• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can someone explain the contracts aspect of Ultimate Team to me please?

I can participate in a contest to get Bronze contracts, I just won that and got 4 Bronze contracts. Now during that, every one of my players lost games that they play for me. On average I'd need 11 contracts every 5 games, how is that even remotely feasible? Are there matches that wont detract from the players contracts level? Isnt otherwise every bit of ingame money you spent used up for contracts?

(Not to mention, I havent been able to find out how to buy contracts via the trading thing)

elsk

Banned
(Reposting for another thread)

The FIFA reviewing team are looking for more people:
In general, we prefer data reviewers to be living in the country of the league they wish to review. Please remember this when applying.

You can apply here: http://fifa-talentscout.ea.com/TalentScout/index.aspx

If you happen to be a Hibs fan, you're lucky because they're in urgent need for someone to take care of that team. Looks like you get paid if you apply for the Data Editor position. They're also looking for people from Denmark, Sweden, Swiss, Austria... You should all apply, surely most of the Footy-GAF users have better knowledge than the current reviewers and editors.

If you goto the trade panel, there should be a square that says contract search. Also, if you buy a bronze pack, you should get three or four contracts per pack, and you can usually sell everything else on the marketplace for 150 coins. Which should easily make the money back you spent on packs.

Gold contract cards on gold players give you like 13+ games and usually only cost about 400 coins.

Keep building up your team and get a few squads going. there are 11 bench slots, so you should realistically have two teams built for each squad.

hyduK

Banned
Played this last night at a buddies, haven't played FIFA in forever (or a soccer game for that matter). This game feels so damn good, might have to pick it up.

sneaky77

If you goto the trade panel, there should be a square that says contract search. Also, if you buy a bronze pack, you should get three or four contracts per pack, and you can usually sell everything else on the marketplace for 150 coins. Which should easily make the money back you spent on packs.

Gold contract cards on gold players give you like 13+ games and usually only cost about 400 coins.

Keep building up your team and get a few squads going. there are 11 bench slots, so you should realistically have two teams built for each squad.

vat?
I made one team and played one game but I have no idea how all the extra cards like stadium or contracts or whatever works

Desaan

Any tips for new people?

How does this whole ultimate team thing work?

Ultimate Team has a tutorial this time around doesn't it? It's basically just a big card trading game with coins as currency and you earn coins from playing matches and completing tasks, you then either use them to buy bronze/silver/gold quality player packs or use the card auctioning system to get specific players. One of the more in depth modes of FIFA.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Any tips for selling players? I have 2 decent Bronze players up for trade, starting bid 150 but no one bid on them for like 6 hours.

Can anyone with both a PC copy and a 360 (or I guess PS3 could answer my question too) tell me if the EA Sports Football Club level and stuff you buy syncs between the 2 different versions? I always buy the game on 360, and I was wondering if I double dipped and bought the PC version, if my 360 Football Club level would be the same between the two, or if I'd start at level 0 on the new PC version.

HenryHSH

Can someone explain the contracts aspect of Ultimate Team to me please?

I can participate in a contest to get Bronze contracts, I just won that and got 4 Bronze contracts. Now during that, every one of my players lost games that they play for me. On average I'd need 11 contracts every 5 games, how is that even remotely feasible? Are there matches that wont detract from the players contracts level? Isnt otherwise every bit of ingame money you spent used up for contracts?

(Not to mention, I haven't been able to find out how to buy contracts via the trading thing)

I'm still using bronze players and haven't reached contract time yet, but wouldn't it be cheaper to keep a few players (The ones you like) and change the rest?

Toma

I'm still using bronze players and haven't reached contract time yet, but wouldn't it be cheaper to keep a few players (The ones you like) and change the rest?

Well, a new players costs 200 too. For 500 you can get 3 new contracts from a Bronze pack apparently, meaning you can keep 3 of your players (and sell some other players for a few bucks). 3 new players would be 600. My math correct?

Besides, decent players that enhance your chemistry might not be quite as cheap.

HenryHSH

Are 3 contracts guaranteed in a bronze pack? All it says for me is that it includes 12 items, mostly bronze & 1 rare for 400 coins.

Contracts can be bought out for 150 minimum each, right? So to renew 6 players by buying contracts it would cost you 900. So, that means buying packs is cheaper and probably better for bronze tier teams.

I think buying a pack makes more sense at this level, keep the things you want and sell the rest for 150 each. Then if you still want some players, you can probably find 60-64 rated bronze players for 150 buyout and 7 games contracts.

But I'm new to this, so I might be missing something.

edit: Just opened a bronze pack.

3 Players
+5% Upper Body (Not sure what that is, guessing trainer or physio)
Normal and shiny contract (will sell the shiny one)
Fitness, morale and heading cards
Badge, away kit and a ball (which has a silver background)

I think you can easily make a profit buying bronze packs. :eek:

Toma

Or another tactic: You can use the trash players from the pack to make up a team and use them to earn some cash offline (some tournaments are really easily winnable).

If a pack really contains 3 contracts, you could buy 4 bronze packs (costing you 2000), use all the contracts for your team and then use up the other players which still should be enough to beat the easy contracts. You dont make money from that but still would be constantly raising the contract number for your main team.

Right?

Toma

How/Where can I use a gk coach (I assume it is at least. A guys portrait with some gloves in the upper left hand).

Training is only working for one game,right?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That's how I'm playing it right now. Make sure origin is completely closed, in the notification area as well, when you start your vpn. Then load origin up. The vpn I'm using is called Hotspot Shield. Have you already preloaded it?

im using hotspot too but it always loads up the uk store :[ no idea what im doing wrong, the game is preloaded

Any tips for selling players? I have 2 decent Bronze players up for trade, starting bid 150 but no one bid on them for like 6 hours.

I usually just set up auctions for an hour and adjust accordingly. Take a look at the same player you are trying to sell on the market and see what he is going for, or if he isn't moving at all. At some point it may be better to keep the player for now, or you could always quick sell, but the value is terrible.

As far as building a team goes, getting to 100 chemistry is far more important than getting good players. Once you have 100 chem, you can start buying improved players. Also, keep note of the individual chemistry of each player. 9 is the best you can do per player, and that will affect that player's performance, even if you have 100 squad chemistry.

Watch the fitness levels, and morale levels of your players. Both will affect the quality of your players in game.

I have yet to spend a dime (probably will buy a few packs, getting a player worth 75000 coins goes a long way if you get lucky), and have built a Serie A Gold squad. It isn't a great squad, but patience is important. Also, don't worry about losing so much, because you will probably lose at least 50% of your matches.

These sites both have a lot of useful resources:
www.futhead.com
www.ultimatedb.nl

How/Where can I use a gk coach (I assume it is at least. A guys portrait with some gloves in the upper left hand).

I think they are under staff? In trading.

Also a nice tip, any managers with a plus to contracts keep, over time they will add up and give you lots of extra contracts per player. You can only have one of each manager.

Toma

I usually just set up auctions for an hour and adjust accordingly. Take a look at the same player you are trying to sell on the market and see what he is going for, or if he isn't moving at all. At some point it may be better to keep the player for now, or you could always quick sell, but the value is terrible.

As far as building a team goes, getting to 100 chemistry is far more important than getting good players. Once you have 100 chem, you can start buying improved players. Also, keep note of the individual chemistry of each player. 9 is the best you can do per player, and that will affect that player's performance, even if you have 100 squad chemistry.

Watch the fitness levels, and morale levels of your players. Both will affect the quality of your players in game.

I have yet to spend a dime (probably will buy a few packs, getting a player worth 75000 coins goes a long way if you get lucky), and have built a Serie A Gold squad. It isn't a great squad, but patience is important. Also, don't worry about losing so much, because you will probably lose at least 50% of your matches.

These sites both have a lot of useful resources:
www.futhead.com
www.ultimatedb.nl

Where can I see the players individual chemistry?

Toma

I think they are under staff? In trading.

Also a nice tip, any managers with a plus to contracts keep, over time they will add up and give you lots of extra contracts per player. You can only have one of each manager.

Well, I dont want to trade/buy them. I already have one and I cant figure out how to use him. In trading I can only buy/trade players/staff/contracts.

Toma

When in the squad selection screen, where you can use the right stick to shuffle through the different screens on each card, there should be one with Fitness, Morale, and Chemistry all there.

Ah thanks. So if I have a 96 chemistry Bronze team with every player on 9 chemistry, I assume I am good. Is there a certain percentage how the individual and overall chemistry affect stats? Like 90% overall gives 9% stat boost or something.

Well, I dont want to trade/buy them. I already have one and I cant figure out how to use him. In trading I can only buy/trade players/staff/contracts.

You need the training card it self, the coach will just give the overall effectiveness a boost.

Ah thanks. So if I have a 96 chemistry Bronze team with every player on 9 chemistry, I assume I am good. Is there a certain percentage how the individual and overall chemistry affect stats? Like 90% overall gives 9% stat boost or something.

I don't know exactly how it works to that extent. you can use that futhead site to create your squad and share it too! If I have time while at work I'll try to create my team I'm currently using.

Yep first touches, pass success and fatigue etc will all better with a higher level of chem.

No rise in stats at all, you're team will just be making the most of what is already available.

That squad wasn't very expensive. De Jong and Viviano may have been the only two I paid more than 1000 coins for. And at that it was maybe 1100, or 1200. A cheap gold squad is easy to obtain. A good gold squad is not though.

Also, I had the most fun with a 100 chem Axpo Swiss League Bronze team in FUT 12.

W Hudson

So far this game has been pretty rage inducing for me. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but I am getting my ass handed to me in seasons mode. So far my record is 2 wins, 2 draws, and 11 losses. I did much better in FIFA 12 (probably won about 60% of the time), but for whatever reason I'm getting drilled this year. It seems like my defenders are always out of position and my back line is too far forward, and I am getting killed on the counter attack, giving up way too many free runs on goal. Whenever I try and counter attack there are always defenders in place and nowhere near the same room to work with.

I've read that some people set their back line to not push forward or something. Is this a common practice among those here who have been having success? I try and play an up-tempo type of game, but it seems like it just isn't working for me. I usually put up 2 goals a game but have been giving up 4-5 pretty often. I know I'm doing something wrong but just can't quite figure it out yet. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Russian league was mine, had it all, finisihing, pace, skill moves all over the place!

I was mingling with a decent Silver squad, El Sharawaay and Bannan being the centerpieces but then I lost interest in 12.

I was looking this year, and Agbonlahor and Benteke are both monsters, and both Silver players. They're also really expensive already.

EDIT: OMG, so is Lukaku. I'm working the three of them into a squad at some point.

I was looking this year, and Agbonlahor and Benteke are both monsters, and both Silver players. They're also really expensive already.

They will be plus they are are EPL and they go for crazy money.

If anyone is considering spending major space bucks do it this weekend and over the next week, the market will be red hot.

Open packs, sell and build a war chest I had well over one million within a week last year.

Soi-Fong

So far this game has been pretty rage inducing for me. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but I am getting my ass handed to me in seasons mode. So far my record is 2 wins, 2 draws, and 11 losses. I did much better in FIFA 12 (probably won about 60% of the time), but for whatever reason I'm getting drilled this year. It seems like my defenders are always out of position and my back line is too far forward, and I am getting killed on the counter attack, giving up way too many free runs on goal. Whenever I try and counter attack there are always defenders in place and nowhere near the same room to work with.

I've read that some people set their back line to not push forward or something. Is this a common practice among those here who have been having success? I try and play an up-tempo type of game, but it seems like it just isn't working for me. I usually put up 2 goals a game but have been giving up 4-5 pretty often. I know I'm doing something wrong but just can't quite figure it out yet. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Same exact thing for me. Offensively I can find spaces in even the most crowded areas, but once I lose the ball I never win it back till it's practically outside the penalty box or in it. Don't know how the hell some players are defending at all, but on quick counter attacks, my defense line is too far forward with opponents just using chip through shots, which would allow runners to get through on goal.

All of my goals so far have come from keeping the ball in the ground trying find spaces to pass the ball into, but as always the defenders on opposition teams for some reason are good as hell on marking (and this is AI as I'm finding numerous defenders marking my attackers and not just the one marking me who has the ball), while mine sucks monkey balls.

I have a question. You cant play Online be a pro clubs with your career mode player? When i went over to play a friendly be a pro match it ask me to create a player but I already have a create a player for my career mode.

Separate Online and Offline Pros (to stop people boosting offline)

Russian league was mine, had it all, finisihing, pace, skill moves all over the place!

Yup. This is the league to build a gold team with. Cheap and 'unknown' quality players, plus you can spend big on Hulk if you really want to.

Toma

Are sparkle Bronze cards better than normal Bronze cards of the same player or is that just a collectible thing?

Separate Online and Offline Pros (to stop people boosting offline)

Yup. This is the league to build a gold team with. Cheap and 'unknown' quality players, plus you can spend big on Hulk if you really want to.

Plus Honda, Dzgoev, Doumbia, and Eto'o in the RPL. Lots of places to spend some pretend gold on.

Are sparkle Bronze cards better than normal Bronze cards of the same player or is that just a collectible thing?

Collectible thing. I don't think they appear as often in packs.

Khanage

im using hotspot too but it always loads up the uk store :[ no idea what im doing wrong, the game is preloaded

That's strange. I always get the US store when using hotspot. Google 'my ip address' and see where it says you are. Maybe there's a setting in hotspot where you can choose to have it show your ip originating from the US?

Toma

Plus Honda, Dzgoev, Doumbia, and Eto'o in the RPL. Lots of places to spend some pretend gold on.

Collectible thing. I don't think they appear as often in packs.

Thanks for all these answers btw. Very much appreciated. The only thing I still havent been able to figure out is how to use staff (like my GK coach). I can only buy/trade them, but not use them. They arent consumable but the only spot I can put a card into is the club manager spot. Sorry if the answer to that seems to be super obvious, but I absolutely cant find it.

Thanks for all these answers btw. Very much appreciated. The only thing I still havent been able to figure out is how to use staff (like my GK coach). I can only buy/trade them, but not use them. They arent consumable but the only spot I can put a card into is the club manager spot. Sorry if the answer to that seems to be super obvious, but I absolutely cant find it.

Just by posessing them in your club, they boost the stats. They aren't consumables or anything else. Super easy:)

Toma

Just by posessing them in your club, they boost the stats. They aren't consumables or anything else. Super easy:)

Ah, oh wow. Well that was easy, yeah.They really could have stated that a bit more...obvious. And I assume I can only have one of them always have in my club, right?

What types of staff are there? The only one I found were like 4 dudes with gloves/hands in the upper right hand. GK coaches? I assume those are super common then?

Actually, not completely sure on that. I have no idea if they are stackable or not. Haven't explored them to much honestly. Just something I've gotten in packs and left alone.

elsk

Banned
I have a question. You cant play Online be a pro clubs with your career mode player? When i went over to play a friendly be a pro match it ask me to create a player but I already have a create a player for my career mode.

Yeah, looks like EA changed it this year. Now pretty much you can only use your VP for online gaming, or else create a temporary VP for a local career.

In FIFA 11 and 12 you just had to create a VP and it worked for every single mode in the game, but I believe they changed that to prevent people from 'hacking' and making their VP like 99 overall without any effort.

After smashing my head into my controller playing a game mode due to one of the music tracks being god awful, I found out that the Select Button will switch to the next song.

Thank god. There's one awful dubsteppish track that makes me want to kill myself.

Yeah, looks like EA changed it this year. Now pretty much you can only use your VP for online gaming, or else create a temporary VP for a local career.

In FIFA 11 and 12 you just had to create a VP and it worked for every single mode in the game, but I believe they changed that to prevent people from 'hacking' and making their VP like 99 overall without any effort.

It's a great change! Because I was one of the cheaters too. =3

When I went on OTP with my Pro, everyone was like OVR 90.

After smashing my head into my controller playing a game mode due to one of the music tracks being god awful, I found out that the Select Button will switch to the next song.

Thank god. There's one awful dubsteppish track that makes me want to kill myself.

It's a great change! Because I was one of the cheaters too. =3

When I went on OTP with my Pro, everyone was like OVR 90.

You should be able to find a music menu where you can toggle tracks to not be on the playlist. Also, speaking of the select to skip tracks, it even works when you are using it to toggle the replay control screen on and off :D

I just applied my game face to my VP. However, I cant seem to select a team for him to progress in a Career Mode. How exactly do you build up your pro's stats?

Lol, playing career mode as West Ham and I tried to buy Tom Ince from Blackpool - they accepted my bid, but he turned down my contract offer, saying he would never play for West Ham due to our history with his father and that he believed the fans would be incapable of accepting him!

Top Bottom