• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

Xater

That's good IMO. And there is no VC, like in the NBA 2k18?

You can but FIFA Points with real money to buy FUT packs. That's the extend of the microtransactions.

Edit: Tried online seasons. Got into a match surprisingly quick. Was a bit laggy at times, but might have been the connection of my opponent. Felt like FIFA usually feels when the opponent's connection is kinda crappy. Most of the time it was fine during the match though.

tsab

Google says that Fifa18 for switch supports 8 player local.
I am guessing 8 single joycons, 1 assigned per player. Correct?

frankMX

Edit: Tried online seasons. Got into a match surprisingly quick. Was a bit laggy at times, but might have been the connection of my opponent. Felt like FIFA usually feels when the opponent's connection is kinda crappy. Most of the time it was fine during the match though.

That sounds good enough for me,thanks.

tanuki

The Switch version is already out in the Japanese eshop, so I downloaded it.

First impressions, I'm really impressed. EA did an amazing job. Looks and plays wonderfully. Really hope this does well so we see future non-legacy iterations.

DagsJT

The Switch version is already out in the Japanese eshop, so I downloaded it.

First impressions, I'm really impressed. EA did an amazing job. Looks and plays wonderfully. Really hope this does well so we see future non-legacy iterations.

Is English language available?

Hixx

Squad battles has done my head in, I'm fed up with it and the game hasn't even officially released! On day 1 (Tuesday) I had a horrible squad (my best two players were Delph and Berahino!) yet I managed to beat all four teams and the Griezmann squad on World Class difficulty and the games genuinely felt fun. I was surprised.

Yesterday I had a better squad, came up against worse squads but only won 2 of the 4. Frustrating but I can deal with it.

Today I've got players like Alli, Mata and Hernandez and I'm 0 for 2 and it's borderline impossible to score. I'm baffled. Just completely at a loss. I'm defending pretty well, they never really get into the box but when they do, they score. The stats screens genuinely end up like me having 10-15 shots, around half on target, no goals. They have 2 or 3 total but score pretty much every one.

I've played like 30 FUT games now across the modes and my only defeats have been against the AI. It's absurd. Online I'm sweeping up.

It's driving me mad. Thousands of hours of CS have calmed my competitive nerd rage and I accept losing to better players. But squad battles feels like being cheated. It does come with a disclaimer that it's harder than other modes but yeah, I'm stumped. I feel like I would need an 85+ squad to compete now and once you've got that what's the point??

On a non-gameplay related note.. the mode is going to end up a pure grind. You'll need the 4 wins a day on WC+ to get anything worthwhile. Have fun?

Is this the official Fifa 18 thread? Or the switch version of it?

Weird it hasnt been created yet if that's he case, Pre-ordered our version as we just play it for Pro clubs now, Probably won't be any changes to that mode like usual, Hopefully something in the catalogue to spend all those points on.

More importantly i wonder if the glitch will work to get all traits again on your player.

They did actually change some things without announcing it this year. You can have 3 positions set that you can quick swap to from the select position screen, so for example I have a ST, CDM and LM all set up so I can switch to whatever is free at the time. They also changed the unlocking of traits to a skill tree instead of just putting points in whatever, seems like that just came over from the new things in the Journey.

Have 't really tried. You can run around though and hit the celebrate button at any time you want, so I assume they must have context based celebrations.

Yeh but that's been in FIFA for years now, along with different celebrations depending on the button combination.

KodaRuss

I went head and bit on Switch Fifa, after trading in some games at gamestop. Been a very long time since I have played a soccer game. Looking forward to it.

FeD.nL

It was quite a while since I played a FIFA game: what's the current post-release content strategy for EA regarding FIFA? DLC? Seasons pass? Free updates? No content updates?

To add to the responses you already have. 2018 is a WC year, so expect some dlc in the form of all the stadiums and national teams that are participating. Probably drops somewhere around May/June.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They did actually change some things without announcing it this year. You can have 3 positions set that you can quick swap to from the select position screen, so for example I have a ST, CDM and LM all set up so I can switch to whatever is free at the time. They also changed the unlocking of traits to a skill tree instead of just putting points in whatever, seems like that just came over from the new things in the Journey.

Is there a PC GAF club again this year?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to get a digital switch copy at this time?

Lylo

Just bought the game on the JP eShop, strangely enough, they now accepted my brazilian credit card. I paid around $ 54, seems like a good deal. I'm super excited for this, it's downloading now!

ajjow

Just bought the game on the JP eShop, strangely enough, they now accepted my brazilian credit card. I paid around $ 54, seems like a good deal. I'm super excited for this, it's downloading now!

Is it banco do Brasil?

how did u do it?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Japan would not have any of my credit cards, and I can't get it linked to paypal or find eshop voucher cards.. buh

Lylo

Is it banco do Brasil?

how did u do it?

No, it's Itaú (MasterCard International). I already had a Japanese account that i created a few months ago to buy Mario Kart so i used that one to access the eShop, then I just selected credit card as payment and input the details, before today, i only had success using this CC on the South African eShop, but not on the Japanese and North American eShops.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Keeping a close eye in the Switch version, love the good first impressions. This will be my First console FIFA after many years

On the Switch, probably not. The other platforms, just use the system's built in last 30-second record thing.

Besides the first ever 2 FIFA games, I've played them all on PC. You can usually save a number of replays if you go to Instant Replay. Is this not a thing on the console versions?

Ugh. I bought it for my PS4 Pro already. But seriously considering double-dipping with the Switch version for portable Fifa. Love the idea of being able to play wherever I go.

If my FUT was shared between the two versions, sold.

f@luS

More than a member.
Available in France eshop
Started to download but gotta go to work. Can’t wait for tomorrow

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Squad battles has done my head in, I'm fed up with it and the game hasn't even officially released! On day 1 (Tuesday) I had a horrible squad (my best two players were Delph and Berahino!) yet I managed to beat all four teams and the Griezmann squad on World Class difficulty and the games genuinely felt fun. I was surprised.

Yesterday I had a better squad, came up against worse squads but only won 2 of the 4. Frustrating but I can deal with it.

Today I've got players like Alli, Mata and Hernandez and I'm 0 for 2 and it's borderline impossible to score. I'm baffled. Just completely at a loss. I'm defending pretty well, they never really get into the box but when they do, they score. The stats screens genuinely end up like me having 10-15 shots, around half on target, no goals. They have 2 or 3 total but score pretty much every one.

I've played like 30 FUT games now across the modes and my only defeats have been against the AI. It's absurd. Online I'm sweeping up.

It's driving me mad. Thousands of hours of CS have calmed my competitive nerd rage and I accept losing to better players. But squad battles feels like being cheated. It does come with a disclaimer that it's harder than other modes but yeah, I'm stumped. I feel like I would need an 85+ squad to compete now and once you've got that what's the point??

On a non-gameplay related note.. the mode is going to end up a pure grind. You'll need the 4 wins a day on WC+ to get anything worthwhile. Have fun?
I’m doing it on professional I’m gold 1 atm so still decent rewards

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Besides the first ever 2 FIFA games, I've played them all on PC. You can usually save a number of replays if you go to Instant Replay. Is this not a thing on the console versions?
Yeah it is. I’m tempted to double dip again but last year FUT was filled to the brim with cheaters and all my mates play PS4 so..

Top Bottom