• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now we all get 8 frames

oprah-free-car.gif
You get 8 frames, and you get 8 frames, everybody gets 8 frames !

cj_iwakura

If anyone's interested in the dethroning of California in the Catherine scene, we've challenged Dacid/Toph/Mike to a Florida/Cali 3v3 at CEOtaku. Hoping to get it on the main stage.

If I own a digital copy of a 360 game on my Live account I can still redownload it, right? That used to be the case but I wanna make sure that hasn't changed before I pick up another 360.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Half of the current stages will have stage transitions or KO special screens. They were always in the game, but for whatever reason, Capcom didn't activate them until the patch next week.
always thought it was a pretty obvious blemish to have something shown in your reveal trailer like that only happen in one other stage out of however many. cool that they're enabling this in other stages.

always thought it was a pretty obvious blemish to have something shown in your reveal trailer like that only happen in one other stage out of however many. cool that they're enabling this in other stages.

It's not all that different from time-release characters in the arcade. Something to keep people coming back to the game. But this is a game that people bought so I guess that's the main difference.

since the game undersold, I wouldn't be surprised if capcom went back on the idea of avoiding similar characters. bringing back Sagat and Akuma and Evil Ryu and Dan...

Sayad

Thought they went back on that idea when they announced Ken. Sagat and Akuma will just get the Ken treatment.

Dan isn't coming back, not when they have to sell those DLC characters.

Dahbomb

Akuma, Sagat and Sakura will be in the game eventually.

And they went back on the idea when they had Ken/Ryu and Guile/Nash. Sure Guile/Nash are quite different in playstyle but they didn't always be that different. These other characters might get an overhaul like Vega.

I-hate-u

since the game undersold, I wouldn't be surprised if capcom went back on the idea of avoiding similar characters. bringing back Sagat and Akuma and Evil Ryu and Dan...

Yeah, I think they are so ready to add the popular characters. RIP Oro, Sodom, Remy etc, now is the time for Akuma, Sagat and Evil Ryu.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Season 2 planning has to have started a long time ago, unless they don't want to release it for the next year. Can't imagine character selection is too influenced by sales.

What are the go-to monitors these days? I'm working on putting a setup together after being retired from fighting games for a while. Is it still Asus and Benq monitors? Which ones are the normal ones to get?

Tripon

What are the go-to monitors these days? I'm working on putting a setup together after being retired from fighting games for a while. Is it still Asus and Benq monitors? Which ones are the normal ones to get?
Most places still use Asus and BenQ.

IPS monitors are getting really good at being good at being at par in terms of lag with TN monitor with superior visuals. I'd pay the market premium for a IPS monitor.

Look up www.displaylag.com to check out the particular monitor you want to see how it measures up.

I think you overstate the importance of day 1 sales.

SF3, the game that "killed the SF franchise" (nonsense, btw) had 2 chances to add a bunch of fan favorites in order to attract casuals.

They added Chun and Akuma...and a naked man, a cyborg dude, a tom boy, a bishonen, a puddy man, and an Andore. No Sagat. No Sakura. No Guile. No Blanka.

Capcom has a history of not giving a sh*t when it comes to character additions, regardless of sales. They openly admitted to adding Adon in SF4 even though they knew no one cared about him. Capcam adds who they want, when they want. If they want to add Remy to SF5, we're getting Remy.

And anyways, reading interviews from the developers of SF5, it doesn't sound as if they're panicking anywhere near as much as GAF thinks they are. They've stated many times that this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Pompadour

I think you overstate the importance of day 1 sales.

SF3, the game that "killed the SF franchise" (nonsense, btw) had 2 chances to add a bunch of fan favorites in order to attract casuals.

They added Chun and Akuma...and a naked man, a cyborg dude, a tom boy, a bishonen, a puddy man, and an Andore. No Sagat. No Sakura. No Guile. No Blanka.

Capcom has a history of not giving a sh*t when it comes to character additions, regardless of sales. They openly admitted to adding Adon in SF4 even though they knew no one cared about him. Capcam adds who they want, when they want. If they want to add Remy to SF5, we're getting Remy.

And anyways, reading interviews from the developers of SF5, it doesn't sound as if they're panicking anywhere near as much as GAF thinks they are. They've stated many times that this is a marathon, not a sprint.

They did add Birdie despite his popularity and made him fat which made him even less popular.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Could be more story mode, gameplay modes, VR stuff...

I'm hoping they announce that customization will get a decent shot in the arm for console release. At least upper body, lower body, hands and feet separate, return of decals, and maybe the ability to apply patterns. You could use them is subtle ways to make the generic pieces look much closer to character specific outfits in terms of detail. Although many would make green with purple polka dots... Here's hoping an option to turn off customs online for folks at least in player created rooms. Maybe a WWE style creation server where people can share and reward those who do a half decent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom