• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

Wallach

Actually its true. Regular watermelons cost about $15-$40 while square watermelons cost $80-$100. Hot damn. What's so damn special about the latter?

To be fair I think any kind of square fruit would be kind of special. Shit ain't natural.

Tell me how many Valles have rubbed off on me SousedLouse.

You get one Valle per hour - but not when you're playing him, since he'll be focusing on smacking you around with solid fundamentals.

I play sf2 on Genesis, Mk on Genesis, Eternal Champions on gen, and alpha 1 on saturn :D

Assuming that these games were played in their respective generations: 5 for Alpha 1, 2 for SF2CE, 2 for MK, 2 for EC - that's about 11 Valles.

Right, I might as well nip this in the bud now!

1-10 Valle(s): You get to complain about all this '09er blood not being able to take their lumps. You can also make uncontested remarks about how far fighting games have fallen since the late '90s, but that's about it. There's a special clause about being able to argue that KOF Maximum Impact: Regulation A is actually a good game, but everyone gave up on that years ago.

11-20 Valles: Wider range of fighting games to reminisce/nostal-gasm about. Data East, Sunsoft, you name it. You're also allowed to argue that any games you might have played back in the day which were considered broken were actually undiscovered gems that deserve a second chance - you've got to actually argue this point, though.

21-35 Valles: You can now posit that any game with even the tiniest bit of depth is a diamond in the rough; if this claim is contested, just link a wicked sweet combo video. ESE Dancers vids are preferred, but anything goes.

36-50 Valles: We High-Tier now.
Complaining about games you haven't played? Approved!
Taking uncontested potshots at the established foundations of the genre (supers, enhanced states, etc.?) Approved!
Talking shit about established players? Well, you've still got a uphill battle, but now you have something to reply with when someone asks "and who are you?" (only works if people give a shit about what you've played/seen/done)

51-60 Valles: You're still trying to list stuff? We get it - you did a lot of fighting game stuff back in the day! You can stop with the pissing contest already!

Points are calculated the way Kadey posted - special consideration is given to those who had to jump through hoops like playing in dives or game shops, or dealing with Sega Channel. Smash counts, though - too much blood was actually shed over money matches in Antigua to say otherwise.

However, it's important to note that this scale only holds truck with people who want to buy into an easy ranking system. It means fuck all to people who give no fucks about it. All the real OGs know what these games are like and what they're talking about when they discuss them, so appeals to authority are useless to them. They argue based on facts, logic and experience. So in that sense, Valles are like points on Who's Line Is It Anyway - they don't matter.

But if you want to have a dick-measuring contest, they're a better measure of authority than join dates, upvotes or rep.

That's the thing. They said they all have a different level of sweetness and are hard to grow over there.

Most expensive watermelon in Japan went for $6000+.

That a crazy crap-shoot.

It's like when you get an orange that has like no juice and not very sweet.

But I am not out 150!

I just hope they put pheonix wright in sf5. That would be incredibly amazing.

"a pair of Yubari cantaloupe melons sold for a record $23,500."

Japan likes their melons!

You now have a special part of your brain that is dedicated to remembering unusually high japanese melon prices ... And so do I...

Thanks

More like several members not just one.

"I was on my way to ask Capcom about an update to Marvel 3, but I ran into this girl. She was the amazing woman I've ever met. We've seen seeing each other for awhile, and I proposed last night. She said yes! Hell, she's here right now!"

*Enzo's ex steps out from behind the curtains*

"When's Marvel?"

so an independent fighting game with an all female cast failed to light the scene on fire...i know what we need, an independent fighting game with an all furry cast
Better than Paws-
Damn it Q!

Someone needs to make an all male fighting game. Pretty boys, beefcake, bad boys, hot nerds, handsome professors, etc.

Well, Fatal Fury 1 was all dudes. Street Fighter 1 as well. Buriki One had only male fighters too, and that had pretty much all the types of men you mentioned and then some. But then again, it's Buriki One.
Then there's The Karate Tournament, Karate Champ... lots of older games had male-only casts. Most of them didn't have cheesecake design, though. Maybe SNK would be up for that sort of thing; goodness knows they need the money. They've already made BL dating sims, there's half the setup right there!

That's the thing. They said they all have a different level of sweetness and are hard to grow over there.

Most expensive watermelon in Japan went for $6000+.

It's hard to grow square watermelons because of all the stuff that can go wrong, but damn... $6000? I'd just grow the blasted thing myself at that point.

It was probably Bob Sapp who bought it.

Of course. He's probably going to job to that melon at a PPV right afterwards, too.

I'll do this.

I'm gonna sell the tape at EVO.

7fwR0qSl.jpg

Jaxel

I think I am agreeing with what you are saying. Quick say something positive about Sonic to make me disagree with you.

But but but... I dont like Sonic. Didn't even like Sonic 1 and 2; and I grew up with a Sega Genesis/32X/CD. Never really liked platformers though, dont like Mario either.

Top Bottom