• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

LNBL

Started with a horrible win-loss record, got to 12-2-14.

Started figuring out the defending controls more and more and now on a 10 win streak :) The game is so much more enjoyable than Fifa 17.

Also squad battles is an amazing addition to the game

Has the game officially been released yet or did they just forget to update Origin? On my slow Aussie internet connection I'll be lucky to play it this weekend.

TAS

The Switch eShop lists the game as 13.4 GB in size. For those buyers going with a physical copy, will the entire game ship on the cartridge or will we be required to download additional data?

f@luS

More than a member.
Ok i played a bit
I didn’t buy a fifa game for ages.

On handheld it absolutely amazing. Looks next gen-Ish to have such a polished football game on the go. Plays good as well.
On tv it looks very so-so. They could have used some anti aliasing. Colors are too vivid as well imho. I have fifa 17 from EA access and it looks a generation behind almost I think. Yet on handheld it looks really really stunning.

I like how Nintendo.com says "pre-purchase" when the release time has already passed. Even weirder when you can't pre-purchase any Switch game so far.

So, I've got the physical game. It looks great despite it not being Frostbite. Granted, I haven't played Fifa since '14, so it feels like what I remember. I tested it in both portable and docked mode and it runs exactly as I dreamed it would. Sitting out on my deck playing it in portable mode is such a wonderful experience.

However! A few things to consider.

First, there's an update that you need to download before you play. I'm not sure how big it is, but it didn't take much off my data. The download took 15 minutes (I'm in Australia, we have shite internet here). No biggie.

The other thing is a bit of a stinger. It seems like you can't play against a friend. There IS online mode, but no option to play against someone from your friend list. I believe it's a huge oversight from EA and Nintendo. Hopefully it gets patched in soon.

https://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2017/09/29/cant-play-friends-online-fifa-18-nintendo-switch/

DagsJT

I've played about 20 games on the PS4 and I'm convinced that Professional is a lot more difficult than 17 was. Also slow speed is anything but, it's pretty much normal speed.

This morning I played the Switch version and it's exactly how I expect Professional and Slow to play.

Weird how the PS4 version is so different.

pbsapeer

Banned
US Gamer on what is missing in the Switch version and if it is worth it: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fifa-18-on-the-switch-is-missing-much-more-than-just-the-journey

I don't think I entirely agree with their conclusion but it's fair.
Disappointed that the new transfer stuff isn’t in there but mainly because I solely play career mode.
I think I’m most disappointed because they said we basically wouldn’t get the journey but now it’s a bit more. Still excited mind.

Rogan

Banned
My first FIFA since 08 I won't buy.

Sold my PS4 but I don't feel like playing FIFA on the PC. Ultimate team was bad the last few versions.

snipah

Neo Member
Quick question: local multiplayer on one console with max. two or four players? If only two, it‘s dead for me: Need it for a trip with friends next weekend...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Downloaded FIFA 18 for Switch last night, checked it a bit this morning before leaving for work. You log in with an Origin account. Unfortunately currently neither the web app nor the mobile app supports the Switch FUT club.

whyman

Damn a bit bummed this morgning. Before pre ordering I was under the impression it woould be the same game (gameplay) as the console/pc versions but now it seems Fifa 18 on Switch is based on Fifa 16. Is this true?

Top Bottom