• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

It's hard to grow square watermelons because of all the stuff that can go wrong, but damn... $6000? I'd just grow the blasted thing myself at that point.

The guy who brought it said he wanted to show his support of the agriculture there, so I seriously doubt any of these Japanese will pay the same amount of money for a watermelon grown by a gaijin.

The guy who brought it said he wanted to show his support of the agriculture there, so I seriously doubt any of these Japanese will pay the same amount of money for a watermelon grown by a gaijin.

I meant if I were in his shoes, sorry. But if he bought it to show support, then that's something different altogether. Good for them.

And that match w/ Royal Flush, wow. Loved it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm bored so I'll post it in here too.

My top ten list for SF x TK 2013 *currently* Order on the list doesn't really mean much

Guy
Lili
Heihachi
Chun
Nina
Abel
Dudley
Christie
Ogre
Law

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why are Guy and Dudley so highly rated? IIRC Guy's buffs were mainly combo parts and Dudley mostly got minor nerfs.

Being pretty much 100% safe with frame trap stuff kinda makes you a good character specially when you got reach. The more you play them the more annoyed you get at how they can get away with some things they shouldn't be able too.

M3z_

Everything Ogre does is unsafe besides his fireball thing, and most of his normals and specials are slow. What on earth makes him top 10 material? He has good damage and a good reversal, but what is he supposed to excel at?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Everything Ogre does is unsafe besides his fireball thing, and most of his normals and specials are slow. What on earth makes him top 10 material? He has good damage and a good reversal, but what is he supposed to excel at?

I'm sorry you are having bad luck with him, he's the least derp character on that list but he's good. His reversal sucks actually unless you mean the ex firekick

No Paul or Jin?
Jin's great, paul nah he's just a combo ender character. Hell Kings better than Paul. If you want to use paul just use Hei imo

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Makes sense, I was thinking that from watching a bit of him. What about Alisa?

Alisa is about on par with Jin, she suffers from no real way to open anyone up. But she has pretty good priority on her chainsaw attacks and good jump attacks.

I think people are getting the wrong impression about ease of use clouding how good some of the characters are.

Ill do a letter grade list tomorrow.

Horseress

Jin is definitely top 5

I would also rate Alisa over Nina, Ogre, and Abel

Paul is definitely top 10

Paul is definitely not that good. He's the most basic of all Tekken characters, he doesn't have crazy high/low mixups or any complex string, he's all about the damage, like Q said, a great combo ender.

Paul is definitely not that good. He's the most basic of all Tekken characters, he doesn't have crazy high/low mixups or any complex string, he's all about the damage, like Q said, a great combo ender.

Yea, but you could say that about any SF character and even Law. I don't think a character needs great high/low mixups to be a really good character, but it helps.

The fact that every confirm he has leads to that much damage is good.

And I will agree that Paul should go second on a team.

Horseress

Yea, but you could say that about any SF character and even Law. I don't think a character needs great high/low mixups to be a really good character, but it helps.

The fact that every confirm he has leads to that much damage is good.

And I will agree that Paul should go second on a team.
I agree, not saying he's bad, he's great, just not top 10

Well I guess its time to change my team from Lars/Paul to like, Dudley/Abel or something.

Blegh, just when I was starting to sorta learn those characters.

Gotta PICK A TOP TIER though.

Lars/Paul is a very good team. I don't think you need to change from that at all.

If you wanted another pocket team I suppose that's fine.

I'm trying to learn Lili this weekend. I got sick of practicing tekken chains -> dynamite heel dash cancels -> instant dive kick with hwoarang

Lars/Paul is a very good team. I don't think you need to change from that at all.

If you wanted another pocket team I suppose that's fine.

I'm trying to learn Lili this weekend. I got sick of practicing tekken chains -> dynamite heel dash cancels -> instant dive kick with hwoarang

I just need to figure out my tag combo with Lars after I launch with Paul and then I'm set. I might pick up Dudley and Abel as a pocket team though, I like both of the characters so it won't be too bad.

Also, I think Bum's tournaments are going to be at his house. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Beckx

Meteorites are just fallout from Zangief catching an entire planet in midair.

Putin scoffs at pathetic Zangief.

BDIfMHWCcAAjPpP.jpg:large

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
I've missed the last two weeks of this.

Any juicy, juicy FGC drama? Last time I was here they announced VxG|ECT

Due to some undiscovered tech coming to light at recent ranbat, Fighters History Dynamite is now THE game to play. It will be the most hype game at Evo by far.

Paul is special in SFxT. Special good not "special". Apparently he doesn't care about frame data.

Kadey explained to me why there were eight east coast emperors yelling at each other on the internet.

Mike Ross used cross up jump medium kick to get free rent.

Keth Sillian is fluent in Japanese.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bluerei wanted me to show my tits. I told him why bother when his are bigger than mine. It'll be like Beef asking Panda to see his penis, why bother when Beef already has a bigger penis than Panda.

Top Bottom