• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Dahbomb

Why does it suck though? Besides the obvious/oft pointed out things, it hasn't done anything insultingly stupid mechanically and the cast is competitive (save Potemkin who isn't even bad, just a struggle character).
Troll post is troll.

Like the post in Off topic thread where the guy said Stringer Bell from Wire is the worst black villain.

Get laid off a day after you register for Evo brehs
kttcoliwow
floydthinking.png

oh well..

SazC9Q6.png

Tupac-Shakur-i-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

Nothing stops this train brehs

BEEF.
rB6F0Tk.png
FT 7, MM OR PAY FOR DRINKS IDC IDC CANT BACK DOWN NOW PLEIGHBOI
yxOLxJj.png
yxOLxJj.png
yxOLxJj.png
kttcolipacspit

SHOUTA.
rB6F0Tk.png
FT7, IF I WIN I GET GAF DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY. I WANT THAT SHIT SIGNED TOO. IF U WIN I GET A TWO WEEK BAN EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. OR WE CAN MM, ITS UP TO YOU BREHBREH
yxOLxJj.png
yxOLxJj.png
yxOLxJj.png
yxOLxJj.png
kttcolipacspit

ANYONE FROM FGW THAT IS NOT CHAOTIX GOING TO EVO
rB6F0Tk.png
IF YOU HAVE MONEY.. WE CAN ARRANGE A LIL SUMSUM
that boy chaotix too nice breh
kttcoliwow

TORONTO GAF
monta-ellis-handshake-o_original.gif

Lets arrange a US FGW Gaf vs Canada/Toronto FGW 3v3? 4v4? Not sure how many Canadian FGW'ers are going up this year but.. lets get this lil team thang going. put up some money too cause well
rB6F0Tk.png
Tik-Tok/Vulva you got me right brehs?

eceb9898f04edbd28dcbf2c182d0f18f.437x240x42.gif

PEACE.
kttcoliwin

I wish I could help out with the new Melee initiative, but I've a Project M boy and surprisingly enough there's a lot of tech that either has totally different means of access in Melee vs Project M or just flat out doesn't exist going backwards to Melee. I'm over here messing with techskill and wondering how I don't have my Marth tippers down pat only to remember that even simple things like the Brawl sword swipe visuals really helped me see certain things better. :lol

stop playing a dead game
Kappa

fake edit: wtf CountBlackule

vulva

We were the last game in town doing free tshirts. Way too many problems with that last year and going forward.
Any reason for no early bird?
Also what's the discount on the shirt?

Edit: count, I got you in the team battle against US fgw

Pappasman

how good is melee netplay? is it a good way to lvl up? does the connection throw you off when it comes to executing combos?

Depends on the quality of the connection with your opponent. I can get used to it, but I'm never at 100% like I am locally. It's pretty great for the most part though. The only thing I can never seem to do online is consistently get good dashdances.

xezuru

how good is melee netplay? is it a good way to lvl up? does the connection throw you off when it comes to executing combos?

Assuming that both parties don't have absolute garbage PCs/dial up, Netplay can be pretty damn close to a Gamecube performance. I've said this somewhere else, but i've played 4 player PM before (live in WA, US) played with one from Oregon, One from Sweden, and One from EC US, even considering this it felt better to me than Brawl standard netcode.
When playing on same coast 1v1 you can get <2-4frame delay super easy.

I wish I could help out with the new Melee initiative, but I've a Project M boy and surprisingly enough there's a lot of tech that either has totally different means of access in Melee vs Project M or just flat out doesn't exist going backwards to Melee. I'm over here messing with techskill and wondering how I don't have my Marth tippers down pat only to remember that even simple things like the Brawl sword swipe visuals really helped me see certain things better. :lol:

Going back to Melee, I completely forgot RAR (Reverse Aerial Rush) wasn't in Melee at all, and that was a big part of my grab and mixup game before, alot of the fundamentals do transfer over but yes it takes a bit to get used to.

Sorry to hear you got laid off Count. What do you do beside making emojis?

That Jamarcus Russel still upsets me. I don't know what the Raiders were thinking.

rookiejet

I didn't mean to create more Elphelt mains. Bunch of tier enthusiasts &#65288;&#65307;¬&#65343;¬)

Hope you rebound quickly, Count

naw

Depends on the quality of the connection with your opponent. I can get used to it, but I'm never at 100% like I am locally. It's pretty great for the most part though. The only thing I can never seem to do online is consistently get good dashdances.

Assuming that both parties don't have absolute garbage PCs/dial up, Netplay can be pretty damn close to a Gamecube performance. I've said this somewhere else, but i've played 4 player PM before (live in WA, US) played with one from Oregon, One from Sweden, and One from EC US, even considering this it felt better to me than Brawl standard netcode.
When playing on same coast 1v1 you can get <2-4frame delay super easy.
nice, sounds good. might actually try it out one day

MrWizard

Evo Co-Founder
Any reason for no early bird?
Also what's the discount on the shirt?

Edit: count, I got you in the team battle against US fgw

Those are the early bird prices. Evo hasn't raised prices in roughly 10 years, and over the course of those years, Evo has gotten way more expensive to run.

We were thinking of something like $10 off.

vulva

Those are the early bird prices. Evo hasn't raised prices in roughly 10 years, and over the course of those years, Evo has gotten way more expensive to run.

We were thinking of something like $10 off.
Gotcha, I think it was just a lack of clarity that's thrown people off. Obviously I'm still going and registered, was just curious about the changes.

alstein

in order for KoF to be like soccer it would have to be more popular than Street Fighter though :p

It is, or at least was, in many places, like China, Brazil, and Mexico. I spent years on kaillera grinding matches vs folks with 200 ping because it was either that or Guilty.

xezuru

Damn... Project M is confirmed for NWM? I didn't even know about the regional till it was already happening, I can't wait to get quad 4 stocked and 0-2 out of the tournament.

Marz

Seen Chillin in my hotel lobby after that match with Leffen and dude looked demoralized loloolooololol.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I survived APEX 2015 is a thing? Well I can see why cause the freaking venue was an hour drive away. Was extremely fortunate having a buddy drive us there. Plus, I hope your alright count, it ain't easy getting laid off. All you gotta do is make that bread back in MM lol

Speaking of that, I MM'ed crazyjoe and dude took my mcchicken money! 5-2 is not a way to go out... Luckily the Viper matchup experience served me well when I played Marlin. When's the next east coast tournament?

Seen Chillin in my hotel lobby after that Natch with Leffen and dude looked demoralized loloolooololol.

That gallon of water he was carrying wasn't enough to stop the salt from taking over. Dude's face after he lost looked like he saw a nightmare in real life.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Krillindude

Funny part is that Leffen totally fits as Frieza lol. I've never seen someone get destroyed so badly. Leffen was toying with him throughout all 5 matches from what I was seeing. Plus Prog is a chill dude, spoke with him a bit. He says he forgets that he has a GAF account ;_;

Incase you missed it, Chillindude, a Melee smash player made a diss track targeted at his opponent Leffen before his salty suite match at APEX 2015.

Respect Your Elders - Leffen Diss Track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsOW-_TwfU

...Chillindude lost the set 0 - 5. Most of the set matches

It sucks to be Chillindude right now lol. Cool video, if only if Chillendude atleast won a round to back up his shit talk xD

And then this was made yesterday, lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMW0ZC-4QJ8

Get laid off a day after you register for Evo brehs
kttcoliwow
floydthinking.png

oh well..
yu-yu-hakusho-o_zpswcfdj84v.gif

Channeling the dragon of the darkness flames right now.
You've been playing kusoge, Q. Xrd is kusoge. Time to wake up and smell the doodoo. #deleteElphelt
I hope she is GG's new Hakumen. I want to see her even better whenever Anji or Baiken show up so I can see what the fuss is about. She can't be any more annoying than Hazama or Kokopuffs, right?

xD omg @ that video he has to like avoid the internet now. Something I don't even think is possible. I just tweeted him that link so he'll definitely see it. I wonder if he'll keep playing Smash.

EDIT:
Lol he just tweeted me back saying it's funny as hell LOL. So atleast he's cool with it. Cuz it is pretty funny lmao

Top Bottom