• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Waiting on switch impressions. Please be good!
My cousin got it today and he says it's amazing, "ultra playable, and portable". He usually plays it on XBox One. Can't wait !

q8Uxhtk.jpg

Try using "slow" gameplay speed setting.

Also, yeah, as others have said, keepers need work. They are more vulnerable to near post shots than ever, and anything low is once again baffling to them.

Didn't realise there was that option. Thanks for the tip. I've found going manual slows it down as well but needs some getting used to.

Why does its eShop page have only "screenshots" of menus/loading screens and no video? Like, why would you not show off the game?

krpiper

How big is the save file? Is it NBA 2k18 in size :p also is everything on the cart or is there a required download also?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Packed a TOTW for the first time ever and it's Samassa...

Was saving 7 or 8 Premium Gold Packs for Friday but couldn't wait. Now I wish I kept them, as always :(

heringer

My cousin got it today and he says it's amazing, "ultra playable, and portable". He usually plays it on XBox One. Can't wait !

Ugh, I'm starving for detailed impressions. :(

How does it play? Is it more like FIFA 16? FIFA 17?

I felt it was way faster than the PC version (judging by videos), which reminded me of 16.

Keep nagging him!

stoke1863

Been enjoying PES18 a lot, on the pitch I feel it represents real football better.

However I could be tempted by a good switch version.

Putosaure

How big is the save file? Is it NBA 2k18 in size :p also is everything on the cart or is there a required download also?

AFAIK save file is around 120MB but I guess it can get bigger with progress in the game for example ? And I think there is a day one patch.

OryoN

Why does its eShop page have only "screenshots" of menus/loading screens and no video? Like, why would you not show off the game?

That's one thing I really hate to see on eshop. Like how freaking hard is that! It's especially silly when your are trying to introduce - and ultimately sell - a totally new(or retro) game that no one really knows much about. A gameplay video is very simple marketing tool to have at your disposal on these virtual shops, and yet several devs(big publishers included) don't take the time to do even that. Several eshop games are an automatic no-purchase, for me, because of that. Unless, of course, it's a well known game/franchise.

Carlius

Banned
I cba with todays dailies

Win an online seasons game with a clean sheet? fuck that stress

Because the old engine is the same as 360/ps3 and won't have the new animations, why would it?
I thought it was using ignite engine, which is the engine used for xbox one and ps4 when fifa 15 came out.

Man I was thinking about picking this up on ps4 but everyone in here keeps talking about the switch version! I might need to change over to that!

BigEmil

Man can't even find FIFA 18 at standard £40 RRP every store including online ones doing over £40 because they know this game will sell buttloads regardless every single year :/

NateDrake

My download is almost done. I'll capture some Switch docked footage and do a quick comparison to the Xbox One version tonight.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What's the best way to "git gudder"?

Been trying online matches and getting stomped of course.

Career? Journey? FUT? Though my team is ass

NateDrake

Looks great to me! Does the switch version tell you how many are playing online? I remember the pc versions a few years back did which was the last version I played.

I'll check on that. Waiting on the Xbox One version to finish DLing so I can put together a quick comparison between the two versions.

What's the best way to "git gudder"?

Been trying online matches and getting stomped of course.

Close dribble button left trigger is your friend. Also if you are in traffic, your first instinct to get around defenders, movement needs to be sideways or backwards, not forwards to get around people

I'm at divvy 4 online so I'm a decent player

Blablurn

Why make the OT name reference one specific version of the game?, really odd.

Cause its obviously a highlight of this years iteration of FIFA. A return to Nintendo. And as you can see, many are very interested in this particular version (I personally would like to talk more about the Next Gen Version tho haha). We had many non-specific names in the past.

Please respect this.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Any PS4Pro benefits for 1080p set users?

Blackie

Have played Fifa once or twice but this will be my first purchase of the game. Impressions of Switch version seem good so I'm getting excited for release!

mavo

Banned
Played on EA Access last weekend and it was different....

Don't know how to feel, although i agree with those that say it feels easy to score goals, played with a cousin, he was beating me 4-0 before 25 mins so we restarted, new game i go up 4-0 before 25 mins lol.

Also waiting on Switch impressions, of course it wont be 1:1 on gameplay but i hope is at least somewhat similar.

edit:
Yikes i just read no FUT Champions on Switch, think i may be skipping this one.

Thanks ppl for the feedback on my speed question yesterday.

This whole gold coin crap really leaves me with an bad taste in my mouth honestly. I hear from friends and colleagues how much some kids spend on FUT. Honestly makes me hesitant to tacitly support this by buying the game even though I really want it.

The way they can sell it, really noticed it in last years FIFAs FUT. They are really really good at what they do. Better then other games I have seen try to do this. (Not I have really looked though)

But I haven't had my coffee yet and I will probably break and buy it before the week is over.

This whole gold coin crap really leaves me with an bad taste in my mouth honestly. I hear from friends and colleagues how much some kids spend on FUT. Honestly makes me hesitant to tacitly support this by buying the game even though I really want it.

The way they can sell it, really noticed it in last years FIFAs FUT. They are really really good at what they do. Better then other games I have seen try to do this. (Not I have really looked though)

But I haven't had my coffee yet and I will probably break and buy it before the week is over.

Well there's nobody forcing these people to spend real money. You can earn coins in game just by playing it. I have zero intention of spending any actual cash.

TAD

I've done FUT a few years without buying any coins and without messing around buying and selling players to earn coins and I don't think I've ever had a player worth over 7-8k coins either so not through luck.

Just play offline to start with until you have a gold squad with good chemistry and take it from there, you can get lots of decent gold players for 800 coins each and slot in your loanees where needed. If you've played FIFA before go into the EA catalogue thing as well and buy the coin boosts at the start as well, that helps you out because you can be getting nearly 800 coins a game against the AI then.

If you go online with a 100 chemistry gold squad you should be able to do the first season pretty easily just because you'll come up against a lot of people that have jumped straight online with a bronze squad and a loaned Marco Reus playing left back.

Top Bottom