but it was pure elation :) beating the cpu never gives me that feeling.

Carlos-tevez.jpg

On the other hand, I played as villareal today vs ajax 3-1 up at 90 min and it ended 3-3. I was raging. lol

Its growing on me :)

iNvid02

september 30th for pc version but US gets it 27th - something isn't right.

figured out a way around it though

1. change your ea profile country to US (google ea profile and its "update info" at the top)
2. download and install fifa 12 in origin
3. fire up your vpn service (lot of free ones about, just using hostizzle and openvpn)
4. click play game, wait for the release date check to complete and off you go

the release date for US is 27th at 08:00, so still wont be able to play until tomorrow afternoon
but i still beats waiting until the 30th.

iNvidious01 said:

1. change your ea profile country to US (google ea profile and its "update info" at the top)
3. fire up your vpn service (lot of free ones about, just using hostizzle and openvpn)

the release date for US is 27th at 08:00, so still wont be able to play until tomorrow afternoon

It's 3:00am here for us. Can't wait. :D

Traded in FIFA 11 and Black Ops and got $49 from Best Buy. Fuck yeah Best Buy +40% trade-in value. I only paid $30 last year for Black Ops and I got ~$32 for it. :smug

I actually haven't been following this iteration of FIFA in comparison to previous versions but I'm still excited to get my hands on it.

Fry

For anyone that played it online already: is it true that the h2h system changed? Now it's 3 points for each win, 1 for each draw?

Messi

You start in division 10, you have 12 games to get 9 points to get promoted, once promoted you must get over a certain amount of points to avoid relegation and to get promoted to the next division. throw in ea sanctioned cups weekly/bi weekly and you have a much more fun h2h experience. win is 3 pts draw is 1pt.

more you win the harder your opponents get obviously.

Anyone with the full game, can you tell me if the AI ever fouls? For the last few FIFAs they've barely done so, and even when they do it's usually because you've fooled them into doing so. As a predominantly single player user, this is a pretty big deal to me, and I'm not sure I'll be getting this year's game if there's no improvement in this area. The demo certainly wasn't promising in this respect. :(

JLG-

My package just shipped less than an hour ago and it's all the way in Oklahoma.. It better be here tomorrow!

Khanage

iNvidious01 said:

What makes you so sure this will work? Being able to play this today would be real sweet!

Tf53

My copy coming in today. I know I won't be able to put in the time I want before November, but hopefully it won't take too long to adjust to the new defense.

Ugh. I switched my order from Amazon @ $60 to Toys R Us @ $45. Turns out that TRU is going to *ship* today, and I have an expected arrival of 10/3-10/7. So basically I'm getting it a week late. Sigh, why didn't Amazon price match these guys and force me to switch my pre-order =(

bulky3000

Neo Member
Just got this, and i'm liking it a lot. But i have a problem playing Ultimate team, it crashes everytime i try to play a match, anyone been able to play this mode so far?

Aspiring

So my order shipped from amazon. Cant wait! Just hoping i get $20 credit as that was what it was when i ordered not $10.

Top Bottom